MISTRIAL AZ - Gabriel Cuen-Buitimea, shot and killed with AK-47 by rancher George Alan Kelly, Kino Springs, Jan 2023 *charged* #2

Mexican consulate sure wants a retrial, of course.

“They will continue to seek justice, and we are confident that justice shall prevail in this case,” he said. “All the evidence was portrayed and it’s public,” he said.

“And that shows that there was a clear fact in which Mr. Cuen Buitimea was walking, unarmed, and was shot in the back by a high caliber weapon.”

jmo- But, "all that evidence" did NOT prove Mr Kelly shot Cuen Buitimea.

My bet is that it is going to be retried.

In the end, most counties will try a second time if the family of the deceased requests unless they deeply believe that they already made their best effort prosecutor talent wise and the state is not sending a special prosecutor.

Its the third time that they start to get hesitant, very hesitant.

Last edited:
Despite the 7-1 defeat, I am thinking they will for a second retrial, but never a third.

As a distant side note, the initial prosecution of this self defense case also went very badly (10-2 for aquittal). The trial was in Texas- where there can be a tilt towards accepting self defense claims.

But.... when the family insisted on a retrial, prosecutors regrouped by replacing both initial prosecutors with an experienced prosecutor who had actual "knock down, drag out" court experience in tough, actively contested cases.
The next jury went 12-0 for a conviction.

In the end, I would like to now the actual trial experience of the prosecutors in "round one"? Where they:
- A. highly experienced in paper plea bargain agreements with some experience in actual trials of the "slam dunk" variety?
- B. Were they already experienced in trials that are truly and skillfully contested?

If "A", I think they are going to re-assign and try again.

It is my belief that Kim Hunley from the state, has an experienced and successful background as a defense attorney for over 20 years. She is not at all inexperienced.
In her defense , this might have been her first trial going up against a previous MMA champ ( Larkin )...so there's that.
:cool:

It is my belief that Kim Hunley from the state, has an experienced and successful background as a defense attorney for over 20 years. She is not at all inexperienced.
In her defense , this might have been her first trial going up against a previous MMA champ ( Larkin )...so there's that.

Larkin's my first girl crush, lol! (MMA & law school summacumlaude graduate - that's a 1-2 punch right there!)

After this beat down, I would be making quiet requests for uhmm "heavy weight" assistance from Phoenix in regards to a special assistant prosecutor.

In the end, Hunley maybe an experienced fighter, but she really does not have time to go though extensive additional training before a second fight. Rather, she essentially needs to fight with her available skills. And those ended 7-1.

In the end, and in everything, champions are champions for reasons. Thinking Larkin is a dual champion and it takes another champion to have a shot against her.

Sadly, as much as I would like this all to be over for the Kelly's, and for the state to decide to drop all charges and not re-try him....I see Kim Hunley like a dog with a bone. She is NOT going to give this up. Look back in the prelim stages, when they first charged him with 1st Deg Murder. She wants this win. She wants this to be true. She will probably continue.
DRR aka DRV is probably being taught his left from right, and East from West as we speak. MOO

Sadly, as much as I would like this all to be over for the Kelly's, and for the state to decide to drop all charges and not re-try him....I see Kim Hunley like a dog with a bone. She is NOT going to give this up. Look back in the prelim stages, when they first charged him with 1st Deg Murder. She wants this win. She wants this to be true. She will probably continue.
DRR aka DRV is probably being taught his left from right, and East from West as we speak. MOO
Look! Kim finally found the bullet George fired from his AK to kill Gabriel!
1714004488432.jpeg

“They will continue to seek justice, and we are confident that justice shall prevail in this case,” he said. “All the evidence was portrayed and it’s public,” he said.

“And that shows that there was a clear fact in which Mr. Cuen Buitimea was walking, unarmed, and was shot in the back by a high caliber weapon.”

jmo- But, "all that evidence" did NOT prove Mr Kelly shot Cuen Buitimea.

The Mexican Consulate?! Well then…. they are a joke. With all of their cartels and criminal illegal immigrants streaming out of their country, illegally crossing our borders flooding and smuggling illegal drugs like Fentanyl into our country , that are killing our young people, even children?!
How absurd.They must all be either insane, or sociopaths . JMO
May God help us all.

ETA: If the Mexican Consulate had any dignity whatsoever they would say nothing. That they say they “will continue to seek justice, and we are confident that justice shall prevail in this case” is beyond appalling and absurd. How about if they place their focus on their own failing country, and the reason their citizens are fleeing their country to invade ours.
It’s a shame that they don’t care about their own country. And have no respect for ours. Yes, I am outraged.

Last edited:
Another reason why I think Kim Hunley will go for a retrial ?

She wants another "bite" at impeaching Wanda Kelly. She failed miserably in this trial to get Mrs Kelly to say what she wanted. She had almost 6 hours with her on the stand, and was not able to.

Hunley requested to recall her towards the end of the trial, and was shot down by the judge.

IMO, she is rabidly salivating to put this suffering,frightened, and hearing impaired older woman back up on the stand. No matter how bad it makes her ( KH ) look.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back