AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 7 mos, Tempe, 27 Dec 2009

Discussion in 'Gabriel Johnson' started by Seymour Krelborn, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Cagle

Cagle Well-Known Member

byo, Laughing and cocomod like this.

2. PhoneJockey

PhoneJockey Well-Known Member

Oh, no. Hopefully someone takes this new child from her!

3. Cagle

Cagle Well-Known Member

There is a lot of back and forth in this article as to which police department is/was handling this case, and how many leads may have never been followed up on. Below is a small snip.

Missing for 12 years, Baby Gabriel's family seeks answers

After 11 years of being told by both Tempe police and SAPD that the Missing Persons Case on Baby Gabriel was in the hands of SAPD, it suddenly belonged to Tempe, Arizona.

"I'm trying to wrap my head around that for the last 11 years. We've been told you guys had the case including by some of your detectives who were working on the case early on. And now to find out there really wasn't a case. It's like making my heart pound out of my chest," says Peters.

Sandy Peters is Gabriel’s aunt. She has been helping his father, Logan McQueary since Gabriel went missing. This call with Missing Persons went on for 31 minutes. The civilian working in the unit gave Peters all kinds of possible reasons why Tempe police may have told them that SAPD had the case for more than a decade.

Dispatcher: “They might be a little confused because their Missing Persons Case in their homicide case are overlapping.”
    Dispatcher: “No, he definitely hasn't been forgotten that case is definitely still with Tempe.”
    Dispatcher: "I'll look around and see if I can find, maybe, you know, if there's another department that's been working with him but as far as a Missing Persons Case goes.”
    Sandy: “There’s not one.”
    Dispatcher: “I would start directing those things towards Tempe just for the time being."

Shocked -- the family now wants answers and someone to be held accountable--- if none of the more than 25 thousand tips the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children says they’ve received about Gabriel, have been looked at.

"So I asked this person in San Antonio Missing Children. So, what's happening to those leads are you guys looking at them. And he said, why would we look at them there. It's not our case," says Peters.

Late today, the San Antonio Police Department offered an interview with a lieutenant in charge of the public information office. Fox San Antonio will have that interview tomorrow. And also Baby Gabriel's father now wants the investigation moved to another agency.

4. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness!!! That is truly tragic. Who has followed up on any of the leads? Maybe noone?! This would shatter anyone's heart. What a misstep - the police have a lot of explaining to do!

5. Dontknow?

Dontknow? Well-Known Member

This is just unbelievable if true. Just terrible! How does something like this happen? Yes, heads will roll.

Laughing likes this.
  6. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

I'm a supporter of LE all around, but this time

upload_2021-6-15_19-18-17.jpeg
    image from myshingle.com

jmho ymmv lrr

cocomod, Dontknow? and Cagle like this.
  7. Cagle

Cagle Well-Known Member

Take my son’s missing person case out of McManus’ hands, says Baby Gabriel's dad

But where those leads may have gone is now another mystery for his family. The National Center of Missing and Exploited Children says there are tens of thousands of them.

However, the police department disputes that number and outlined they’ve received a total of only 17 leads between 2016 and 2020. That’s only part of what’s concerning the family. After three calls to the San Antonio Police Department last month, the family says they were told SAPD does *not* have a missing person case on Gabriel.

...snipped

Tempe police were surprised when we called and asked if they had the open missing person case on Baby Gabriel. They sent us this statement, that in part reads:

“The missing person case related to Gabriel was transferred to the San Antonio Police Department in January of 2010.”

“At that point, we notified and met with members of the San Antonio Police Department to hand off the investigation.”

Dispatcher. "It's not our case. And so any tips that we have, we would have forwarded to Tempe."

“We called Tempe and they have no clue, why San Antonio would even direct them towards Tempe because they don't have an open case it was closed years ago,” says McQueary.

...snipped

"It's very unfortunate that the information has been miscommunicated, what I want the family to know is that the San Antonio Police Department does still have an active missing person case," says Lieutenant Michelle Ramos, SAPD.

The mistake according to Lt Michelle Ramos is that the civilians who answered the calls mistook one word to mean the case was in Tempe, Arizona.

"Tempe Arizona police department, entered baby Gabriel into the missing person database - so the police records that I have here, show that Gabriel was entered as missing with the Tempe Arizona police department," says Ramos. "So when the person in missing persons opened it, they saw originated, is that were the confusion was?" Yami asks. "I think that's the confusion because I'm not sure what happened in this case," says Ramos.

...snipped

Lt. Ramos assures the family that they have investigated every lead that has viable information.

"I'm not sure that the number of leads that were called into the San Antonio police department but I know every lead that they did have that was viable they did follow up on," says Ramos.

Viable - according to Ramos means a lead with a number, a name, and address something they can follow up on. Now Gabriel’s father says he has no confidence in the San Antonio Police Department and is asking the mayor and the city manager to honor his family’s wishes since they are the victims in this case.

"I want this case out of Chief McManus’ hands. I don't think that he is overlooking everything," says McQueary. “Somebody needs to be held accountable for what's happened."

Kittybunny, cocomod, Laughing and 2 others like this.
  8. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

There needs to be a formal investigation and accounting for whatever is going on here, IMO.
    How could this even happen on such a major case, for so long?

9. NewMommy09

NewMommy09 Well-Known Member

Gabriel was born within days of my first son and I followed this case very closely for a long time. I just came across a news story about her being pregnant this morning. I see that someone posted here about her being pregnant but I couldn't find where a link was given. Also, this story includes a photo of EJ in all her proud pregnant glory. Where is Gabriel? He turned 12 in May. Dear Lord, please provide this family with the answers theyve needed for 12 years now and please keep this unborn child safe. Amen.

Link: https://www.abc15.com/news/state/el...child-as-her-son-has-not-been-seen-since-2009

Laughing, Kittybunny and cocomod like this.
  10. Kittybunny

Kittybunny Well-Known Member

There is no doubt in my mind EJ got away with murder. How frustrating for Logan.

Laughing likes this.
  11. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

(((not listening))) I prefer to pretend that a loving but media-avoiding couple adopted Gabriel and Baby Lisa from KC, and they brother & sister now.

Please do not disturb this daydream. :oops:

jmho ymmv lrr

cocomod likes this.