AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this puts her for sure by herself without Gabe on the 27th of Dec before noon ... And she was seen with the baby on the 26th, that narrows it down to when she left him wherever. Do we know what day she sent the text message to Dad and supposedly Tammi ? TIA

Text messages were Dec 27

This Tammi lady sounds scary to me. Sounds WAYYYY to desperate for a child!

ETA: has she thought about her other child? this has to be devastating for her if she's bringing in all these different kids and telling her she has a new brother/sister and then poof they are gone!

How does the surrogate process work as far as after the baby is born? On TPS's myspace there are picture of her adoption day in court. After a surrogate mother has the child do they then have to go though a normal adoption process?
it really depends on what type of surrogacy they are doing. I would guess and say they are inseminating. If using the father as the donor then he would automatically be the natural father. The mother would then have to do a step-parent adoption. I'm not sure if it's this way in every state though. Each one has their own set of laws.

Not sure if this was posted here

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?v=wall&ref=mf&id=1654321195

Scroll down on her wall for post from Tammi
Apparently Tammi at one time had this young girls child also.

Tammi Peters Smith: She's doing great! How's Salina??? I miss her so much! I tried so hard not to get to close to her, cause I knew it would hurt too much if and when she left. I want a baby so badly. Were still looking for someone out there who wants to put their baby up for adoption. Next week my other clinic will be open, so I wi...ll only work 3 days a week. I will have lots of time to nourture a baby, so hopefully God will send a baby my way to adopt! God Bless you and Salina...I miss her so much!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1585061919&ref=ts#/profile.php?v=wall&ref=mf&id=1654321195

I may be totally off, but my first impression while reading that was almost like she was hoping her message would get the mother to give the child back to her. Just the way she worded it.

I am convinced that she is so desperate for a baby she will do just about anything to get one. The fact that she had little Gabriel for a couple weeks so she did already start to love him, and just because he is a beautiful little guy (who WOULDN'T want him? Well, besides his own "mother") I really think she is behind this in one way or another. I think he is alive somewhere and TPS knows exactly where he is.

I am aware that because of the lack of concern and the strict adoption laws in Nairobi (where TPS has done missionary work, according to her) there is a real problem of baby rings and illegal adoptions in the area. Some of them brought back to the U.S.
Tammi makes herself out to be this desperate woman on all these sites, yet she never responds, seemingly, to the offers she gets. Maybe she isn't looking for a surrogate, but for other desperate women. maybe so desperate they won't ask questions.
She knows a lot about adoptions, and doesn't seem afraid to smile and present improper documentation, without a care in the world. She seems to hedge that she at least knows about some underground organizations. There's good underground and bad underground. I am very curious as to which one TPS is familiar with.

BTW: Kenya does allow Americans to adopt...they just have to stay in Kenya to formalize it, then they can bring the child here, legally, as their own. I don't have a link but the US Embassy website would likely confirm this in their FAQ's. If she was the desperate woman she makes herself out to be on several websites, why not speak to an attorney, who could have told her this?
ETA: (On the surrogacy website, she says Americans cannot adopt from Kenya, thus the above law lesson.)

Just an idea, I really distrust TPS, and I don't know how deeply I should mistrust her.

Good post - Tammi's one message on the surrogate site also made me wonder if 'easy' is the key word in her vocabulary - where she says it would be great to see someone through their pregnancy, but ... I kind of doubt she wants to do that kind of adopting (that usually means big bucks and supporting the mom also financially whether they are already pregnant or are a surrogate), plus it takes time and signifies a mom who is not so desperate. Wonder also if she really was going to stop at just the one brother or sister for daughter. If so, why not just go through a more legal and valid adoption? Make you wonder if she is more along the lines of a baby finder?

<snips>

Apparently Tammi at one time had this young girls child also.

<snips>

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1585061919&ref=ts#/profile.php?v=wall&ref=mf&id=1654321195

So maybe she tries to take in girls who are having troubles and hope they leave their babies behind or did I miss something (easy adoption if the father is not around)? In addition, she might keep in contact hoping they will hand them over if they decide differently? I'm just starting to see Tammi as very predatory.

Maybe the Nashville connection is from TPS...she has a Nashville connection on veromi if you search her 5th name..."fakio" with a c instead of a k...how appropriate huh.:crazy:

I have been picking thru TPS fb page today. I've gone all the way back to April just to see what kind of person she is.
What I do find wierd or it could just be a complete coincidence is that TPS has a very good friend that comes and visits etc and they talk alot on fb, She has a daughter named Gabriella and She lives in Hermitage, Tn which is only 12.9 miles away from Nashville. Am I looking at this way to hard??!

Did you notice on the "surrogates" site Tammy ONLY responded to a teenage girl that most everyone else urged to NOT be a surrogate? The girl had never had a child, was in high school, and willing to be a surrogate cheap...for $2000

Other want-to-be moms mostly were telling the girl she was too young, this could disrupt her life (seems most surrogates are already moms, in their mid to late 20's etc)

But Tammy was ready to go for it...even gave the girl her phone number

seems like she is desperate for a child on the cheap JMO

Did you notice on the "surrogates" site Tammy ONLY responded to a teenage girl that most everyone else urged to NOT be a surrogate? The girl had never had a child, was in high school, and willing to be a surrogate cheap...for $2000

Other want-to-be moms mostly were telling the girl she was too young, this could disrupt her life (seems most surrogates are already moms, in their mid to late 20's etc)

But Tammy was ready to go for it...even gave the girl her phone number

seems like she is desperate for a child on the cheap JMO

That just seems bizarre given she presents herself as so religious. If the girl needed money, why wouldn't you try to find her help. If it was for the experience of being a surrogate, she's too young and I can't believe anyone would encourage her. It must have been for the money since she said she would do it cheap. Encouraging a girl like that seem immoral to me and screams that she either has psychological problems or is totally disenfranchised from her family. Wouldn't it be illegal if the girl was under 18?

Everything I have read about TS is suspicious. There has to be a major investigation going on right now with her, to include her associates. There are ways to adopt a child and they don't include befriending young, "distressed" looking moms in airports or on blogs.

I agree that this person seems very desperate for a baby but does not seem to want to go through ordinary means to get one. Maybe there is some reason she couldn't pass a home study? She seems to just be putting it out there and hoping that someone just hands her a baby without too much expense or work. I just can't see going up to a young mother at an airport and asking if she wants to give her child up for adoption just because she seemed stressed. This woman knows where the baby is, most likely arranged for the whole thing and is planning on keeping the child. I just can't see her going to all this trouble for some other person to have the child. The whole "underground" thing sounds like something she cooked up to get the child.

I hope they are plastering this boys pics and her car all over the news there in TX, the problem I have with mom's story is because she states she left the baby with " Cheryl " if the baby is found deceased she can blame it on this couple she met in the park. For some reason I don't think she harmed him at least physically, I think there was a planned pick up ... day at the park to say her last goodbye to him.
Someone funded her adventure ... if he is underground which is the way Mrs. Smith seems to be directing this what are the chances of him being found ?
I know it can't be hard to get a birth certificate for him especially at his age... I am distraught over all of this. I hope they can hold mom on no bond !!

Oh, this is making me so sick.

First, how did LE learn EJ and the baby were at the park in the first place? I know someone said there were witnesses, but there had to have been some way LE was alerted and found these witnesses. If EJ was alone, no one would have known where she went while in San Antonio, but they found out about the park. Were they given a tip? hmmmm.

Second, how did LE find EJ at the hostel in Miami so quickly? Were they given a tip? hmmmm again.

So maybe she tries to take in girls who are having troubles and hope they leave their babies behind or did I miss something (easy adoption if the father is not around)? In addition, she might keep in contact hoping they will hand them over if they decide differently? I'm just starting to see Tammi as very predatory.

Seems she seeks out young girls in desparate situations.
Why am I seeing Melinda Duckett in a situation just like this while reading this thread.I am sick just thinking about Trenton today.
Even Casey comes to mind reading this story..

Seems she seeks out young girls in desparate situations.
Why am I seeing Melinda Duckett in a situation just like this while reading this thread.I am sick just thinking about Trenton today.
Even Casey comes to mind reading this story..

Yes! And now she feels "accomplished" - remember her "mood" on MS? And then the helpful "tips" start coming to LE once she gets what she wants. JMO, but I am truly nauseated right now.

Maybe they should put a little fear of God in her. I wonder if a bluff would work. . .tell her that they believe that she has killed him and that she could be facing murder charges is Texas. . . the state with the express lane to the death chamber. Might change her tune

Melissa

In all actuality they can charge her with murder and I think they should since they have a confession in the text message. I'll bet once she's charged with murder she'll remember all kinds of this, like the fact that TPS srt this whole thing up, Cheryl's first middle and last name, make and model of Cheryl's car and license plate number.
I think her memory would become very clear, very quickly, if they would just charge her.

I've started a new thread. Please continue posting here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4645415#post4645415"]AZ - 8 mo. old Gabriel Johnson missing since 12-26-09, #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks,

Salem

There seems to be a couple of theories about how TPS and EJ met. One suggests in an airport, the other is that they met right on a plane. From Boston. What connection do they both have to Boston?

I'm also finding it odd that (per the article you recently posted BeanE) Logan only moved out of their home on Dec. 8th, was asked to sign over custody on Dec. 9th, and refused and filed for joint custody. Yet the court date was on Dec. 28th. That seems REALLY fast, IMO. Or was this just an initial hearing of sorts? Anyone I know who has gone through custody disputes, it has been a very long drawn out process, especially when both parents are fighting for different things, etc. I guess my question/thought here is: Were there mitigating factors that caused the court process to be pushed up to get Gabe out of EJ's custody??? Would love some insight on this if anyone has experience or legal knowledge, particularly for Maricopa County.

I'm way behind so I don't know if this has been answered but if nothing had been filed previously, this would be an initial "motion" for temporary custody orders pending final judgment of paternity. But, I am sure i read somewhere that Logan had some type of joint custody or visitation rights prior to filing this latest motion, and if so, it was likely a request to modify custody. Those are usually heard about 30 days after they are filed with the court and served. He may have received an "order shortening time" to speed up the process.

This Tammi lady sounds scary to me. Sounds WAYYYY to desperate for a child!

ETA: has she thought about her other child? this has to be devastating for her if she's bringing in all these different kids and telling her she has a new brother/sister and then poof they are gone!

She reminds me of those women that fake a pregnancy and then go hunting for a pregnant woman so they can murder her and take her child. Scary indeed, I have a feeling that much of this woman, Tammy's, life is lies and deceit.

Mom: I Gave My Baby To Texas Strangers

POSTED: 5:21 pm MST January 5, 2010
UPDATED: 5:39 pm MST January 5, 2010

http://www.kpho.com/news/22144314/detail.html

Contains interview with Elizabeth!!!!

Exclusive phone interview

This is super bizarre! That's Tammi on the phone with her and the journalists, right? Asking questions, trying to direct what EJ says? What the heck. Can't they charge her with neglect and child abandonment as well at this point? The fact that Tammi is involved makes it seem she is definitely in on hiding the child. Otherwise, I fear this child is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998