AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! That was his defense?? Why don't all murderers use the defense of sleep walking, then no one will be held responsible..The Smiths are going to need someone that thinks outside of the box.. Perfect match!

weather here is knocking me off...who's the attorney ???

Uhmmmm. Why in Hades is TS and JS have a murder attorny?? and why is a high profile attorny stepping up for them, but not EJ?? I would think it would be better to step up for the main person, more coverage, attention, ect. ect. IDK, anyone else??

Maybe its just bad reporting. I dont think you can pay in advance with cash..Maybe media just meant she made a reservation in advance..I just can't keep anything straight. The media in these cities needs to do some serious fact checking.

You can pay cash in advance at most hotels. Some require an additional cash deposit, most don't.

A picture I.D. is required since 9/11.

The easiest way to confirm if you can pay cash in advance at a hotel is to call the desk clerk and ask if you need anything in addition to your picture I.D. and cash in hand to check in.

Just sayin'.

Wow! That was his defense?? Why don't all murderers use the defense of sleep walking, then no one will be held responsible..The Smiths are going to need someone that thinks outside of the box.. Perfect match!

haha bcuz...
Scott Falater was found guilty of first degree murder and sentenced to life in prison without chance of parole. :woohoo:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homicidal_somnambulism[/ame]

JMO

lol yes, TS is that dumb

I have been looking into him, and he has handled cases that made national news
Here is one example, the case of the guy who stabbed his wife 43 times while sleepwalking :( sounds like a perfect match
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/06/07/u...e-by-man-in-killing-of-wife.html?pagewanted=1

ETA he is also known for defending another murderer who claims he was asleep and woke up still half asleep and stabbed his roommate
Client was 16 and a son of a fairly well-known writer I've read before http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...nk0AAAAIBAJ&sjid=6pYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3405,4350262

I do wonder about this letter with "proof" of their evidence from attorney to LE -- sounds like an unusual move -- I wonder what AZ Lawyer thinks about this move

Mike K is a well-known criminal lawyer here. He was president of the AZ Bar at one point, I believe, and is known for his creative approaches to defending his clients. He is also very comfortable with using the media to assist him in his defense.

Uhmmmm. Why in Hades is TS and JS have a murder attorny?? and why is a high profile attorny stepping up for them, but not EJ?? I would think it would be better to step up for the main person, more coverage, attention, ect. ect. IDK, anyone else??

Some attorneys like publicity. Some like a challenge. Some are masochistic.

Maybe he did step up for the main person . . . .

I remember that story of the sleepwalking murder from Dateline NBC awhile back. I was in the mind set it was complete BS. Then, after MK started with the defense, I have to admit, he was good. Had me believing it was possible. If T & JS did something wrong and he is their atty . . . rut-roh

Wonder if we should start a thread on this atty -- or maybe posts about him should be in the Smith's thread? Better to keep it seperate if this thing blows up.

Maybe he did step up for the main person . . . .

I remember that story of the sleepwalking murder from Dateline NBC awhile back. I was in the mind set it was complete BS. Then, after MK started with the defense, I have to admit, he was good. Had me believing it was possible. If T & JS did something wrong and he is their atty . . . rut-roh

Maybe he stepped up for the main person in the media. He just wants the media attention and will probably be doing the rounds with the Smiths sometime soon.

You can pay cash in advance at most hotels. Some require an additional cash deposit, most don't.

The easiest way to confirm if you can pay cash in advance at a hotel is to call the desk clerk and ask if you need anything in addition to your picture I.D. and cash in hand to check in.

Just sayin'.

Oh do they mean that she payed cash in advance when she got there?

I was thinking that it meant she paid in ADVANCE (ie before she got there). I don't know how you would pay in cash before you got there :)

Just sayin'.

The clerk at the second hotel, The Quality Inn, stated that EJ's I.D. was "swiped" into their computer. Sorry but I'm not familiar with U.S. identification but is it possible to "swipe" a driver's license into a hotel computer system so that they have the person's information should a bill be required to be sent to that person if there are any additional charges that are not paid at the time of check out?

And if they did "swipe" the fake ID without a problem, wouldn't that indicate some pretty good fake ID rather than a "novelty" fake ID?

The clerk at the second hotel, The Quality Inn, stated that EJ's I.D. was "swiped" into their computer. Sorry but I'm not familiar with U.S. identification but is it possible to "swipe" a driver's license into a hotel computer system so that they have the person's information should a bill be required to be sent to that person if there are any additional charges that are not paid at the time of check out?

And if they did "swipe" the fake ID without a problem, wouldn't that indicate some pretty good fake ID rather than a "novelty" fake ID?

I don't understand how that would work either unless she had someone else's ID and it wasn't fake, it just wasn't her.

TX ID's have a black magnetic strip like credit cards. That's where the "swipe" comment comes from. Your ID is actually electronically swiped to buy drinks at a bar or restaurant here. I actually had a problem once where at a restaurant, I ordered a drink and when they swiped my card, the information came up as somebody else, a male. I have NO IDEA how that happened. Nobody had ever had my ID for any reason, in fact it was pretty new at the time. I don't know if there was some kind of mix up, or if somehow my ID# was used for someone to produce a fake ID. Just thought I would share that info in the hopes it helps someone figure this out.

ETA: Also wanted to add that if EJ was able to "befriend" someone at a DMV, she could possibly have gotten a "REAL" ID with fake info??? Just an idea, I could be WAY off. I've never had a fake ID and have NO idea where or how to get one or how it works. The closest I ever got was to use one of my friends ID's when I was 20. I looked nothing like her, but the club bouncer didn't care as long as I showed him ID.

It's not expensive to include a readable magnetic strip with a fake driver's license. Here's a snip from an article about someone arrested for selling fake i.d.'s. (Coincidentally ?, he lived in Tempe, AZ.)

Miller is alleged to have charged $5.25 per laminate, 75 cents to generically encode each magnetic strip, and $2 for specific encoding of the magnetic strip.
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/STATE...ION+SENT+MATERIALS+ACROSS+NATION.-a0106569091

Drivers licenses here are bar coded. They can be swiped on a reader at hotels, stores, etc, to pick up the person's name, address, etc, on file.

If the license worked when it was swiped, then it would indicate an I.D. with information actually stored at the DMV, rather than a novelty I.D.

Depending on the amount of money each particular state has put into it, the licenses have varying levels of protection against tampering. She could have used a license from any state. All she needed was one that would not give an error when swiped.

People who swipe cards at hotels, stores, etc, typically don't pay any attention to what's on the card. All they want to do is swipe, get the green light, and move on.

Eliz could have simply 'borrowed' someone's license and taken the risk that whoever she handed it to wouldn't look at it closely. There is much to indicate that Eliz was reading up on the Caylee Anthony case.

I am brand new, so forgive me if I don't get this posting exactly right.

Instead of swiped could the fake ID have been scanned? A lot of places use those small ID scanners now to save a person's id.

Swiping at a hotel would seem to indicate a credit card. I've never had a hotel swipe my driver's license. But then again, I always pay with credit cards. Swiping a picture ID could be standard practice if paying with cash.

Thanks for all the work on here...I've been doing a lot of reading of previous posts.

Also I believe Today Show segment will be on Saturday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k