GUILTY AZ - Girl, 16, strangled Jason Ash, 43, to death during sex, 19 Jan 2014

regardless of how any of us feel, she took someone's life. the family CLEARLY knew what was going on and did nothing.

And right now, nothing suggests that she was raped or anything or that he abused her.

she told police that she killed him in a consensual sex game gone wrong.

You do realize this was likely just an accident right?

Consensual strangulation definitely carries some risks if it is taken to the point of unconsciousness. The person getting choked doesn't even realize they are passing out (which is why guys practicing it by themselves are sometimes found strung up).

Sadly she almost certainly certainly choked him because HE wanted her too. He knew the risks and knew there was a possibility he could die suddenly (and happily) and she would be left to face the legal consequences.

Plus there is always the risk of sudden death after even just a few seconds of strangulation. The man never should have played those games with a 16 year old, she was likely far too naive to realize the possible sudden consequences. Sex is one thing but murder charges are a whole other ballgame.

Multiple sources in the medical literature, especially the forensic pathology literature, have cited instances of only a very few seconds of strangulation or suffocation causing sudden cardiac arrest. It is precisely this risk which makes engaging in breath control play especially problematic and risky. While such cardiac arrests are rare, being rare is not the same thing as being non-existent. Suffocating or strangling one's partner, even very briefly, is therefore ALWAYS at least something of a roll of the dice -- with a "snake eye's" roll being nothing less severe than fatal.

http://www.jaywiseman.com/SEX_BDSM_Breath_Closing_Argument.php

You do realize this was likely just an accident right?

Consensual strangulation definitely carries some risks if it is taken to the point of unconsciousness. The person getting choked doesn't even realize the are passing out.

Sadly she almost certainly certainly choked him because HE wanted her too. He knew the risks and knew there was a possibility he could die suddenly (and happily) and she would be left to face the legal consequences.

Plus there is always the risk of "sudden death" after even just a few seconds of strangulation. The man never should have played those games with a 16 year old, she was likely far to immature to realize the real risks involved.

If it was just an accident then why is she being charged as an adult.

it depends on if she knew right from wrong and i'm betting she knew what she was doing.

If it was just an accident then why is she being charged as an adult.

it depends on if she knew right from wrong and i'm betting she knew what she was doing.

She had likely done this for him many times BEFORE and nothing went wrong, I really don't think she had any intention of killing him. They were probably "busy" and when she realized he wasn't breathing it was too late.

The whole purpose is to give HIM a better orgasm and no doubt he really wanted it.

she's also a member of vampirefreaks.com and she lists her age as 19. her name is soultaker11 and her boyfriend JA is also on there.
Her boyfriend's profile says he's 28. If they actually were 19 and 28, having sex would be legal and less creepy. Reminds me of the Medicine Hat murders, in that the girl claimed to be older and the man claimed to be younger. That case involved vampirefreaks.com too, though it's not like that site has anything to do with these crimes. This 16-year-old is a victim too.

Her boyfriend's profile says he's 28. If they actually were 19 and 28, having sex would be legal and less creepy. Reminds me of the Medicine Hat murders, in that the girl claimed to be older and the man claimed to be younger. That case involved vampirefreaks.com too, though it's not like that site has anything to do with these crimes. This 16-year-old is a victim too.

I'll cry if they don't charge the mother with at least contributing. How stupid and reckless can you be.

the girl that he didn't use his "safe word" so many times these people don't think. while you're being strangled and in the middle of eeerr being busy saying the "safe word" is probably not even in their mind nor may they be able to.

i'm not into this type of stuff but i have been involved with people into BDSM and the same problem can arise in that. both people take a risk of things happening and someone getting hurt more than they expected.

This situation is so messed up in so many ways. The mother hasn't been charged with anything yet but I do think she should hold some responsibility. Here are some things that i want to know.

Why was the girl in a group home? Had she been taken away from her mother because of her mother's poor parenting? Or was it due to her autism and schizophrenia? I am tending to think that the girl was taken from the mom because she ran away from the home and back to her mom who was quite ok with her being there AND having sex with a 43 year old man that she met online.

Was "mom" one of those moms who like to party with her daughter like she is a teenage sister rather than a parent? Mom and daughter were on the same vampire website. Did mom encourage the girl to meet guys and did mom enjoy the attention her daughter received or live vicariously thru her?

How did mom support herself? Did mom perhaps encourage daughter to use her youth to attract a sugar daddy type of man. Mom seemed fine with Ash being with the daughter to have sex so just why was she so accepting and encouraging of it?

The daughter is only 16 and was having sex with a much older man and mom knew about it and approved and set up a situation so they could be together. Isn't that contributing to a sex crime or something like that? Isn't the fact that she let her daughter hide out at the house contributing to the delinquency of a minor? Shouldn't daughter be in school?

This whole thing is so profoundly messed up. Mom needs to be held accountable for her part in this.

I will be interested in the toxicology of the man. I wonder if he was taking any illegal drugs (and shared them with mom and daughter) or if he was taking any sex enhancing drugs?

No matter what, the daughter's reaction to the man passing out was freaking weird. She CUT him to try to revive him? Who does that???

And are we absolutely sure that mom was gone when the man died. Seems like mom could have been involved and thrown daughter under the bus, blaming her thinking that she wouldn't be charged since she was a minor and has possible mental illness issues.

the girl that he didn't use his "safe word" so many times these people don't think. while you're being strangled and in the middle of eeerr being busy saying the "safe word" is probably not even in their mind nor may they be able to.

i'm not into this type of stuff but i have been involved with people into BDSM and the same problem can arise in that. both people take a risk of things happening and someone getting hurt more than they expected.

The "safest" version of having a safe word with regards to breath play is a hand signal,etc.

I don't know that it has a lot to do with this case in the end. Ht there it is.

Very messed up situation. No 16 year old is mature enough to truly consent to this type of activity, let alone with a 43 year old. I hope that the Mom serves serious time and that the girl gets the help she will need.

This story is just so wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin.

The thing that stands out the most to me is, I have known a few people that are into BDSM, and from what I understand it takes a huge amount of trust. Would you ever in your wildest dreams consider playing BDSM games with an autistic schizophrenic?! :eek:

This case makes me angry in so many ways.
First of all a 16 year old girl having sex with a 43 year old man makes her a VICTIM.
And this is a girl who IMO was being molested...doesn't that play a role in all of this at all?
This whole thing just makes me angry on so many levels. I hope this girl's mother is charged for child neglect because letting your 16 year old have sex with old men IS child neglect.

This girl ran from a group home, then shows up at her mother's apt. Why didn't the mother call authorities? I think the mother may have been afraid of her daughter. Jmo

ciao

This case makes me angry in so many ways.
First of all a 16 year old girl having sex with a 43 year old man makes her a VICTIM.
And this is a girl who IMO was being molested...doesn't that play a role in all of this at all?
This whole thing just makes me angry on so many levels. I hope this girl's mother is charged for child neglect because letting your 16 year old have sex with old men IS child neglect.

I don't think the mother was neglecting the daughter, it seems to me she was trafficking her. Sad, sick and tragic. I hold the mother and the pedophile 100% responsible.

A mentally ill girl of 16 was raped, and she's being charged with the murder of her abuser? She's obviously very seriously disturbed, and needs help. But instead, her mother leaves her with her 43 year old 'boyfriend' for a play date. Disgusting.

I wouldn't be surprised if this girl has a history of abuse. The poor thing needs to be somewhere she can actually receive help, because locking her up and treating her like a criminal is not going to fix anything.

I get that lots of people are into the erotic aphixia .... I just will never understand why.
I certainly can not image a 16 year old into the whole scene.
This story is sad and rather disturbing on so many levels.
I can't see how she can possibly NOT be a VICTIM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the mother was neglecting the daughter, it seems to me she was trafficking her. Sad, sick and tragic. I hold the mother and the pedophile 100% responsible.

That very well could be a possibility also. Either way I just hope that some type a charge is brought against the mother.
This just makes me so mad...ugh.

This is all just an assumption on my part and I could be wrong but I'll just put it out there.

Seems to me this guy was a bit of a fetish freak. Seemed like he was in fact into those types of things. IDK maybe this girls mother did pimp her out, maybe she didn't. Either way I feel like this guy asked this little girl to do these things. With her being so young and everything she probably didn't have a clue what she was doing so of course she killed him.

These kinds of sex acts are very dangerous. I have no idea how one would go about doing things like that but I could see how a 16 year old girl doing this for the first time or something could do this on accident.

Even if it wasn't an accident this is crazy. I have always been so against children being charged as adults unless if it was pure evil. This to me doesn't sound like this girl was evil. Sounds to me she was a lost sad abused little girl with problems who needs help...not prison time.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...s-back-glendale-teen-charged-murder/70808596/

Jessica Burlew was 16 in January 2014, when police say the blue-haired Glendale girl admitted to killing 43-year-old Jason Ash in a sex act gone awry. Burlew was 27 years younger than Ash and a year and a half shy of her 18th birthday, the age of consent in Arizona.

For those reasons, among others, a group of local advocates have started questioning how prosecutors are treating Burlew's case because they believe she should be defined as a sexual victim by the same prosecutors who are charging her with second-degree murder...

Burlew quickly admitted to causing Ash's death, but maintained it was an accident, according to the police report. She told her mother Ash did not use the "safety word" the two had agreed upon, and she told police the strangulation was common and consensual in their sexual relationship.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...angles-boyfriend-jason-ash-sex_n_4652328.html

Burlew claimed she was strangling Ash with an electrical wire during sex when he fell unconscious. When he did not wake up, Burlew allegedly used a razor to try to rouse him. When that failed, she began cutting herself...

Burlew then called her mother, Tracey Woodside, telling her that the man was dead...

Woodside later told police she arrived at home to find Ash fully clothed on the bed, his pants unbuttoned. Woodside called emergency responders, who pronounced Ash dead at about 5:45 p.m. Woodside also told investigators that her daughter has schizophrenia and autism.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back