AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be the parents know something the rest of us don't know? Somehow I doubt it,
:(

The recent comments by Isabel's parents suggest to me that Becky and Sergio might be engaged in "magical thinking." They might be pondering things like, "If we say the rosary enough times, the Blessed Mother will send Isabel back to us". Or, "If we paint Isabel's bedroom the way that she wanted it, get her new furniture and a new bed", their daughter will "magically" reappear.

I don't know if either parent knows specifically where Isabel might have been taken, or by whom, but if they do know something about Isabel's whereabouts, I doubt that they will get away with it. :moo:

I think it's very possible they could get away with it. If there's no body and the investigators can't gather enough evidence for the DA to prove she's dead and prove who was responsible then the case will languish like so many others.

Many parents have gotten away with crimes against their children. John & Patsy Ramsey lead a parade of scores of other parents.

I think it's very possible they could get away with it. If there's no body and the investigators can't gather enough evidence for the DA to prove she's dead and prove who was responsible then the case will languish like so many others.

Many parents have gotten away with crimes against their children. John & Patsy Ramsey lead a parade of scores of other parents.

My above post was in reference to the Celis' ongoing insistence that "they know that Isabel is alive". If the child suddenly reappears as if by magic, I think they might have known all along where she's been and with whom.

If Isabel is deceased, and her parents know this and have hidden her remains, they probably will get away with murder or covering up an accidental death in their home.

Thanks for the clarification BDE. At this point I believe Isa is deceased and has been this entire time. I also think it possible her parents know this and know where her body is.

The way that Sergio so often speaks for his sons makes me uncomfortable. Perhaps he is only being thoughtful to remember them in all of the interviews but the frequent inclusion, without invitation or lead-in, is something that could easily be misunderstood.
:cow:​

"There isn't a doubt in my mind or in my heart or in my boys' hearts that she is alive and that she will come home, absolutely."

http://www.kvoa.com/news/celis-family-says-faith-keeps-them-going/#!prettyPhoto/0/

I think it might be at least partly because of the CPS contact restriction thing. He must be aware that it cast him in a bad light as a parent and now he needs to be seen as an involved, caring father. Maybe he is one or maybe it's an act. Either way there probably is a thought in the back of his mind about how things look.

I think it might be at least partly because of the CPS contact restriction thing. He must be aware that it cast him in a bad light as a parent and now he needs to be seen as an involved, caring father. Maybe he is one or maybe it's an act. Either way there probably is a thought in the back of his mind about how things look.

Could well be, but I get a sense when he does this that he's trying to paint a picture of a united family over which Dad "knows all" and is in charge of what they think, do and believe.

If you deny something long enough it may just appear to be true? Good luck with that approach.

Thanks Donj & Pieper.

Could well be, but I get a sense when he does this that he's trying to paint a picture of a united family over which Dad "knows all" and is in charge of what they think, do and believe.

My sentiments exactly. SC seems very controlling and manipulative: I get the feeling that both boys are afraid of their father. Speaking on their behalf is also a subtle reminder for them that "dad is in charge" and that he has told them all they need to know about their sister's disappearance. :moo:

My sentiments exactly. SC seems very controlling and manipulative: I get the feeling that both boys are afraid of their father. Speaking on their behalf is also a subtle reminder for them that "dad is in charge" and that he has told them all they need to know about their sister's disappearance. :moo:

Totally agree. He's "directing" the characters and action in this "opera/play"; and possibly scripted the entire "plot". The day will come when the boys (particularly the oldest) will speak up as a natural step in maturing/rebelling against parental influence. If even just to a friend. IMO, FWIW, disclaimer, blah, etc.

I still cannot let go of Uncle/Cousin; potential involvement in FnF or another similar money-based scenario.

I just don't think Isabel is dead.

Not sure if there is already a thread going or if this is even the right forum but does any one have any utd info on Isabel Celis?
I've searched the news but there isn't much. I browsed here briefly but again wasn't sure I was looking in the right place.
Thanks in advance.

Hi there Cagney. I went ahead and merged your post into Isabel's other thread.

This is actually the 24th discussion thread here on Websleuths for Isabel.
We also have an "information and support" thread for Isabel here: AZ AZ - Endangered Missing: Isabel Celis (6) - Tucson - 20- Apr-2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And a Media Links thread for Isabel here: AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 Media & Doc Dump (No Discussion) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Hope that helps!

I haven't checked since earlier today but nothing new since the last update. I did read 3 tweets about some woman that had been in the criminal justice system or something who also sounded like a psychic btw, was going to do a search this weekend but now the tweets are gone. Hopefully it's not happening and was just a scam that got slammed down fast.

The weather is cooling down at least overnight, evenings & early mornings hours. In the 60's at night finally, 90's and up during the days but a blessing. I hope some searches are being planned or something & it's sure to cool down soon. Perfect weather. Desert critters like snakes & other scary things will be hybernating. tg. There's still the matter of where to search & hope TPD/FBI have a plan in the works...

Sorry, no news that I know of. Maybe someone else has heard something?

I am not far from Tucson. If there are any searches planned and they are looking for volunteers I would be interesting in doing what I can, even if it's just handing out water.
I've scoured the internet for an utd news release but the latest doesn't really give much and wasn't very recent.

I am not far from Tucson. If there are any searches planned and they are looking for volunteers I would be interesting in doing what I can, even if it's just handing out water.
I've scoured the internet for an utd news release but the latest doesn't really give much and wasn't very recent.

Me too Cagney. I'll search. I wish we could get a search team in here unless TPD/FBI know better where Isabel could be...The parents & LE can request teams with resources and training in AZ to help. Tim Miller/Eguusearch is one to call. Mark Klaas is one too off the top of my head (no psychics!). Everyone wants her found as it's been way too long now. No word from LE, no word from the parents other than to pray. Someone has the answer to where Isabel is. I'd like to see a move finally on something to find Isa. It's been stagnated since the end of May.

The news people struggle to report, they don't even have Isa on their main page online or on tv. boo That happened weeks ago. Most towns keep their missing children and their pictures on their main page...she is the only missing little child that I know of in Tucson fgs!

If anyone knows the family and could talk to them about allowing a search & LE agrees a certain area needs searched or areas, that would be a start.

Just hoping this happens. It hasn't so far. I don't want to see her missing unsolved for years. Show me a million dollar budget...gah Does the FBI charge the states for help? I'm confused.

Wow, couldn't get on for a few minutes or so.

Hey Gardenlady too.

:pillowfight2:

This case drives me nuts! I just don't understand how she has been forgotten so quickly by LE, the media and her family! Poor Isabel she deserves better.

This case drives me nuts! I just don't understand how she has been forgotten so quickly by LE, the media and her family! Poor Isabel she deserves better.

I think with Isabel missing it will someday drive me batty with why it's so silent. I've never seen anything so quiet on a missing child's disappearance. Family, friends, LE, media, it's all too quiet or maybe it's just not concerning to them like it is to me (us). smh sad day in Tucson to realize that. bummer...or it's bigger than I imagine why she's missing. smh again.

Please don't tell me it's due to budget concerns. Please. No child missing should ever be considered over budgets. jmo & smh. I vote & the Chief is retring so...I'll vote accordingly. I have no horse in the race for political preferences. I just want kids found & the guilty held accountable. No child needs anything that disturbs their life in any manner. They are kids, let them enjoy life. jmo

There is definitely something more at play here... of that I am convinced. It is as if Isabel never really existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam