AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting this story at all any longer. I thought the LE said offically, they believed that Isabel was still alive. Based on what?

This is sounding to me, like the current day Gabbiee Swainson story, they also are saying she's alive. Yet blood and hair on ducttape was found in the neighbor's home.

It all sounds fishy to me.

What does the LE know anyway, have they ever released anything at all that would lead them or the FBI to say she's alive? It flies in the face of logic otherwise.

:( And of course, I'd love it, if they had one iota of true evidence to believe this officially.
No one would love it more then I would in both cases.

They need to speak out to the public. Eventually, it seems. Do they believe someone borrowed her to raise her in Mexico? IF so, then why not tell the public this. What can be the harm in alleviating their angst, concerns, etc about this little girl. Why won't they tell us something?
BBM Whenever there isn't enough evidence to suggest that the victim is dead, e.g., the amount of blood found isn't lethal, LE investigates as though the victim is still alive. I understand the significance of that since the idea that the victim is being held someplace alive means that LE is in a race against time. If the victim IS still alive, he/she is in danger of further harm, including death at the hands of the perp, or by dehydration/starvation. It's also important under these circumstances to keep the victim's picture and identifying info in the news in case the victim should be spotted by the public (think Shasta Groene, Sarah Maynard).

There have been cases in which LE has acknowledged they didn't believe the victim is/was still alive -- e.g., Ayla Reynolds, Michelle Le (who was later found dead). Sadly, it isn't likely Gabiee is still alive since her abductor is in jail, and LE is aware of this but must continue searching as though she is. And I do so hope she IS. The same is true of Isabel. I don't know what to think about Isabel, but apparently there's not sufficient evidence to suggest she's no longer alive, so LE must assume she is.

ETA: Sarah Maynard wasn't spotted by the public, but she was later found alive despite the remainder of her family being found murdered. LE held out hope she was still alive and continued searching for her. She was found tied up in the perp's home.

I'm not getting this story at all any longer. I thought the LE said offically, they believed that Isabel was still alive. Based on what?

This is sounding to me, like the current day Gabbiee Swainson story, they also are saying she's alive. Yet blood and hair on ducttape was found in the neighbor's home.

It all sounds fishy to me.

What does the LE know anyway, have they ever released anything at all that would lead them or the FBI to say she's alive? It flies in the face of logic otherwise.

:( And of course, I'd love it, if they had one iota of true evidence to believe this offically.
No one would love it more then I would in both cases.

They need to speak out to the public. Eventually, it seems. Do they believe someone borrowed her to raise her in Mexico? IF so, then why not tell the public this. What can be the harm in alleviating their angst, concerns, etc about this little girl. Why won't they tell us something?

It's a huge flaw in the USA investigative stragety, that annoys me greatly. LE seems so set on building a case, that it feels they forget about actually finding the kid. They keep EVERYTHING they know a secret. Public pressure goes a LONG way. If they would just say some names of suspicions, I think a lot more of these missing kids cases would get resolved.
I think of KH up in Canada, LE told the public they needed to talk to Randall Hopely because they think he may know who had KH. Instantly every person and their uncle was on a manhunt for the man. 4 days later, KH was brought home alive.
I wish LE would stop keeping everything secret to build their case, and let the public help some in finding the kid.

It's a huge flaw in the USA investigative stragety, that annoys me greatly. LE seems so set on building a case, that it feels they forget about actually finding the kid. They keep EVERYTHING they know a secret. Public pressure goes a LONG way. If they would just say some names of suspicions, I think a lot more of these missing kids cases would get resolved.
I think of KH up in Canada, LE told the public they needed to talk to Randall Hopely because they think he may know who had KH. Instantly every person and their uncle was on a manhunt for the man. 4 days later, KH was brought home alive.
I wish LE would stop keeping everything secret to build their case, and let the public help some in finding the kid.

Every case is different, and has to be handled differently. It's not fair to compare other cases to this one and say LE is doing it wrong, because they are not dealing with the same circumstances. It may have been obvious in that case who the perp was, where it may not be in this case. Plus that's another country, which makes a difference.

Years back when they were more free with naming suspects they got slapped with lawsuits all over the place for naming people who turned out to be innocent, so now they have to be very careful doing that until they've got positive proof.

I don't see why LE keeping what they know to themselves is preventing the public from searching for Isa. They have their methods of investigating which we may not understand or agree with, but the whole investigation is led and directed by the DA's office, whose main goal is a successful prosecution. LE is forced to keep that in mind in every case they investigate. They do have procedures they have to follow. It may not make sense to us, but we should respect it.

It's a huge flaw in the USA investigative stragety, that annoys me greatly. LE seems so set on building a case, that it feels they forget about actually finding the kid. They keep EVERYTHING they know a secret. Public pressure goes a LONG way.

So if the Tucson PD publicly states they don't know where Isa is but they believe she was killed inside her own home by (for instance) her father, is that going to help find her? And if yes, how exactly? How is knowing what the TPD believes, based on their investigation, going to locate Isa?

What is the suggested course of action here? Incite the public to create a scene outside the Celis home like what happened in the Caylee Anthony case, with an angry mob screaming and throwing things? Is that going to find Isa? (it didn't do a thing to find Caylee) Public stoning in the center square until someone finally confesses (circa 17th century)?

Im stuck in an airport. Supposedly JVM is going to cover Isa....can someone pretty please let me know what is said?

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Yep, JVM is covering the case now! I've already got tears in my eyes over the song done by a friend of the family. It's been so long - Where is Isa?

Yes, JVM is covering the case. So far they are discussing the 500+ page document release. Now she's replaying the neighbor girl's report. Still 2 full time detectives actively working the case.

Missing screen? Abduction? Next up the 911 call.

This man Octavio Corrales produced a video about Isabel and works with the family. He says he does not discuss what they think happened nor does he bring up the subject with them. They just keep thoughts and beliefs of her return.

The song goes on i---tunes on Monday.

Talking heads: can't rule out the dad. Nothing points to him but statistics show it's usually someone in the home.

I have been away from this case for a few weeks. Do we have a link to the documents that were released? TIA

ETA: Thanks cluciano63 for the info!

I'm watching JVM right now and, maybe I'm just jaded, but I don't get a warm, fuzzy feeling about the parents. Why would the mother redecorate Isabels bedroom at this point? I would save every single penny to put towards helping find my daughter. I also don't understand how you can have a daughter missing and not talk about the possible theories? I would think that every minute of the day, she would be running scenarios through her mind and questioning everybody about it. I also want to know where the proceeds are going from the new video? More purple balloons?

Apparently/allegedly there was blood found in Isa's bedroom (her own blood). I'm sorry, but by all accounts Isa is deceased and has been since that night. They aren't "getting her room ready," they are changing the room and redecorating it. That to me says they've moved on. There was no reason to redecorate Isa's room. Have it cleaned, yes. Maybe a new coat of paint if it was needed, but fundamentally change it? Hinky. I bet the bedroom is being changed into a "guest" room of some kind.

I'm not buying what they're selling. I don't have to give them the benefit of the doubt. I believe the culprit is within the nuclear family and I don't think Isa is hanging out somewhere sipping Shirley Temple drinks.

I'm not buying it either, Maddie -- As soon as I heard about the painting, my first thought was that they were painting to cover up what might be evidence -- or they thought there might be evidence on the walls of that room.

After the child is returned alive, I can see being so happy & excited that they would re-do her room how ever she wanted it -- possibly to rid the room of bad memories, but re-painting at this time, to me, smacks of a cover-up, even if the walls were checked thoroughly by LE. Nothing wrong with making sure no evidence was left behind. JMHO

I'm not buying it either, Maddie -- As soon as I heard about the painting, my first thought was that they were painting to cover up what might be evidence -- or they thought there might be evidence on the walls of that room.

After the child is returned alive, I can see being so happy & excited that they would re-do her room how ever she wanted it -- possibly to rid the room of bad memories, but re-painting at this time, to me, smacks of a cover-up, even if the walls were checked thoroughly by LE. Nothing wrong with making sure no evidence was left behind. JMHO

I hadn't thought of that, interesting theory as to why.

Hailey Dunn's mother did some redecorating soon after Hailey vanished as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong