Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Greater Than, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

I have faith that there are some decent people on the Tucson PD force who want Isabel's killer to go to prison.

Isabel's remains were recovered. This ends the possibility that she is alive somewhere in Mexico or California. Because it wasn't happenstance that her remains were found, the police clearly have either an eye witnesses to the dumping of Isabel's body, testimony from someone involved or a confidant, phone pings from the dumper, surveillance video near site where she was dumped, or gps data from the dumper's car. The police have surveillance videos of the front and back of the Celis' home from multiple sources. They also have evidence from Isabel's home and window screen. When the toxicology tests are completed on Isabel's bones and hair, I believe there will be one or more arrests.

2. Gunslinging Granny

When Noreen's son disappeared in 1982, there weren't national, reputable missing person organizations that she could have asked to help. In 2012 when Isabel disappeared, there were many national, reputable, search organizations for missing people and some were free.

3. azshadowwalker

azshadowwalker Active Member

I will have to look at the early threads for proof, but I believe there are links there indicating that both parents had been busted for DUI and endangering a child. That indicates to me that the kid(s) was in the car when they were driving under the influence. Definitely something CPS should check out, IMO. They were separate incidents, but the charges were simultaneous both times, if I am remembering correctly. I don't know if that's when/why CPS was involved, or if there were actual reports of abuse/neglect/endangerment in addition to that. That may be the reason for the "safety plan"--the parent(s) needed to address selfish, dangerous use of substances around their kids.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

4. diamond12

diamond12 Active Member

CPS can be called only for parents or also for relatives living in the same house?

5. azshadowwalker

People repeat this in every single abduction case when they want to blame the parents, and I think it's...questionable. You really think people are worried about the abductor being around at 8 am in broad daylight? I don't. And if you are trying to cover as much territory as possible as quickly as possible, you are going to use everyone available to look. If he had done all of that first on his own, then called 911, people would be demanding to know why he wasted so much time. It's like the old "why aren't they talking" vs "why are they giving so many interviews" damned-if-you-do thing that people flip between based upon whom they want to accuse.

On another note, TPD repeatedly stated that the body was in Pima County when the announcement was first made. I think the "in Tucson" tweet probably means the location was in the nearby areas that are commonly considered "Tucson", but are actually in the county. So, my guesses would be the Foothills, the far Eastside, the far Westside, or out around Catalina or Oro Valley.

Finally, as for reputable PIs, the likes of the Gosch family have had 30-odd years to get rid of the kooks and PIs. Noreen has only chosen to double down in that direction. As with the Celis family, I think it's a combination of grief, gullibility and religious-based superstition. Both families also deal with the official missing child organizations. Both families also deal with kooks with crazy ideas. Both also distrust LE (although I don't think the Celis family has ever accused any LEO of involvement in the abduction and trafficking of kids). I don't hold it against either family.

6. azshadowwalker

Thinking about it, the other suggestion for locations would be around the Pima County Fairgrounds, which are off I-10 southeast of the city. I am just not going to put much stock into the tweet, considering the limitations of Twitter. I lean more towards the statement made by the chief of police in the press conference. It might be near the city limits, but I don't believe it is within them.

7. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I appreciate your POV, but not every cop in Tuscon is dirty. It's the few bad apples syndrome ...

ITA with you, psychics & LE should never be partners in any capacity.

8. liz b.

liz b. Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree, a safety plan would have been developed by CPS. I will say, though, that I have never come across a safety plan that would have advocated for a 6 year old girl to share a bedroom with her 14 and 10 year old brothers. I read that she supposedly did this "for protection "..,. I am moved to ask : what on earth was going on ?

9. StrayKat

StrayKat Meowww

Thank you, is the profile available to read?

10. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

What profile are speaking of?

11. StrayKat

StrayKat Meowww

Thank you Knox, is any of the above expert analysis and the profile of the abductor available to read?

Sorry, I had not originally replied with the quote.

Thank you again

12. Gunslinging Granny

The only government documents released to the public for this crime were from the Tucson PD.

13. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I am not sure why she went into their room to sleep. But when my daughter was about 7 or so, she used to get up at night and go sleep on her big brother's big 'couch chair' because she 'was scared.' She watched a scary movie at a friends house one time, and from then on, for months, would go sleep on that couch chair. :eek:fftobed:

14. liz b.

liz b. Well-Known Member

Right. but Katydid, was CPS involved with your family ? Because they would not have approved of these sleeping arrangements.

15. mom2chloe

mom2chloe Well-Known Member

Maybe CPS was called by someone who learned that Isa was sharing a room with her brothers? Would the fact that an uncle was living in the house require the uncle to sleep in Isa's room and her to sleep elsewhere? Maybe Sergio even had a habit of sleeping in the den/ living room since the uncle had moved out or possibly even before due to suspicion?

16. Gunslinging Granny

17. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Many times during an investigation LE requests CPS to come in. It would not suprise me if that were the case here. There was something questionable in the home which required their attention.

18. Gunslinging Granny

The uncle was rooming in the Celis' 4th bedroom also called their den.

Sergio and Rebecca told news agencies and the police that the night Isabel disappeared was Sergio's first night to fall asleep on the couch (or something similar to that).

Imo, the reason CPS (on their 2nd investigation into the Celis' home) told Sergio to have no contact with his two sons after Isabel's disappearance was related to CPS's first investigation into the Celis' home.

19. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

20. rashomon

rashomon Well-Known Member

Did the surveillance camera's field of view also include the Celises' garage door?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.