GUILTY AZ - Ivan Escobedo, 4 months, killed by mom‘s dating partner left in charge, Tucson, 16 Dec 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Tucson Police Department

Media Release: Homicide
4400 Block of East grant road

The Tucson Police Department is currently investigating the death of an infant child.

On December 16, 2018, just after 5:00 p.m., Tucson Fire responded to an apartment complex in the 4400 block of East Grant Road for a report of an unresponsive child inside an apartment. Fire personnel immediately transported the child to Tucson Medical Center for treatment. Medical staff was able to regain vital signs, but the child was not able to breathe on his own. The child was then transported to Banner University Medical Center where he was given additional treatment for his injuries.

Officers from Operations Division Midtown and detectives from the Tucson Police Department’s Child Physical Abuse Unit responded to investigate. The initial investigation revealed that the child had significant head trauma that appeared to be non-accidental in nature. The child was left in the care and custody of the mother’s boyfriend, 19-year-old Nicholes Liggens, when the child was found unresponsive. On December 17, 2018, Mr. Liggens was arrested and booked into Pima County Jail for two counts of felony Child Abuse, one for the victim and another for an injury inflicted to the victim’s 3-year-old sibling, which was non-life-threatening.

On the morning of December 22, 2018, detectives were notified that the child, identified as 4-month old Ivan Escobedo, had succumbed to his injuries at the hospital where he had been since December 16. Next-of-kin has been notified. Mr. Liggens was also charged with one count of 1st Degree Murder for Ivan, two additional charges of felony Child Abuse for injuries to Ivan’s 3-year-old sibling, and one charge of felony Child Abuse for non-life-threatening injuries to Ivan’s 2-year-old sibling.

The investigation is ongoing. Detectives are asking anyone with information to please call 911 or 88-CRIME. You can remain anonymous. Additional details will be released as they become available. Mr. Liggens’ booking photo is attached below.

upload_2018-12-28_7-43-39.jpeg

Tucson man charged with murder for death of baby

Per your original post cybervampira I noticed the spelling of his name is different.
19-year-old Nicholes Liggens,

and when I read the article - it has:
19-year-old Nicholas Liggens

I did look under both spellings, but nothing.
He has some old records where he is listed as Nichole Liggens, for example:

Court 7/19/2016
Defendant LIGGENS, NICHOLE
Case Search

Bumping this up - he is still not in Pima County. I have 2 links to that:

Case Search

which shows 3 cold cases
and:
Pima County Superior Court - Agave Online (Public Record Search)

showing nothing on him.

74x46px-LL-59c83b81_question-marks.gif

Bumping this up - he is still not in Pima County. I have 2 links to that:

Case Search

which shows 3 cold cases
and:
Pima County Superior Court - Agave Online (Public Record Search)

showing nothing on him.

74x46px-LL-59c83b81_question-marks.gif
He‘s listed here but no court dates:

Pima County Sheriff Department

Liggens
Name:
LIGGENS, NICHOLES
Booking: 181217019
Total Bond: $1,050,000.00
Reference Court Bond Type Bond Amount
1 CR20185718001 SUPERIOR COURT $
2 CR20185718001 SUPERIOR COURT $
3 CR20185718001 SUPERIOR COURT $
4 CR20185718001 SUPERIOR COURT $
5 CR20185718001 SUPERIOR COURT Cash or Secured $1,050,000.00
6 CR20185718001 SUPERIOR COURT $
7 CR20185718001 SUPERIOR COURT $

Also searched here:
Public Access Case Lookup

Nothing.

It seems to happen so often now. It's a continuous danger for so many little ones now.

They are either being subjected to horrific abuses on a daily basis or they are being murdered.

Even though thus far the mom has no involvement in the murder of her little infant in so many cases now we see they are also involved too.

It really isnt about leaving a child with just ANY 19 year old male. Most males no matter their age would ever do such a thing. Many at that age have help raise their own siblings.

Often it is because of WHICH male the mom chose to be a live in. Many moms know the live in may already have anger issues and is unsuitable to take care of any child.

They may even know the live in has a past criminal history with some being violent ex felons. Why so many do not seem to care enough to choose someone who has a good reputation as a kind and decent man I have never understood since there are many out there who do help raise children and do it exceedingly well.

More single dads than ever before are being granted full custody of their children now. Yet it seems we read about much more grave harm being done to children when they are being raised by a single mom and/or when they move a man into the home.

I have always wondered why that seems to be the case most often? Is it because the moms of abused and murdered children chooses a man (any man) and feels they are what is most important in their life rather than her children always being a top priority like it always should be?

I wonder these things because in so many cases like this involving single moms and live in partners many already were aware the live in were unsuitable to be around their children but they moved them in anyway or moved in with someone they knew may be abusive. I guess I will never understand it.

Many young men have married or have become a live in lifetime partner with women who have children and treated the children with tender loving care raising them as they would their own. So choosing the right man is certainly an available choice option as it is for making wrong choices for it's happened countless times for other moms who had been single at the time.

But imo it all comes down to choosing the right partner in the first place for both the mom and children.

Its those poor choices that were made in the very beginning that sadly can result in many tragic cases just like this one.

Imo

Yes, oceanblueeyes - it seems there a LOT more mom's bf killing their little kids. Maybe it's just more "out there".... I made a list of how many I was following back a month or so. It's "somewhere" on the Sidebar thread! :)

And thanks for the update cybervampira!

just bumping up for @cybervampira = it's been almost a month - thought I'd ask! :) Still not finding him in the 2 places I look. And of course, I can't access the site you posted above....
TIA!
32x32px-LL-696f52e3_desismileys_3367.gif

Just checked - searching by court case # and it says files can be obtained at the clerk of Superior Court.... nothing online. He is still in jail.

Bumping up this case - for little Ivan.

Anyone get into Pima County??

@Ksprincess2 - was wondering if you could help me on this case.

Info:
Name: LIGGENS, NICHOLES
Booking: 181217019
Total Bond: $1,050,000.00
Reference Court Bond Type Bond Amount
1 CR20185718001 SUPERIOR COURT $

TIA!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online