Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

I don't believe they were at the campground based on the news articles, it says off highway 67 and forest service road 241 at an unimproved site. I linked the map to hit where 241 & 67 meet. Hopefully that helps.

According to Gerry Blair with the Coconino County Sheriff's Office, Jerold Joseph Williams and his mother were camping with 15 to 20 friends and relatives at an unimproved campsite in the area of Highway 67 off of Forest Service Road 241. The area lies within the northern portion of the Kaibab National Forest.

Read more: http://www.kpho.com/story/29733814/boy-5-missing-from-coconino-county-campsite#ixzz3i9IOKXde

Here is a map showing Jacobs Lake and FSR 241. Don't know where they were along that road. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Jac...4ea9d8a39bb592!2m2!1d-112.170714!2d36.5461684

I don't believe they were at the campground based on the news articles, it says off highway 67 and forest service road 241 at an unimproved site. I linked the map to hit where 241 & 67 meet. Hopefully that helps.

Thanks iamnotagolem. I just posted a similar link.

He's already been out all night long, my own 5 year old would be terrified and screaming, I hate the thought of it. I hope he's found ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh this hurts my heart. Praying they find him quickly.

This article includes his clothing sizes, he is just a wee little lad. :( I hope he's found soon. My kiddos would be terrified. 5 years old, this kiddo could have gotten quite a ways, especially if he could hear people but their voices were echoing off of canyons or trees and he could have headed away from them instead of towards them.

Jerold Joseph Williams is described as a white male, 5 years of age, approximately 3’6” in height, and weighing approximately 35 pounds. He has brown eyes and brown hair cut very short. Jerold’s mother described him as having a thin build and a light complexion. Jerold had visible facial abrasions and was last seen wearing a gray or tan shirt size (4) and a pair of blue jean pants size (4) and hiking boots size (12) and white long handled underwear.
http://www.northernarizonagazette.com/2015/08/07/five-year-old-boy-missing-jacobs-lake/

It's pretty wet here now, I'm south of the area and it's getting more than us.
I have camped in this area and there is some water holes for the wild life, some natural ones other's are water tanks. Most of the higher water tanks are not accessible to a little one. Depending exactly were they are there is no large bodies of water or cliffs. Though some natural water holes are deep enough my older kids are able to swim in them.

The area doesn't look like it is very heavily forested, even up where there are trees. I wish we had a more exact location or some ground views from the media.

I wouldn't think they would be camping where the map is showing above. I believe they would go more north up in the pine trees, that is the common area for camping.

The area doesn't look like it is very heavily forested. I wish we had a more exact location or some ground views from the media.

It's 12 miles south of Jacob lake which is where the Kaibab Plateau Visitor's Center is. I've been in the general area. Beautiful and forested but you're right - it's not dense.

I;m trying to zone in for a screen shot on google maps.

I feel like they can find this kid. I don't think he was running around screaming. I think he was wet and cold and holed up somewhere over night.

I have a good feeling he can be found today. I hope they are continuing with intensive search efforts. Anyone know?

I have pictures of the area but I don't know how to post pictures :( gives me an error each time.
( from my trip there last year )

I wouldn't think they would be camping where the map is showing above. I believe they would go more north up in the pine trees, that is the common area for camping.

Right. because the area directly off Highway 67 near FSR 241, 12 miles south or so of Jacob Lake, is totally sparse and unnattracive. I;m trying hard to find any kind of campsite around there on google maps. Once you go closer to the forested (and pretty) areas, it's farther from highway 67 and the FSR 241 junction though.

Here's a screen shot I took of the junction area:
fsr241.jpg

I wish I could see them. Uncheck the box marked "retrieve remote file and reference locally". That might help.

What I;m seeing from this website is that the possible campground is really on the edge between the sparse and forested areas: http://freecampsites.net/#!(36.553186896901046, -112.10202019661665)

Thanks for that Gitana! The coordinates for that free campsite are: 36.556214, -112.145452 It looks like it is about 2 miles from the point where 67 meets FSR 241.

20130921_182719.jpg

Got it to work .

Thank You,

This was last September

Thanks for that Gitana! The coordinates for that free campsite are: 36.556214, -112.145452 It looks like it is about 2 miles from the point where 67 meets FSR 241.

Yes. That's the area I was looking at. One side (south on the screen) sparsely forested and the other side looks like dead trees and very lightly forested.

I see no evidence of any camping area though - not turn out or small road or clearing. Odd. And there are so many more beautiful places to camp close by!

I wonder if they're hunters. There are a ton of deer, just a ton in that area, from what I recall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back