Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #7 *J. Hunter guilty*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by Tricia, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Abcdefgh

Abcdefgh Active Member

You are probably right in implying that I should have researched more before my first post. I seem to have been totally wrong about why she went to jail the first time, and although that needs to be researched more it does point strongly against her so far.

Regarding the search for the body, 30 years ago landfills were rough places to search for anything. Today a lot of records are kept in detail and it should have been possible to find the body if it were there. The more I have seen of that aspect of the case the weaker it looks, and at the very least I wish that searchers had continued until they could say either the body was there or it was not.

As for the bigger issue, no mother kills a child unless there is some extraordinary stress, and a person could also say that any person could be subject to stress that would cause them to do something even as far as that woman is accused of. If she is guilty I don't see what real benefit is arrived at by demonizing her rather than analyzing her situation. Another person in her situation is not going to be prevented from committing a similar crime, any more than she was prevented by her direct knowledge of the legal system. That's for a different forum obviously...

Just starting to research a little, I'll copy one paragraph I read from a photobucket link on the first page and not post any more on this thread unless there is good reason

"Johnson said she worries about the childrens' welfare under foster care, saying the youngest has had bad foot infections that went untreated and had somehow suffered a broken arm. She said the younger two had been in four different foster homes and that the oldest child had attempted suicide twice." I don't know if that is true or not but ... http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/crankycrankerson/media/bWVkaWFJZDo1MDU5MDE0Mw==/?ref=1

2. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Lest we all forget ... [video=youtube;pz1tfisC99k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XmoRgOmh6g[/url] -and- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz1...ily members who loved and fought for Jhessye.

Jim_M likes this.
  3. leighmarker

leighmarker Pacific Northwest

4. SouthernCutie

SouthernCutie Active Member

I would think not. I thought they only took cases where DNA could prove innocent? She'll never win an appeal or be released IMO I just read these old threads. She's a level of evil I don't think I've seen before
    #RIPJhessye

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jim_M likes this.
  5. leighmarker

leighmarker Pacific Northwest

It looks like to me they have gotten permission to review the case. . OR I am reading the link wrong?

6. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

7. AmandaReckonwith

AmandaReckonwith Defective Detective

As it should be. Die in prison, Jerice. Too bad they cannot beat and starve you in a dirty closet, then throw you in the trash.

Also, I updated the Case Archive, Justice for Jhessye!

Bravo, iamnotagolem, Jim_M and 5 others like this.
  8. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Bravo, Jim_M, Indy Anna and 4 others like this.
  9. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

BAM!!! Sorry jerice, better get comfortable in your forever home!!!

10. EllaMae

EllaMae Well-Known Member

katydid23, Bravo, Beagle and 4 others like this.
  11. Beagle

Beagle Well-Known Member

It has been a long, long time since I have visited this thread and I have just been listening to a podcast about this case.

I don't know if anyone has brought this up at any point but just thinking outside the box, is it possible JS wasn't in the suitcase at the time of disposal?

Was it possible that the mother had removed her by other means?

Does anyone think that she would be smart enough to have thought that through?

Just some random thoughts.