AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Court documents reveal domestic disputes before Kiera Bergman's death

In another instance, an apartment maintenance man saw Bergman and Clark fighting in the complex parking lot. Bergman was trying to leave in her car, and Clark was not letting her and snatched the keys from her hand, the court documents show.

Bergman owned the vehicle they shared and paid the apartment rent. Clark was unemployed.

Bergman and Clark did not have cellphone service for their iPhones and all their communication took place through internet connections. They both connected to a Wi-Fi router in Bergman’s apartment.

On July 19, Clark texted an unidentified person and said he was going to “beat Kiera's *advertiser censored*,” and he needed to go somewhere before he did something he would regret. Detectives found the text message during a search of Clark's cellphone, the documents state.

On the same day, detectives found a farewell letter written in Clark’s phone notes addressed to several family members.

Clark wrote: “So to all of Kiera’s family that still wants to look at me negatively, you better have this same energy when Kiera comes home because we will spend the rest of our lives together and I will never forget the way you’re treating me.”

On Aug. 3, the day before Bergman disappeared, Bergman and Clark were seen arguing outside her apartment. The argument started because Bergman did not want Clark back in her apartment, court documents show.

Bergman had her keys on a lanyard in her hand, and refused to give them to Clark, the documents state. The argument's outcome was unknown, but later events suggested Bergman allowed Clark back into the apartment.

On Aug. 4, police spoke with a witness about his relationship with Clark and Bergman, the witness had told police the pair had a history of domestic disputes that led to Clark staying at an unnamed apartment.

The witness said he would ask Clark during these disputes whether he had hit Bergman, and Clark told him no. When asked whether he believed Clark, the witness said he did not necessarily believe him every time, court documents show.

After reading all 15 pages, first I want to say thank you to the Phoenix Police Department. They seem to have all the evidence they need for a slam dunk.

Next I want to say, JC is one dumb criminal. He really made it easy for them.

I also wonder who the unknown male is and what is his involvement.

This was on August 4th, the day Kiera went missing:
"Jon and an unknown male were observed at approximately 1500 hours loading Jon's possessions into a Nissan Altima parked in front of Kiera's apartment. The unknown male then drove away in the Altima and Jon proceeded to load numerous white garbage bags of unknown items into Kiera's car from the apartment. Jon was also observed disposing of two white garbage bags full of unknown items into the dumpster directly across from Kiera's apartment."

Would that work without phone service?

Actually I want to say definitely yes- I turn my cellular data off to connect only over WiFi when I am home and I have used Find my iPhone to find my phone before. That was a couple of years ago and on an iPhone 6 so I don't know across all devices and across all time.

Just like we thought:

Jon Clark used Kiera Bergman's cell phone to hide her death, Phoenix PD says

PHOENIX (AP) - Authorities say a Phoenix man accused of killing his 19-year-old ex-girlfriend used cellphones to try to make it seem like she was still alive.

A Maricopa County Superior Court judge on Tuesday ordered 23-year-old Jon Christopher Clark, who faces first-degree murder and other charges, released on $1 million bond.

According to a probable cause statement, Clark texted himself and others from Kiera Bergman's phone after she was last seen Aug. 4.

Police say when reporting Bergman's disappearance, Clark showed several inconsistencies including mentioning details from a text that her roommate hadn't shared.

Bergman's partially nude body was found Sept. 3 in Buckeye near State Route 85. The cause of death has not been determined.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 21.

A defense attorney has not yet been appointed.

Jon Clark used Kiera Bergman's cell phone to hide her death, Phoenix PD says

I had a feeling that this dummy would give himself away. He wanted to talk too much. When you do that much talking you cannot remember what you said and who you said it to. What you were told and what you were not told. He really gave himself away by telling LE about texts that he was never informed of...
Thank goodness this all came together and Kiera was found. I have not seen anything about going after a death penalty yet. I hope they don't let him plea to something to get out of it.

Kiera's mom was saying she cannot wait to see him die... so they might be against a plea deal.

If they knew JC was violent towards Kiera, then the roommate was probably scared to say anything publicly. I feel like a real jerk for giving her the side eye. :(
Me too. It makes sense now. Maybe she didn't talk to the mother because LE didn't want them to have too much information either? And mayb she was afraid of JC. I

Now this article
Kiera Bergman update: Ex-boyfriend charged with murder in her death

says
A judge set Clark's bond at $1 million. His next scheduled court date is September 18.

But the article posted in #717 says:

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 21.

A defense attorney has not yet been appointed.” (BBM)
Police: Kiera Bergman's ex-boyfriend used cellphones to hide her death

So - since I can't find the "murder" case in the court site - can someone look & see what the actual date is?

TIA! :)

I haven’t been able to find the murder case on the court site, either, but the MCSO Inmate Information Page shows the date of Sep. 18:
Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

According to the updated information on the court website, Clark is scheduled to make an appearance on Sep. 18th, as well as the 21st:

“9/18/2018: 8:30: Status Conference
9/21/2018: 8:45: Preliminary Hearing”

I cannot tell for sure until the case information is further updated or confirmed by LE and/or the county attorney, but disturbingly, it appears he now faces at least two more charges in addition to the three he has already been charged with in Kiera’s murder.

Listed under “Disposition Information” on the page linked below are charges of:

“ARSCode: 13-2809A1 (F6)
Description: TAMP W/PHY EVID-DESTROY/ALTER
Crime Date: 8/4/2018

ARSCode: 13-1104A1 (F1)
Description: MURDER 2ND DEG-INTENTIONAL
Crime Date: 8/4/2018”
Criminal Court Case Information - Case History

According to the Arizona Revised Statutes:

“13-1104. Second degree murder; classification

A. A person commits second degree murder if without premeditation:

1. The person intentionally causes the death of another person, including an unborn child or, as a result of intentionally causing the death of another person, causes the death of an unborn child” (BBM)

13-1104 - Second degree murder; classification

Just when I thought this couldn’t get any worse ....

Based on the above, (and my sincere apologies in advance, if I am wrong here), my assumption is that Kiera’s autopsy showed she was indeed pregnant.

What a worthless P_S. He makes me want to throw up.

Attachments

• 0BB64AC7-7A08-4755-8256-257107EF6329.jpeg
    0BB64AC7-7A08-4755-8256-257107EF6329.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 18
I know there was mention Kiera thought she might have been pregnant. However, I think we should be cautious in assuming until her autopsy results are announced. The possibility has to be incredibly hard for her parents and loved ones. My hope is that JC agrees to some sort of plea deal quickly.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The case numbers on the MCSO site show the MURDER 1ST DEG-PREMEDITATED charge and the other two. The same case number on the Superior Court site doesn't show the MURDER 1ST DEG-PREMEDITATED +2 others and just shows MURDER 2ND DEG-INTENTIONAL +1 other charge. It looks to me like these are the same charges and not additional charges. It appears that the DA? dropped and/or reduced the recommended charges.

Attachments

• Charges MCSO.JPG
    Charges MCSO.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Charges Sup. Court.JPG
    Charges Sup. Court.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 20
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The case numbers on the MCSO site show the MURDER 1ST DEG-PREMEDITATED charge and the other two. The same case number on the Superior Court site doesn't show the MURDER 1ST DEG-PREMEDITATED +2 others and just shows MURDER 2ND DEG-INTENTIONAL +1 other charge. It looks to me like these are the same charges and not additional charges. It appears that the DA? dropped and/or reduced the recommended charges.

Now that you pointed that out (good catch!), I believe it’s quite likely that the improper removal of a body charge has been dropped and the first-degree murder charge has been downgraded to second-degree.

I noticed that the jail information page shows the assigned case for the murder case (as opposed to the ID theft/forgery case) as being “PF2018144722001,” while according to the court website, it’s “CR2018144722001.” Apparently, “pf” stands for “pre-file.”

The reason I thought Kiera might have been pregnant was because of the “including an unborn child or, as a result of intentionally causing the death of another person, causes the death of an unborn child” part of the one of the statutes Clark is alleged to have violated.

However, the statute also says, “The person intentionally causes the death of another person.” I assumed that there was an unborn child involved since as far as we knew, Clark had already been charged with first-degree murder, improper removal of a body and evidence tampering in Kiera’s death.

But I think you are right in thinking that the “pre-file” charges have been dropped and/or reduced.

If a person was very early in a pregnancy, would you be able to tell in the autopsy? I know your blood and urine will test positive 2 weeks after conception, but would there be evidence of pregnancy hormones after a month of decomposition? I'm honestly not sure how it works. I know after a certain point you'd see the actual baby, I am thinking more the first month or two.

If a person was very early in a pregnancy, would you be able to tell in the autopsy? I know your blood and urine will test positive 2 weeks after conception, but would there be evidence of pregnancy hormones after a month of decomposition? I'm honestly not sure how it works. I know after a certain point you'd see the actual baby, I am thinking more the first month or two.

I’m definitely not a doctor, but I think they may be able to tell by the condition of the reproductive organs, even in the earliest stages of pregnancy. But then there is the decomp to consider. MOO

Information regarding an additional search warrant has been added to the court website:

“Filing Date: 9/14/2018
Description: RSW - Returned Search Warrant Order
Docket Date: 9/14/2018

Filing Date: 9/14/2018
Description: SWR - Search Warrant Return
Docket Date: 9/14/2018”

I also noticed there are now three parties listed under “Party Information”; previously, the only ones listed were the State of Arizona and Clark. The updated information on the page shows an additional party, “B 2735 W Sweetwater Ave 110.”
Criminal Court Case Information - Case History

According to Google, there is a Knights in located at this address.
Hotels in Phoenix, AZ | Knights Inn - W. Sweetwater Ave Phoenix, AZ

Incidentally, the probable cause statement for Clark’s arrest in the murder case mentions him moving into a hotel in Phoenix after he moved out of Kiera and her roommate’s apartment on Aug. 10:

Attachments

• EE765372-D581-4414-95E8-E099AA908450.jpeg
    EE765372-D581-4414-95E8-E099AA908450.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics