PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

GUILTY AZ - Leah Costa, 15, Buckeye, 24 December 2014

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by los2188, Dec 28, 2014.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Leah Costa
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Buckeye girl went missing on Christmas eve
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...-girl-went-missing-on-christmas-eve/20967201/

2. TweekTweak

TweekTweak Member

The distance between Leah's home and the truck stop where she was last seen is about 17-18 miles, depending on the route. According to Google Maps, it would be a 6 hour walk (if you didn't stop) or a 20 minute drive. I was wondering if she was actually last seen on Christmas Day rather than Christmas Eve, if they walked the entire way, but I doubt that was the case.

Maybe hitchhiking gone wrong? Truck stops aren't very safe for young women, and perhaps getting a ride from someone was how they got to the truck stop in the first place. When the boyfriend couldn't find her or her ride, perhaps he started walking again and continued to walk for a couple days. That would explain why he couldn't really describe what happened - maybe he doesn't know, either. I'm giving the kid the benefit of the doubt here, though...

I'm very concerned for this girl.

3. PlainJaneDoe

PlainJaneDoe Verified expert in neuroscience

Yeah, the description of the boyfriend (the state in which he was found) sounds scary!

4. TweekTweak

TweekTweak Member

Not sure what the weather is actually like in AZ right now, but I know that it tends to stay pretty warm over there. So the dehydration and exhaustion doesn't surprise me, especially if he had been walking for a long time. The torn clothing is what really worries me because it signals that he may have been in a struggle with someone.

5. Wolf Dreamer

Wolf Dreamer Active Member

6. Wolf Dreamer

Wolf Dreamer Active Member

7. SDHELPS

SDHELPS Active Member

The weather in Buckeye has been very cool for AZ standards for the past 5 days. Highs in the upper 50's and lows dipping into the upper 30's. The dehydration could easily be a result of not being prepared and not taking fluids for a couple of days. I agree the torn clothing and state of mind are worrisome. The I-10 is not a place you would want to be walking along period. I hope they find Leah today!

8. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

This one says they were also at Milepost 71. Is that nearer or further than Milepost 78?

http://www.kpho.com/story/27717755/boyfriend-of-missing-buckeye-teen-found-disoriented-along-i-10

9. KateB

KateB New Member

10. TweekTweak

TweekTweak Member

Burnt Wells Rest Area is even further from Buckeye than the other rest area (TA Tonopah). I wonder if they got as far as Burnt Wells, then decided to go back home, stopped at TA Tonopah to rest, something happened, and the boyfriend continued his journey home without her until the police found him.

I'm not sure if I should suspect the kid, but something is weird here, and Leah still hasn't been found after several days.

11. Sweetgrits

Sweetgrits New Member

12. GigTu

GigTu ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ

Biting my tongue.....

13. alreetlike

alreetlike Wait and hope.

The circumstances here seem a bit bizarre. Hopefully she's safe and just hasn't been spotted yet, but it's worrying given the condition the boyfriend was found in.

14. Wynnella

Wynnella New Member

I think that the circumstances are VERY bizarre. Almost like a movie script. Made up by a teenager?

15. Seajay

Seajay Never pass up an opportunity to pee

There is a lot of vacant land out there if they wandered from the highway. I make that rip 2-3times a year and there is nothing for miles between Tonopah and Quartzite. Lots of trucks though and depending on the rest areas and if they are open, there could be dangerous situations out there. I am worried about this girl.

16. J1981

J1981 Member

What's also scary is I feel that Leah got less attention as a supposed runaway. Now it doesn't feel like a runaway case. But it still hasn't garnered attention.

17. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder Active Member

18. Public_Hysteria

Public_Hysteria Rest in peace, Adrienne

Damn. I'll bet that's her. With the limited information we have, I think Leah was abducted from a rest stop. Her boyfriend may have been somewhere else when it happened (maybe in the bathroom) which is why he doesn't know what happened. Although, if there was a struggle and he was knocked unconscious, he probably wouldn't know what happened anyway, and that would explain the ripped shirt. Hopefully more comes to him the better he gets.

19. MagnoliaMountain

MagnoliaMountain Red Rose

Hoping Leah is still alive somewhere out there...So bizarre.

20. TweekTweak

TweekTweak Member

The body was found right between the two places that Leah was supposedly last seen. It sounds like they found her :(