AZ - Lori Vallow Daybell charged w/ conspiring to kill ex-husband Charles Vallow and another relative, Brandon Boudreaux, Chandler, Maricopa County,

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Tuesday, June 29, 2021 (Phoenix, AZ) – On June 24, 2021, a Maricopa County Grand Jury charged Lori N. Vallow with one count of Conspiracy to Commit First Degree Murder, a CLASS 1 FELONY Dangerous, in the death of Charles Vallow.

Grand Jury Indictment

Case Information
Case Type: Criminal Location: Downtown

Party Information
Party Name - Number Relationship Sex Attorney Judge Case #
State Of Arizona - (1)
Plaintiff N/A COUNTY ATTORNEY CRIMINAL -CCC,

Lori N Vallow - (2)
Defendant F To Be Determined Master Calendar CR2022-001242-001

Disposition Information
Party Name ARSCode Description Crime Date Disposition Code Disposition Date
Lori N Vallow 13-1105A1 (F1) MURDER 1ST DEG-PREMEDITATED 10/2/2019

Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
5/17/2023 023 - ME: Order Entered By Court - Party (001) 5/19/2023

5/17/2023 SDO - Order to Seal Documents - Party (001) 5/19/2023
NOTE: ORDER FILING STATE'S MOTION FOR PERMISSION TO UNSEAL INDICTMENT

5/17/2023 ORD - Order - Party (001) 5/22/2023
NOTE: ALLOWING THE STATE TO UNSEAL AND DISCLOSE THE GRAND JURY INDICTMENT IN THE ABOVE ENTITLED MATTER IN FURTHERANCE OF THE INTEREST OF JUSTICE

3/18/2022 GJT – Grand Jury Transcript - Party (001) 5/19/2023

2/24/2022 CID - Court Information Sheet - Party (001) 5/19/2023

2/24/2022 IND - Indictment - Party (001) 5/19/2023

2/24/2022 604 - ME: GJ True Bill/Warrant Issue - Party (001) 5/19/2023

link: Criminal Court Case Information - Case History

The indictment says "murder 1st degree", so it can't be for Brandon? He wasn't murdered? Must be for CV?

But the court site has 10/2/19 as the date - and that is the date of Brandon's attempted murder - as @SteveS pointed out to me in the other thread.

edited to add - that date is in the Disposition info.

Can someone explain the significance of the Grand Jury Indictment adding that “the state further alleges in this count is a dangerous felony”? I know it was because a gun was used. What I’m asking about is whether this makes the sentencing more severe upon conviction. My understanding of the sentence for conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder in AZ is that the sentence would be a life sentence with the possibility of parole after 25 years. I’m wondering whether designating it as a dangerous felony might change that regarding the possibility of parole???

But the court site has 10/2/19 as the date - and that is the date of Brandon's attempted murder - as @SteveS pointed out to me in the other thread.

edited to add - that date is in the Disposition info.
There are 2 different Grand Jury Indictments for LVD in Arizona.

6/24/21 Conspiracy to Commit Murder First Degree, A Class 1 Felony dangerous (this is for CV’s murder in Chandler, AZ)

2/24/22 Conspiracy to Commit Murder First Degree, A Class 1 Felony dangerous (this is for BB’s attempted murder in Gilbert,AZ)

Note: the charge is the same for both because she did not conspire to commit attempted murder - the attempt failed in the case of BB but the charge is still conspiracy to commit murder because that is what they intended to do

Last edited:
So, are we talking two trials in AZ or just one? What does Lum mean when he says CV's case is not in county's case history?
Maricopa County has a website and you can search by name. On that website only the case regarding BB is showing up. I can’t explain that but that’s what Lum was referring to in his tweet. I suspect there will be only one trial for LVD in AZ with both charges combined in the same way Idaho had one trial for the charges related to the various victims.

There are 2 different Grand Jury Indictments for LVD in Arizona.

6/24/21 Conspiracy to Commit Murder First Degree, A Class 1 Felony dangerous (this is for CV’s murder in Chandler, AZ)

2/24/22 Conspiracy to Commit Murder First Degree, A Class 1 Felony dangerous (this is for BB’s attempted murder in Gilbert,AZ)

Note: the charge is the same for both because she did not conspire to commit attempted murder - the attempt failed in the case of BB but the charge is still conspiracy to commit murder because that is what they intended to do

To try to clear up the confusion, here's a summary with links for future reference.

As you note, there are two separate indictments, and both are for CONSPIRACY to commit murder. You have provided the links to those documents, thanks. To add to that:

1 Conspiracy CV doc This one re CV was dated 6/24/21, and was actually released and reported back on 6/29/21.
6/9/21 report of Lori Vallow indicted for conspiracy to murder CV

2 Conspiracy BB doc The one re BB was dated 2/24/22, and was actually released and reported recently on 5/17/23.
5/17/23 report of Lori Vallow indicted for conspiracy to murder BB

HOWEVER -- on the page Niner has shared, which is the official court site in Maricopa County, AZ, what it shows is confusing/conflicting:
a. It only shows 1 case against Lori Vallow.
b. That case is listed as "MURDER 1st DEG-PREMEDITATED" (not conspiracy to commit murder, but actual murder).
c. "Murder" and "attempted murder" are different crimes with different penalties.
d. A "conspiracy to" commit a crime is a different crime with a different penalty than actually doing the crime. The conspiracy (ie, the plotting and intent) may also lead to the crime being committed, of course, but it might not.
e. The AZ statute referenced for this case is 13-1105A1, which is indeed for 1st degree murder (not for conspiracy). But we have never heard of LV being indicted in AZ for an actual murder.
f. The "crime date" given is 10/2/19, and on that date there was not a murder committed by LV, only an ATTEMPTED murder of BB.

Personally, I would like to believe that there is an actual charge for MURDER awaiting LV, and that this is an accidental slip revealing that to be the case, but the mixed info on the case site makes it all unreliable. We'll see what happens, but I would guess it may be a few months (at the hearing after her extradition to AZ, or shortly before that) before we get clarity.

IF YOU'RE WONDERING HOW TO GET BACK TO THE LAST THREAD ON THE TRIAL IN ID - Click Here to go to its last page

Last edited:
For me, change is always difficult, but I'll get used to the separation of AZ and ID threads. I'm beginning to like it already, since it opens the possibility that new details will bubble to the surface that were concealed in the muck before.

Before, the CV and BB cases seemed kind of ancillary to the ID cases. Now, they're in full focus under the microscope.

And, just think, we get to have a whole new cast of characters in the courtroom. I mean, defense lawyers, prosecutors, detectives, and all their dynamic... So refreshing.

Speaking of which....do we know who the prosecutor is?

If Arias trial was a circus, this one will be off the charts...

Since this tbread is dedicated to the murder of Charles Vallow, I thought it might be helpful to pull out some info from various timelines that apply. I’m trying not to include everything but since it is all so intertwined it is difficult to put only what applies to CV. I’ll try to come back and add more info from time to time as I see more info from everyone else’s posts or new info comes to light. And please feel free to correct me on anything I may have wrong. But here’s what I have so far…

1991 CV marries 2nd wife Cheryl - they are married 12 years & have 2 sons - Cole & Zach

1991 or 1992 LVD marries Nelson Yanes
1992 LVD & NY divorce & LVD leaves CA

Oct 1995 LVD marries William Lagolia in TX
4/8/1996 Colby is born (later Colby Ryan)
Dec 1996 LVD files for divorce from WL

2001 LVD & Jospeh Ryan are married
9/24/2002 Tylee Ryan is born
2004 LVD is on Wheel of Fortune & in Mrs TX pageant
8/13/2004 JR files for divorce from LVD
May 2005 JR & LVD divorce is final

2/24/2006 CV & LVD marry in Vegas - CV converts from Catholicism to LDS

2006 JR files for custody modification

2007 CV’s ex-wife (Cheryl) said she had concerns over LVD’s mental stability & court ordered cameras in the home to protect the children

8/5/2007 AC attacks JR with stun gun after a custody visit - AC had been doing stand up comedy in Phoenix but told a friend he had to go to TX to take care of some family business - Adam Cox later says AC was supposed to stun him, throw him in the truck, take him to the woods & kill & bury him but it didn’t work & JR called LE & AC was arrested - AC’s ex later says when AC got out of jail he told her he wanted to bait JR into a fight & kill him & claim self defense

July 2009 JR filled custody suit against LVD in TX that is carried over to AZ courts

2009 LVD is found guilty of 7 civil contempt charges regarding custody of Tylee - she is ordered to have psych eval after telling social workers that death would be preferred to giving Tylee to JR even for a visit. LVD cancels the appt saying her sister had complications having a baby & she is going out of town to be with her - appt is rescheduled after it is brought up in court that she is a flight risk & she shows up for the 8/1 appt - she says JR called her a lying crazy Mormon & turned the courts against her

5/25/2012 JJ is born in Louisiana
2013 CV & LVD begin process to adopt JJ

Late 2014/Early 2015 CV & LVD & Tylee & JJ move to Hawaii & start a juice bar which fails & they later return to AZ

10/18/2016 JR posts he is moving back to Austin - unsure if he actually did

Late 2016/Early 2017 CV & LVD & Tylee & JJ move back to AZ
2/8/2017 Tylee is enrolled in HS in Gilbert
3/17/2017 Tylee is enrolled in HS in Chandler

Dec 2017/Early 2018 CV gets Bailey for JJ

Jan 2018 CR gets married in CV’s back yard

4/3/2018 JR is found dead in his Phoenix, AZ home - note his DL was issued iin Sept 2017 so he had been living there at least 6 months.

….I have more but have to stop for now…I’ll try to enter more info up to CV’s murder over the weekend. Hope you all find this helpful.

Since this tbread is dedicated to the murder of Charles Vallow, I thought it might be helpful to pull out some info from various timelines that apply. I’m trying not to include everything but since it is all so intertwined it is difficult to put only what applies to CV. I’ll try to come back and add more info from time to time as I see more info from everyone else’s posts or new info comes to light. And please feel free to correct me on anything I may have wrong. But here’s what I have so far…

1991 CV marries 2nd wife Cheryl - they are married 12 years & have 2 sons - Cole & Zach

1991 or 1992 LVD marries Nelson Yanes
1992 LVD & NY divorce & LVD leaves CA

Oct 1995 LVD marries William Lagolia in TX
4/8/1996 Colby is born (later Colby Ryan)
Dec 1996 LVD files for divorce from WL

2001 LVD & Jospeh Ryan are married
9/24/2002 Tylee Ryan is born
2004 LVD is on Wheel of Fortune & in Mrs TX pageant
8/13/2004 JR files for divorce from LVD
May 2005 JR & LVD divorce is final

2/24/2006 CV & LVD marry in Vegas - CV converts from Catholicism to LDS

2006 JR files for custody modification

2007 CV’s ex-wife (Cheryl) said she had concerns over LVD’s mental stability & court ordered cameras in the home to protect the children

8/5/2007 AC attacks JR with stun gun after a custody visit - AC had been doing stand up comedy in Phoenix but told a friend he had to go to TX to take care of some family business - Adam Cox later says AC was supposed to stun him, throw him in the truck, take him to the woods & kill & bury him but it didn’t work & JR called LE & AC was arrested - AC’s ex later says when AC got out of jail he told her he wanted to bait JR into a fight & kill him & claim self defense

July 2009 JR filled custody suit against LVD in TX that is carried over to AZ courts

2009 LVD is found guilty of 7 civil contempt charges regarding custody of Tylee - she is ordered to have psych eval after telling social workers that death would be preferred to giving Tylee to JR even for a visit. LVD cancels the appt saying her sister had complications having a baby & she is going out of town to be with her - appt is rescheduled after it is brought up in court that she is a flight risk & she shows up for the 8/1 appt - she says JR called her a lying crazy Mormon & turned the courts against her

5/25/2012 JJ is born in Louisiana
2013 CV & LVD begin process to adopt JJ

Late 2014/Early 2015 CV & LVD & Tylee & JJ move to Hawaii & start a juice bar which fails & they later return to AZ

10/18/2016 JR posts he is moving back to Austin - unsure if he actually did

Late 2016/Early 2017 CV & LVD & Tylee & JJ move back to AZ
2/8/2017 Tylee is enrolled in HS in Gilbert
3/17/2017 Tylee is enrolled in HS in Chandler

Dec 2017/Early 2018 CV gets Bailey for JJ

Jan 2018 CR gets married in CV’s back yard

4/3/2018 JR is found dead in his Phoenix, AZ home - note his DL was issued iin Sept 2017 so he had been living there at least 6 months.

….I have more but have to stop for now…I’ll try to enter more info up to CV’s murder over the weekend. Hope you all find this helpful.
Charles was married to his first wife Kimberly from 1985 to 1987. According to her, they divorced because of his infidelity.

Last edited:
There are (or will be) THREE threads for LV -- one the remnants of the just tried case, another for Charles, and a third for BB????? And then a million more for CD, and perhaps even more for other yet-to-be-named co-conspirators?????

Ack.

Please say it's not so. And if there's a place to vote, I vote No, No, a Thousand Times No. (That's legal now, yes? haha)

It's hard enough to follow the discussion in 1 thread, all in one place. Spreading it out, and having to repeat the same things in 3 places, and reference back and forth, I have about given up just trying to see if there's something to read, much less know where to post anymore. That is so user-UNfriendly.

So if the mods would be willing, I would so love to see the LV threads merged back together. Before there's many posts to make it impossible, as we are still less than 30.

To me that makes so much more sense, and is so much more user friendly for the people who would want to discuss things, as it's one defendant, and essentially the very same evidence, and really just that one case being tried multiple times for the various victims. The current case being tried can be reflected in the thread name, which gets changed when one thread ends and the next begins to reflect what this thread is about. As far as I'm concerned, we should be in thread 78 or so here (with this new name), not thread 1.

Also, it's almost impossible for LE to try more than 1 at the same time, since they need the same witnesses. So keeping it in 1 thread would not be a dead end, and would allow continuity for the possibility of new or differing "facts" to be offered and noticed.

My 2c.
I believe that the attempted murder/murder of BB and CV are several months apart (July and October?). Because of that, the timelines and movements of LVD and AlC would be different for each. I personally believe that one thread will cause all kinds of misstatements and errors as we try to fit events in line with the two separate events.
Two lives impacted, two crimes, two motives, two opportunities, two means ... two threads.
JMO.

ADMIN NOTE:

SOP folks ... separate trial, separate threads!! It would just be too convoluted and difficult to moderate by having all trials intermingled into one discussion.

Please don't discuss or challenge Mod or Admin decisions on the thread.

Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back