AZ - Lori Vallow Daybell charged w/ conspiring to kill ex-husband Charles Vallow and another relative, Brandon Boudreaux, Chandler, Maricopa County,

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She could also get a 2nd conviction for conspiring to kill her niece's ex-husband, Brandon Boudreaux.

Once the cases play out in Maricopa County, she'll have to go back to Idaho to continue serving her life sentences.

Thanks, that's 100% correct. According to the extradition document [link below], her extradition to AZ is explicitly conditioned on her return to ID by AZ "as soon as the prosecution in [AZ] is terminated...." So she would first serve her 3 consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole in ID, and once that is done, it's AZ's turn.

As ludicrous as it may seem for her to ever end up serving time in AZ, it could come into play in the event that someone in ID loses their mind and she is released because her sentence is overturned, commuted, or otherwise ends sooner than 3 lifetimes. Ugh.

But wait, there's more!
1 There is an exception to the above. The exception to the basic rule above is that she will not be returned if she is sentenced to death -- IOW, a death sentence gets first priority. At this point, that is only theoretical.
2 There is also an interesting nuance in the extradition order, which is that she can be sent back and forth between the 2 states with no need for any other formal extradition order. So, while the 2 indictments we have seen are only for Conspiracy (and do not have the possibility of a death sentence), if she were to be indicted for Murder itself, in the death of CV, they would not have any barrier to her being tried for that in AZ. Yay for that possibility!

Last edited:
Docket update -

Charles:

Disposition Information
Party Name ARSCode Description Crime Date Disposition Code Disposition Date
Lori N Vallow 13-1105A (F1) MURDER 1ST DEGREE 7/11/2019

Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
12/7/2023 RON – Release Order No Bond - Party (001) 12/7/2023
NOTE: Release Order

12/4/2023 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 12/6/2023
NOTE: States Motion for Protective Order with Exhibits

12/3/2023 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 12/5/2023
NOTE: STATE’S MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER

12/1/2023 WRS-Warrant Served - Party (001) 12/1/2023

Brandon:

Disposition Information
Party Name ARSCode Description Crime Date Disposition Code Disposition Date
Lori N Vallow 13-1105A (F1) MURDER 1ST DEGREE 7/11/2019

Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
12/7/2023 RON – Release Order No Bond - Party (001) 12/7/2023
NOTE: Release Order

12/4/2023 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 12/6/2023
NOTE: States Motion for Protective Order with Exhibits

12/3/2023 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 12/5/2023
NOTE: STATE’S MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER

12/1/2023 WRS-Warrant Served - Party (001) 12/1/2023

both cases:
Case Calendar
Date Time Event
12/7/2023 8:30 Original Arraignment Hearing

1/18/2024 8:15 Initial Pretrial Conference

2/21/2024 8:31 Comprehensive PreTrial Conference

3/28/2024 8:30 Pre-Trial Conference

4/4/2024 9:00 Trial

link: Docket - Criminal Court Case History

Unless she gets the DP?
According to @SteveS, A death penalty takes precedence. In other words if she was tried under the death penalty in AZ and then actually received the DP, she would serve her sentence on AZ's death row.

A life sentence in AZ does not take precedence so she would then go back to Idaho. 2 cents

<snipped for focus>
2 There is also an interesting nuance in the extradition order, which is that she can be sent back and forth between the 2 states with no need for any other formal extradition order. So, while the 2 indictments we have seen are only for Conspiracy (and do not have the possibility of a death sentence), if she were to be indicted for Murder itself, in the death of CV, they would not have any barrier to her being tried for that in AZ. Yay for that possibility!

I’ve been confused about how AZ’s death penalty might come into play in this case. Is there still a chance she could be indicted for Murder 1 Instead of Conspiracy? How would that work, if so?

Looked like she had the Jolly Rancher red blush on today…..View attachment 466454

I saw the deputy's radio antenna -- and thought he was holding a riding crop to keep LVD in line!

Maybe a wand from the Potterverse, wouldn't a Ministry of Magic-style trial for Lori be a good one? Start brewing that Veritaserum pronto!

She combed out the braids, I guess?

jmho ymmv lrr

I’ve been confused about how AZ’s death penalty might come into play in this case. Is there still a chance she could be indicted for Murder 1 Instead of Conspiracy? How would that work, if so?

The issue of the Murder of CV, and how the state of AZ is holding trial for it, has always seemed to me to be weird.

1 As to your question of "is there a chance" for AZ to indict her for Murder of CV (not just for plotting to do so), the answer is Yes. If they felt the evidence pointed to her guilt, and could be proved, nothing would prevent such a charge. And Murder in AZ does carry a DP possibility. But so far, as far as we know, there has not been an indictment for "Murder" for what was done to CV.

2 To me, I don't see any good reason why they haven't made Murder the charge. If they think she planned it (and the conspiracy charge says that's exactly what they think), and then he was murdered, and she apparently knew exactly when it would take place, wanted it done, maybe even set the date and time, was there before and after (and maybe even during), isn't that Murder no matter whether she pulled the trigger or not?

3 So far, the only indictments ever made public against her are for conspiracy to murder, with separate indictments for doing so against BB and CV. However, the phrasing "Murder Charge" has been used, in various places and even in court. Is it possible that a plot to murder (conspiracy) that is then successful and results in murder can be tried as a Murder (which it is) -- and then the consequences become a death sentence? That seems like the right and rational thing to do, but no one has been saying things like that around the case afaik. And "conspiracy" is a different statute than "murder" with different possible sentences.

4 There has been weirdness on the Official Court Cases site in AZ over what the charges are. This first happened in May, once she was convicted in ID, and then it was all erased for awhile. Then when she was transferred to AZ, it reappeared.

In its current form, for the CV case (based on date of offense), it says she is facing charges for "Murder 1st Degree" with the statute 13-1105A being that for a murder (not for a conspiracy). For the BB case, it says she is facing charges for "Murder 1st Degree - Premeditated" with the statute also being 13-1105A - even though BB is still alive! Note that AZ has a separate statute number and set of possible sentences for a conspiracy to commit _____ which is 13-1003.

5 Considering all of that, it has been possible that there is a hidden indictment for Murder against her. Back in the summer, I thought that was quite possible, given all the weirdness. Maybe they wanted to avoid any extradition issue over her facing a DP in a diff state? Now, I just think they are sloppy or stupid in AZ, because the wrong info still is being posted, and the same sloppiness in terms, but no sign of a hidden indictment.

6 As to how they could indict and charge her with Murder (with DP possible), it seems like that would only be a matter of getting it done, if they desired to do so. They already have the evidence. She's already in custody for a different case. They just need to empanel a GJ to indict her, then charge her, have her arraigned, and so on, and then head towards trial. In my weak moments, I still have some faint hope that her Murder of CV charge is coming, and they are merely stalling for time (to get their evidence all lined up) before pulling the trigger on a GJ indictment, at which point they begin to face the clock starting on her speedy trial limits.

ETA - I assume that, to avoid double jeopardy prohibitions, they would drop the conspiracy charges (re the CV murder, if not both) if they got a Murder indictment. And I also assume that their cutoff for such a Murder indictment would be before the CV-Conspiracy case begins, and that cutoff point being well before that trial date. I'm not sure how the timing on that would have to work, but there has to be a limit.

Last edited:
As Court TV replays all the LE body cams of
Charles Vallow explaining over & over that LVD is trying to kill him & he fears for the kids….makes me sick, angry. Charles is sober, articulate, obviously VERY worried.
I feel like the one questioning officer was dismissive(ie: thats not a threat). Just like the ones that were snowed by LVD twirling her hair saying -sorry neighbor- after CV was murdered.
It is like playing a bad movie backwards.
You want to reach in there & shake some sense into all of them. Must be brutal for Kay.

JMO

The issue of the Murder of CV, and how the state of AZ is holding trial for it, has always seemed to me to be weird.

1 As to your question of "is there a chance" for AZ to indict her for Murder of CV (not just for plotting to do so), the answer is Yes. If they felt the evidence pointed to her guilt, and could be proved, nothing would prevent such a charge. And Murder in AZ does carry a DP possibility. But so far, as far as we know, there has not been an indictment for "Murder" for what was done to CV.

2 To me, I don't see any good reason why they haven't made Murder the charge. If they think she planned it (and the conspiracy charge says that's exactly what they think), and then he was murdered, and she apparently knew exactly when it would take place, wanted it done, maybe even set the date and time, was there before and after (and maybe even during), isn't that Murder no matter whether she pulled the trigger or not?

3 So far, the only indictments ever made public against her are for conspiracy to murder, with separate indictments for doing so against BB and CV. However, the phrasing "Murder Charge" has been used, in various places and even in court. Is it possible that a plot to murder (conspiracy) that is then successful and results in murder can be tried as a Murder (which it is) -- and then the consequences become a death sentence? That seems like the right and rational thing to do, but no one has been saying things like that around the case afaik. And "conspiracy" is a different statute than "murder" with different possible sentences.

4 There has been weirdness on the Official Court Cases site in AZ over what the charges are. This first happened in May, once she was convicted in ID, and then it was all erased for awhile. Then when she was transferred to AZ, it reappeared.

In its current form, for the CV case (based on date of offense), it says she is facing charges for "Murder 1st Degree" with the statute 13-1105A being that for a murder (not for a conspiracy). For the BB case, it says she is facing charges for "Murder 1st Degree - Premeditated" with the statute also being 13-1105A - even though BB is still alive! Note that AZ has a separate statute number and set of possible sentences for a conspiracy to commit _____ which is 13-1003.

5 Considering all of that, it has been possible that there is a hidden indictment for Murder against her. Back in the summer, I thought that was quite possible, given all the weirdness. Maybe they wanted to avoid any extradition issue over her facing a DP in a diff state? Now, I just think they are sloppy or stupid in AZ, because the wrong info still is being posted, and the same sloppiness in terms, but no sign of a hidden indictment.

6 As to how they could indict and charge her with Murder (with DP possible), it seems like that would only be a matter of getting it done, if they desired to do so. They already have the evidence. She's already in custody for a different case. They just need to empanel a GJ to indict her, then charge her, have her arraigned, and so on, and then head towards trial. In my weak moments, I still have some faint hope that her Murder of CV charge is coming, and they are merely stalling for time (to get their evidence all lined up) before pulling the trigger on a GJ indictment, at which point they begin to face the clock starting on her speedy trial limits.

ETA - I assume that, to avoid double jeopardy prohibitions, they would drop the conspiracy charges (re the CV murder, if not both) if they got a Murder indictment. And I also assume that their cutoff for such a Murder indictment would be before the CV-Conspiracy case begins, and that cutoff point being well before that trial date. I'm not sure how the timing on that would have to work, but there has to be a limit.
Good thinking, Steve. I hope you’re on the right track.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back