AZ AZ - Maricopa Co, Hisp/NtvFem UP1946, 17-20, under horse skeleton, Aug'97

Bumping because her NamUs page was updated today. I can't see what changed, probably new rule-outs? It's good that they're still working on identifying her.

Yes, Angela Hammond added:
MP5845 Stephanie Benton 03/13/1995 Mohave AZ
MP5619 Darla Crist 10/20/1996 Maricopa AZ
MP491 Sherry Daugherty 08/29/1991 Maricopa AZ
MP1635 Angela Hammond 04/04/1991 Henry MO
MP1066 Maria Mauricio 01/20/1997 Maricopa AZ
MP4448 Adriana Rojas 07/23/1996 Los Angeles CA
MP2413 Tiffany Sessions 02/09/1989 Alachua FL

What a bizarre case.
My guess is that her and the horse have nothing to do with each other. Someone may have dumped a deceased horse there and then later her killer dumped her in fairly the same spot. Predators or the wind could have moved her clothing towards the horse. Both remains were skeletonized, so the horse skeleton could have easily been missed by her killer when she was dumped, especially if it happened at night.

I also dont think the baby blanket has any special significance. It may be a random garbage dumpsite or she was partially wrapped in the blanket when she was dumped. She may have had kids at home but I doubt there was an actual baby on site.

What a bizarre case.
My guess is that her and the horse have nothing to do with each other. Someone may have dumped a deceased horse there and then later her killer dumped her in fairly the same spot. Predators or the wind could have moved her clothing towards the horse. Both remains were skeletonized, so the horse skeleton could have easily been missed by her killer when she was dumped, especially if it happened at night.

I also dont think the baby blanket has any special significance. It may be a random garbage dumpsite or she was partially wrapped in the blanket when she was dumped. She may have had kids at home but I doubt there was an actual baby on site.

145UFAZ

Circumstances of Discovery

The female's skeletal remains were found at 51st Avenue south of Pecos Road on the Gila River Indian Reservation, south of Phoenix. A horse skeleton was on top of the body.

bbm

This is in the Namus file. Let's forget the horse for now.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

On August 9, 1997, skeletal remains of an unidentified female were located in the area of 51st Avenue and Dust Devil Lane on the Gila River Reservation in Maricopa County, Arizona. Based on the condition of the remains, it is believed she had been deceased between 6 months and 1 year. The Jane Doe is believed to have been between 16 and 20 years of age and was Native American or Caucasian. She was approximately 5'3" and had long dark brown hair, approximately 10 inches in length. The Jane Doe either had a child or had carried a child to term. All of her teeth were present with no dental work.

The skeletal remains of a horse were located nearby <delete in your mind>
An ankle length skirt, black in color with white designs throughout, was recovered among the horse bones <replace by an ankle length skirt etc. were found nearby>

The skirt was one size fits all and "Countess" brand. Another piece of cloth, black with white polka dots, was located nearby. The material appears to be a wrap-around blouse of mid-length that buttoned in the front. Two pads were recovered that appear to be shoulder pads from the blouse. A black bra, black panties and a piece of black denim were also located. Among the remains was a pink and green comforter with a floral design and two baby blankets. One baby blanket was blue, white and pink in color and the other was pink and had been tied to the comforter on one corner. The featured reconstruction is an artist's rendering of what the Jane Doe may have looked like.

Maybe the key to finding who The Jane Doe is is the horse angle? Did anyone report a horse go missing at that time?

This is in the Namus file. Let's forget the horse for now.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

On August 9, 1997, skeletal remains of an unidentified female were located in the area of 51st Avenue and Dust Devil Lane on the Gila River Reservation in Maricopa County, Arizona. Based on the condition of the remains, it is believed she had been deceased between 6 months and 1 year. The Jane Doe is believed to have been between 16 and 20 years of age and was Native American or Caucasian. She was approximately 5'3" and had long dark brown hair, approximately 10 inches in length. The Jane Doe either had a child or had carried a child to term. All of her teeth were present with no dental work.

The skeletal remains of a horse were located nearby <delete in your mind>
An ankle length skirt, black in color with white designs throughout, was recovered among the horse bones <replace by an ankle length skirt etc. were found nearby>

The skirt was one size fits all and "Countess" brand. Another piece of cloth, black with white polka dots, was located nearby. The material appears to be a wrap-around blouse of mid-length that buttoned in the front. Two pads were recovered that appear to be shoulder pads from the blouse. A black bra, black panties and a piece of black denim were also located. Among the remains was a pink and green comforter with a floral design and two baby blankets. One baby blanket was blue, white and pink in color and the other was pink and had been tied to the comforter on one corner. The featured reconstruction is an artist's rendering of what the Jane Doe may have looked like.
I mentioned the horse may be the key, but I also agree with your post. The horse could be a “red herring” and the details on the black clothing and colorful blankets could be the key as well.

Who would wear all black like that in the Phoenix sun? Also it mentions not all the hands were found.

Would Silvia Ledezma-Rodriguez be a good candidate?

I know she was 33 when she went missing which is outside the 17-20 updated estimate, but the original estimate was 30-50 so it's worth a shot imo.
I'm not sure...there is the age "thing". There's sadly basically nothing about her missing case besides a Namus file.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back