Identified! AZ - Maricopa Co, WhtFem UP72782, 20-30yo, found by bystander in park, Phoenix, Jul'20 - n/a

Romulus

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

This unidentified woman was found unresponsive in a local park by a bystander.

Physical Description
Hair ColorBlond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--

Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
Linear scars on right foot

Tattoo
Monochromatic cursive tattoo of "With Pain Comes Strength" on left upper chest

Tattoo
Monochromatic tattoo of a design with small stars on left calf

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
Navy v-necked "scrub"-style top
On the Body

Clothing
Blue and white long-sleeved horizontally striped hoodie/sweater dress
On the Body

Clothing
Gray/black sweat-material shorts with Abercrombie brand on side
On the Body

Clothing
Blue and white checked boxers
On the Body

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Jill Patricia Ellsworth?

Caucasian, blonde/strawberry hair, brown eyes.

Thumbnail

Jill might be a little out of the estimated age group of adult - pre 30, assuming the estimate is correct. I tried to find a bit more info about Jill, especially about any tattoos, but there's not much on her out there.Her WS thread only has the NamUs profile info.

AZ - AZ - Jill Ellsworth, 59, Phoenix, 20 Apr 2017

Yes, probably to old....although the estimated age range above is not filled in, you are right about the pre 30....wasn't sharp on that :(. I know there is not much to find about her, I searched for her with different names but came up with nothing substantial. (would have added it to her thread :D)

Yes, probably to old....although the estimated age range above is not filled in, you are right about the pre 30....wasn't sharp on that :(. I know there is not much to find about her, I searched for her with different names but came up with nothing substantial. (would have added it to her thread :D)

I wouldn't put a ton of weight into the est age. It might be a good idea to submit Jill as a PM. Given how so little info is avail about Jill, it could be there is no DNA on file for an auto comparison. Therefore unless someone "hand picks" her profile for comparison, she'd likely never be selected as a possibility because of the age discrepancy.

Police release sketch of unidentified woman found dead in Phoenix park

Original

(click on image to enlarge)

Police are seeking help identifying a woman whose body was found in a Phoenix park this summer.

The woman, estimated to be 20-30 years old, was found dead on July 28 in Green Valley Park off 14th Street just south of Interstate 17. Police said there was no sign of foul play.

She had the words “With Pain Comes Strength” tattooed on her left upper chest and a tattoo design with stars on her left calf.

She was 5 feet, 5 inches tall and 152 pounds with short blonde hair and brown eyes.

She was wearing a blue scrubs top with a V-neck, a white hoodie/sweater dress with long sleeves and horizontal stripes, and black shorts.

Police release sketch of unidentified woman found dead in Phoenix park - KTAR.com

Her NamUs #UP72782 has been updated as well with extra information, including sketch

Original

Date Body Found - July 28, 2020
Location - Phoenix, Arizon, Maricopa County

Demographics

Sex - Female
Race / Ethnicity - White / Caucasian
Condition of Remains - Recognizable face

Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 30
Height 5' 5"(65 inches) , Measured
Weight152 lbs, Measured

Physical Description

Hair Color - Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color - Brown

Scar/mark - Linear scars on right foot

Tattoo

Tattoo - Monochromatic tattoo of a design with small stars on left calf

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing - Navy v-necked "scrub"-style top - On the Body
Clothing - Blue and white long-sleeved horizontally striped hoodie/sweater dress - On the Body
Clothing - Gray/black sweat-material shorts with Abercrombie brand on side -
On the Body
Clothing - Blue and white checked boxers -On the Body

Link - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Her NamUs #UP72782 has been updated as well with extra information, including sketch

Original

Demographics

Sex - Female

Weight152 lbs, Measured

Physical Description

Eye Color - Brown

Tattoo

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing - Blue and white long-sleeved horizontally striped hoodie/sweater dress - On the Body
On the Body

That is very helpful. Good to see they are working on the case. Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if her eyes were really that different from each other as shown in the repro or are this two different interpretations of what her eyes may have looked like when she was alive?

Original

Demographics

Sex - Female

Weight152 lbs, Measured

Physical Description

Eye Color - Brown

Tattoo

Clothing and Accessories
On the Body

I wonder what the linear scars are on her foot. How many, how big, and if they are grouped together.

I wonder if her eyes were really that different from each other as shown in the repro or are this two different interpretations of what her eyes may have looked like when she was alive?

On second thought...it could be a style. I think the recon was made by Stephen Missal. As an example another recon from his hand. Same thing with the eyes, although it's not consistent in all his recons. I decided to look passed it. Also, most people don't have a totally symmetric face. A good thing IMO, because it makes your face interesting.

BroadwayStPhoenixJaneDoe2004_web.jpg

The lettering...a sentence....no problem...very obvious....her tattoo on her calf....if somebody from the contacts in this case is reading this....please put a picture of this tattoo in the Namus file.

It very likely is the same as it was written on her. I was looking at it as well and found similar online, but not exact pen strokes on letters as hers.

I searched a bunch (in the vain hope that perhaps she once uploaded a photo of the tattoo to social media) and did find a couple images that seemed to match the style very closely, but were not in the same location on the body. I'm pretty sure the font is Edwardian Script, a standard Windows font, suggesting this was probably an inexpensive tattoo, perhaps from a less experienced tattooer. A good artist would likely do their own lettering or at least pick a less common font.

Picture below shows the tattoo text "With Pain Comes Strength" in Edwardian Script.

Attachments

• with_pain_comes_strength_edwardian_script.png
    with_pain_comes_strength_edwardian_script.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 24
I searched a bunch (in the vain hope that perhaps she once uploaded a photo of the tattoo to social media) and did find a couple images that seemed to match the style very closely, but were not in the same location on the body. I'm pretty sure the font is Edwardian Script, a standard Windows font, suggesting this was probably an inexpensive tattoo, perhaps from a less experienced tattooer. A good artist would likely do their own lettering or at least pick a less common font.

Picture below shows the tattoo text "With Pain Comes Strength" in Edwardian Script.

Here is the tattoo text for comparison

Attachments

• tattoo with pain comes strenght.png
    tattoo with pain comes strenght.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 35
It's possible. The area above my right eyelid droops down like this also. So, my eyes do look like they have slightly different shapes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back