AZ AZ - Melissa Mason & Nicole Glass, both 27, Phoenix, 3 December 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So the possibilities are:
1. Melissa was the target. Maybe because of her pregnancy. Or her job
2. Nicole was the target. Maybe because of drugs, or her job.
3. The killing was random. The girls often left their door unlocked.

Random seems less likely, because most random killings IMO are of a single person, not killing 2 people.

I would think if the DNA matched Melissa's baby daddy, LE would know that by now. So it seems like he's not really a suspect.

So that leaves, for both girls, the jobs, and for Nicole, drugs. The jobs, while possibly dangerous, is probably less likely than people killing for drugs. "Snitches get stiches" is a phrase I grew up with, and is well known in the drug scene (See, i.e., Boombat Negrete in Trenton). I also think more than one person is the killer here, as two women with one person might fight back.

Dec 2 2023 Lillian Boyd
1701537791313.png
''While standing in front of a billboard located on 7th Street and Lincoln Street, which displays the victims' faces and advertises a $13,000 reward for information on the case, Glass recounted how she first heard of the tragedy.

“They didn’t say her name," said Glass, of first hearing about her daughter's murder from a local TV news station. "But we saw the picture of her house and her car, and they said two 27-year-old women were dead inside the house. And that’s how I got the first inkling that something was wrong."

On Dec. 2, 2010, Nicole Glass and a pregnant Mason were found strangled to death in their east Phoenix home.

Rachel Glass teared up when describing her daughter, who was studying communication at Phoenix Community College at the time of her murder.''

“I just get really upset when I think at the end of her life of how tragic it was for her because she doesn't deserve this," said Rachel Glass. "She was really a good person. A really good person.”

''Those with any information surrounding the case can contact Silent Witness to submit anonymous tips at 480-WITNESS or on their website at Nicole Glass / Area of 4200 East Cambridge Avenue, Phoenix – Silent Witness.''

So the possibilities are:
1. Melissa was the target. Maybe because of her pregnancy. Or her job
2. Nicole was the target. Maybe because of drugs, or her job.
3. The killing was random. The girls often left their door unlocked.

Random seems less likely, because most random killings IMO are of a single person, not killing 2 people.

I would think if the DNA matched Melissa's baby daddy, LE would know that by now. So it seems like he's not really a suspect.

So that leaves, for both girls, the jobs, and for Nicole, drugs. The jobs, while possibly dangerous, is probably less likely than people killing for drugs. "Snitches get stiches" is a phrase I grew up with, and is well known in the drug scene (See, i.e., Boombat Negrete in Trenton). I also think more than one person is the killer here, as two women with one person might fight back.
I agree with your theories. I thought this case was solvable way back when. Sad to see it’s still open.

Last edited:
1702077425259.jpeg
At a sparsely attended press conference on Dec. 1 at 7th and Lincoln streets, Phoenix police and relatives of Glass promoted an electronic billboard offering a $13,000 reward from Silent Witness for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the deaths.

Sgt. Brian Bower, a spokesperson for the Phoenix Police Department, said the killings are “considered a cold case” but that “these cases can get reopened just as quickly” with new information from the public. Tips can be provided anonymously through Silent Witness.

“We don’t know exactly when this triple homicide took place,” Bower said. “Detectives suspect from the timeline that it happened between Dec. 2 and Dec. 3, 2010, around midnight.”

Rachel Glass and Fred Donaldson underbillboard
Rachel Glass and her brother, Fred Donaldson, on Dec. 1 underneath a billboard near 7th and Lincoln streets. The billboard announces a reward for information about the unsolved killing of Nicole Glass and Melissa Mason

“We hadn’t heard from her, and we’re, like, trying to call, and it’s going straight to voicemail,” she told Dateline.

Samantha was trying to get in touch with her sister Melissa Mason. The 27-year-old was eight weeks pregnant and living with her best friend, Nicole Glass, also 27.

“We’re like, ‘Maybe her phone’s dead,’” she recalled. “And then my cousin called me and he’s like, ‘I don’t want you to freak out, but my dad saw something on the news.’”

The report aired on December 3, 2010. It said that two women had been found dead inside a Phoenix, Arizona home.

Nicole’s mother, Rachel Glass, told Dateline she remembers watching a similar report. “One of her friends had called me,” she said. “She was screaming to me, ‘Rachel, turn on the TV. I think Nicole and Melissa are dead inside.’”

They were. Both women had been murdered.

Melissa Mason and Nicole Glass

Dec. 24, 2023, By Kyani Reid
Very lengthy.
1703514343639.png
''The Phoenix Police Department has put Nicole and Melissa’s cases on a cold case deck in partnership with Silent Witness. According to the deck, “on the afternoon of December 3rd, 2010, police in Phoenix, Arizona found the bodies of friends Melissa Mason and Nicole Glass, both 27, in the home they shared. Both women, who were killed in different parts of the house, had been strangled. What’s more, Melissa was eight weeks pregnant. Investigators quickly exhausted forensic leads and have yet to arrive at a motive for the triple homicide more than a decade later.”

''Samantha told Dateline that her sister’s boyfriend was the one to call the family and confirm the news of Melissa’s death. “After he told me, he asked to speak to my mom,” she recalled. “Before I handed the phone to my mom, I let her know. I just felt like it would be better coming from me.”

A reward of up to $8,700 is being offered by Silent Witness for information leading to the arrest and/or indictment of the suspect(s) in the case.

Anyone with information about the murders of Nicole Glass and Melissa Mason is asked to call the Phoenix Police Department at 602-262-6151''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back