GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read an article that said they had an early morning meeting (whatever that means) so maybe she usually drove by herself to work. I'll see if I can find that article.

If that article really did mention that they both were going to a meeting, could it have referred to a 12 step meeting ?

I would like to know more about the lawsuit involving them and the Airline pilots union ; did he/they sue the union for not representing his/their interests in a dispute with an airline ?

Also, why and for how long was he unemployed ? Sound like he had some financial issues in his recent past ? jmo

Here's an update from the Pinal County Sheriff's Office Facebook page.

Missing Maricopa couple, Michael and Tina Careccia were reported missing to PCSO at 7 p.m. on June 22 and have not been heard from since. As of this writing, we do not know if Michael and Tina have disappeared under their own volition or at the hand of someone else. We continue to search for clues that will help us locate them.

We want to clear up some misinformation that is going around on social and traditional media sources.

First, some have noticed a that the Mesa bank robbery suspect from earlier this week bears a resemblance to Tina. We have confirmed that Tina is not the person seen in the surveillance photo of the Mesa bank robbery suspect. We appreciate the community's vigilance in helping find her, but that isn't her.

Also, on Tuesday evening, ‪#‎ABC15‬ news reported that "The FBI is now involved in the case". This is not true. Since this report, the error has been repeated over social media and is causing unnecessary confusion among those following the case. We want to assure the public that PCSO is using all available resources to help find out what happened to Michael and Tina. We have not yet, however, had reason to get the FBI involved in the search.

We want to thank the community that is helping us search for Michael and Tina. We know that people are actively searching the desert for any signs of them and encourage calls from the searchers if anything is found. PCSO has searched with air, ground and K9 resources soon after the report was filed, but found no signs that the couple is lost in the desert. PCSO resources are dedicated to actual ground searches when we get a specific tip that points us to a location to search, and we have done so since Monday when they were reported missing. We have had tips come in, but unfortunately, they have not lead to locating the missing couple.

If anybody has any information about their whereabouts they are asked to contact the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office at 520-866-5111.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pinal-County-Sheriffs-Office/151161388286780?fref=ts

If that article really did mention that they both were going to a meeting, could it have referred to a 12 step meeting ?

I would like to know more about the lawsuit involving them and the Airline pilots union ; did he/they sue the union for not representing his/their interests in a dispute with an airline ?

Also, why and for how long was he unemployed ? Sound like he had some financial issues in his recent past ? jmo

Other articles are saying he's still a pilot with United.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...sing-maricopa-couple-continues-abrk/29233519/
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/search-continues-for-missing-arizona-couple-michael-and-tina-careccia/

Mike and his ex were the defendants in the case. That's all my limited sleuthing skills have been able to find out.

TY for this. The article confirms that they were regulars at the bar, as another poster mentioned. So, probably unlikely that they were involved in a 12 step program.

Wonder why it was reported that he was unemployed ?

Did not know she is an accountant... jmo

Hi Everyone,

Please no more discussion on Tina being the bank robber.

The Sheriff's department has said it is not her so let's not keep perpetuating this rumor OK? It only hurts the case.

Thank you,
Tricia

This case is just so strange. I've heard that the son is now not being as cooperative and forthcoming with information. Don't know what that means. I guess people are accusing him of knowing more than he is leading on, so now the family is guarded.

Rightfully so? I suppose. I would just think that they would be making every appeal possible to try to find them. I know others on other threads have mentioned how cool and calm their family seems. As if they know something that everyone else doesn't....

I've been wondering who exactly saw Tina and Mike leave at 5:00 a.m. as reported: The couple left the house at about 5 a.m. in their 2008 Honda Accord and didn't show up for any of their appointments..

From the latest article, Mike's son, Luke says He last saw his dad and stepmother on Sunday night, when they said goodnight to him and his cousin.. So did he just speculate that they left at 5:00 a.m. because "they always do?" Or, did his cousin or someone else in the house actually see them awake or actually leaving that morning?

Also, Luke said he made the call to 911 at about 7:15 p.m. Monday night to report his dad and stepmother as missing. I wonder what efforts were made by him and others to reach them before calling the police so quickly? I wonder what time Tina and Mike usually arrived home, and why by 7:15 p.m. Luke was worried enough to call 911.

Another quote from Luke: The two are "all around great people who are dedicated to their family," Luke said.

Family and friends don't believe foul play to be a probability. Luke said, "I don't see what the motive would be."

A neighbor may have seen them or just the car leaving, is their neighborhood very populated? I have not looked into any of that.

This case is just so strange. I've heard that the son is now not being as cooperative and forthcoming with information. Don't know what that means. I guess people are accusing him of knowing more than he is leading on, so now the family is guarded.

Rightfully so? I suppose. I would just think that they would be making every appeal possible to try to find them. I know others on other threads have mentioned how cool and calm their family seems. As if they know something that everyone else doesn't....

Yes, its a very strange case... I live in AZ and have been following this closely since that area is known for some heavy cartel traffic. There are a few theories being tossed around but nothing solid yet with LE.

where did you hear this information? I'll like to hear it.

The daughter looks and sounds completely distraught in the video I saw and what I read on her FB page.

I think this is a very sad case. It's difficult enough for the family to have Michael and Tina missing, but to then have to counter all the speculation about what happened must be very wearing. In this case , as so frequently happens unfortunately, the speculation evolves into theories that seem to somehow makes the victim(s) responsible for what has been done to them. Having their loved ones smeared on the basis of scant or nonexistent facts must take a terrible toll. I'm sure their minds are frantic searching for Michael and Tina, trying to remember anything that might be relevant, imagining what may have happened to them... there are so many cases in recent years that have not had good results. I can't imagine how hard this pressure must be for a family and friends. My thoughts and prayers are with Michael, Tina and those involved in searching for them. I hope that they are found alive and relatively well.

I think people are just trying to piece together the information we have and force it into some scenario they can rationalize. I have yet to read anything here that blames the Careccias for whatever happened to them. If we are to have a discussion about missing persons with the goal of finding out what happened to them, some questions are going to be asked and researched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And why wouldn't all theories be considered?
As much as I would like to believe that my own family does nothing wrong, I'm sure that there are things that even I may not know/have known.
I would consider all options just for the sake of hoping to find them alive.

I am a local and am only repeating what I've read on local forums and groups from people who know the couple. We have a few mutual friends, so I'm going off of their speculations as well.
The area is well known for heavy drug cartel influence and as sad as it is, anyone can get involved in that business if they are desperate enough (not that I'm saying this is the case though).

I too hope for their safe return.

And why wouldn't all theories be considered?
As much as I would like to believe that my own family does nothing wrong, I'm sure that there are things that even I may not know/have known.
I would consider all options just for the sake of hoping to find them alive.

I am a local and am only repeating what I've read on local forums and groups from people who know the couple. We have a few mutual friends, so I'm going off of their speculations as well.
The area is well known for heavy drug cartel influence and as sad as it is, anyone can get involved in that business if they are desperate enough (not that I'm saying this is the case though).

I too hope for their safe return.

I agree and sadly I think this is not a random act but close to home.

Are they Sure of the correct heights for them?
Looking at them from the video, where they are on the beach together,(or wherever, with the water behind them) he clearly is way taller than her... Looks like he is more
than just 2 inches taller than her, to me...
IMOO.
Yet the article states:

"Michael, 44, is described as a white, 5 feet 10 inches tall, 180 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.

Tina, 42, is white, 5 feet 8 inches tall, 140 pounds, with blond hair and brown eyes."

http://www.azfamily.com/story/29388582/search-underway-for-missing-pinal-county-couple

Pinal County Sheriff's Office Update via Facebook:

SILENT WITNESS is now helping PCSO get the community involved in the Mike and Tina Careccia missing persons case.

If you want to remain anonymous, call 480-WITNESS (480-948-6377) or text SILENT to 274637.

If you know something, then call PCSO directly at 520-866-5111 or call SILENT WITNESS.

Here's the flyer at this link: https://www.facebook.com/1511613882...1161388286780/854570464612532/?type=1&theater

I think it's pretty safe to say they probably aren't in the surrounding area at this point. Every article I've read talks about numerous search teams heading out on ATV's to search for them. The searchers have numbered in the hundreds.

That part of Arizona is very barren and flat as a board.....a desert environment in every sense of the word, pretty much just cactus and sand. In most places, the visibility across flat land would be 5 miles or more, and with binoculars, make it 15. The way they have searched in the last 3 days and by saturating the entire area, if this couple had been marched out there and left for whatever reason, someone would have come across them by now.

I'm at a complete loss right now as to who would have abducted them or why, but unless they are being hidden away on private property, I'm pretty sure they would have been located by this time. I can think of 20 different things that may have happened to them, but the part that is puzzling me now is all the dirt and grime that was found adhered to the car. This is indicative of going out and running up and down dirt roads, and according to what I've read, apparently a whole bunch of them. That isn't the type of activity you normally do while driving a Honda Accord. All the main roads around there are paved although quite a few of the sideroads are still dirt.

A carjacking at 5 in the morning sounds unlikely, especially the carjacking of a moving vehicle. The idea that the car may have been taken and then dumped off later by some unknown persons is starting to seem more likely. The question would be, where and when did they take possession of the car and for what purpose ?

The fact that the car was left abandoned and covered with an overspray of dust is pretty unsettling, it leaves one with the impression that it was ran around out in the desert, and then driven back into the city limits and abandoned where it was found. The fact that it was found about a mile from their residence may prove to be a total coincidence, but I think there is a reason for it. Maybe it was an attempt to confuse the police as well as the people that would come searching for them.

Another theory, this couple stopped at a convenience store that morning to get coffee. They were carjacked in the parking lot and driven out into the desert at gunpoint. Where in the desert remains a mystery. The car is driven back into town and deserted where found. Why? Because it was within walking distance of where the perpetrator either lives or needed to be.

That area is notorious for drug running and human smuggling. The crime rate in the area is sky high due to that. This may prove to be one of those senseless, stupid crimes perpetrated by a couple of drugged out sociopaths.

From the time they left home until the report was called in was 14 hours. You can drive many many miles in a 14 hour span, and still be home in time for supper. It's going to be a local that did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasstar1968