GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

Yes thinking the arsonist had an issue w ea of the people getting their prop torched. JMO

J

I don't think he did prior work for them because the trailer that burned had no electricity or gas. It's mentioned in the article that it had neither and was was felt to be set for that reason, because with no electrical or gas involvement it wouldn't spontaneously combust.
Interesting I thought I read somewhere T&M were living in that trailer before it got torched while they were actually working on building the garage first. (do you think they were living in the trailer w/o electricity??) I guess the only thing we can do is speculate. Would be good to know some more information. It is like playing an extra difficult suduko -- difficult to pull the pieces together w such little information & a trifle of facts. So frustrating.

J

I don't think he did prior work for them because the trailer that burned had no electricity or gas. It's mentioned in the article that it had neither and was was felt to be set for that reason, because with no electrical or gas involvement it wouldn't spontaneously combust.

I am wondering if they used the trailer to store their household goods.
This article mentions:

" “All of the arson cases have involved vacant property or vacant homes.” "

http://www.copamonitor.com/news/local/article_7dfc1af2-5baa-11e4-836d-2799a43fbf32.html

Perhaps, Mike and Tina were living with Geoff Dugan at the time of their trailer and property being burned down.
And after that, they continued to live with Geoff Dugan, IMOO.

Anyone know if the inheritance money was widely talked about amongst their friends and family? If so, that seems odd. Most people would not go around talking about that. Especially since I think I read it was rather small - maybe a couple thousand dollars (please correct me if I'm wrong). Still possibly part of the motive for JV or part of a disagreement between him and Tina and Mike but if it's only a couple thousand dollars it seems pretty trivial. I'm not a rich person but really?? I guess if they promised payment and couldn't deliver, that would just add to his anger. When someone is on drugs they are not in their right mind to begin with. In the end, I think getting the toxicology reports will be key. Wonder how long that will take. JMO

I wonder who told the PI (that Tina's brother hired), that Mike had a drug habit?
IMOO.

Since it was mentioned that JV and Felix spent some time "getting their story straight' I really hope LE is putting serious effort into getting the truth out of these two. Regardless of whether or not drugs were involved on M& T's part, they certainly did not deserve this. I hope that justice is served to the fullest extent. And it seems to me that there should be some serious consequences for not reporting a double murder right away. I don't care if you have your own skeletons to hide or not, a decent person does not witness that kind of heinous crime without reporting it. There are silent tip lines here that are completely anonymous. So no excuses in my book. JMO!

It seems so strange.
Maybe he didn't have a personal attachment to the house? Even though he grew up there.
Maybe he didn't have an attachment to his parents, either?? Or even an attachment of his own memories there?
Maybe it was the only place he could think of that he might not get caught?
IMOO.

I remember fireinside saying Jose had gotten into a fist fight with his father once - maybe his father was abusive & the house held bad memories for him?

Even more disturbing, Tina said, was the third fire set as firefighters were responding to her property.

“He went and lit another fire after ours,” she said.

BBM I'm most interested in T referring to the arsonist as a 'HE'....

http://www.copamonitor.com/news/local/article_7dfc1af2-5baa-11e4-836d-2799a43fbf32.html?mode=jqm

If she knew it was Jose or someone associated with Jose, would she be in the same room with him on Father's Day, or contract him for future work?
It is interesting that she used the pronoun He instead of They, though...
IMOO.

I remember fireinside saying Jose had gotten into a fist fight with his father once - maybe his father was abusive & the house held bad memories for him?

Possibly. Why hang on to a house though that has such bad memories? You'd think he would want to get rid of the house if it was that bad of memories for him. IMOO.

Possibly. Why hang on to a house though that has such bad memories? You'd think he would want to get rid of the house if it was that bad of memories for him. IMOO.

You can either get rid of the house or defile its memory... I guess he chose the latter~
He is pretty young, 38 right?? wonder about the parents.... no longer in that home.... . Would be interesting to know the history there...

Fireinside.... do you have any thoughts here?

Absolutely, and that might be the simplest, best answer right there.
Here I am trying to reason why he would bury them at his house.
And why he would even kill them?
It's beyond logic. It's crazy! Drugs and liquor, yup.
IMOO.

IMOO-- Killers tend to bury/place their deceased victims in an area they are familiar with. I think he felt no one would think to look on his property, especially right next to his house.

Hello Everyone,

First time poster... I stumbled on this website following the Allison Feldman case. I am a relative of one of her sister's best friends and have become amazed at all the crime and cruelty in the world )=

My thoughts on this case.... maybe JV did the electric work on the house and trailer and was not paid for it... he then burned them down thinking they would pay him with the insurance money... when JV alludes to the fact that he knows something about the arson and the victims tell him there was no insurance and no money. Then, the victims are upset because they just found out they lost everything at the hands of their "friend" and JV in enraged to learn there is no money coming his way. A fight breaks out between JV and MC, MC is killed. And TC is killed because... well why leave a witness and no chance of getting away with anything. If this Felix is his friend he probably thought he would give him an alibi and cover for him and this is why he was left alive.

The world is full of evil unfortunately.
I agree with your possible scenario.
Welcome to Web Sleuths!!

Bringing my previous post forward with this link.

So, Jose then would be doing more electrical work for Tina and Mike, and if they didn't pay him the previous time they contracted him, if they did contract him previously, then maybe he thinks he will get a lump sum now??
IMOO.

I think Jose was paid. If he wasn't he probably would have already given M a beat down considering his temperament.

Another possibility----
He was drunk at the party and started talking about the fire. M&T wanted to know more. Jose realized he said too much and stopped talking. M&T were pressing for info, and kept calling him wanting him to tell them who burned down their garage and belongings.

That is just another theory to toss in the ring. :)

I'm trying to put myself in the scenario of someone telling me at my own family party, they have knowledge of who was involved with burning my property down.

First of all, I am not going to have anyone sit amongst my family and continue to enjoy our home knowing this, and on the land where the arson took place no less. I'd be mad as hell and demand info on the spot or get out. And if you're drunk sharing this info with me, I'd take it with a grain of salt, contact LE to make a report of possible knowledge/connection. And maybe speak to you again about it when you're sober and can speak rationally. I just find it hard to believe, sorry. It doesn't make sense to me at all. JMO

I'm trying to put myself in the scenario of someone telling me at my own family party, they have knowledge of who was involved with burning my property down.

First of all, I am not going to have anyone sit amongst my family and continue to enjoy our home knowing this, and on the land where the arson took place no less. I'd be mad as hell and demand info on the spot or get out. And if you're drunk sharing this info with me, I'd take it with a grain of salt, contact LE to make a report of possible knowledge/connection. And maybe speak to you again about it when you're sober and can speak rationally. I just find it hard to believe, sorry. It doesn't make sense to me at all. JMO

Exactly how I would feel. If a person said they had knowledge about the arson on the property but didn't come forward with more info, then why would he even be allowed to stay at the party?
That doesn't sound like a friend.
A friend would be someone that if they Did have knowledge, they would tell you about it, not Tease you and tell you that they know but they won't say.
But then again, what kind of a friend was he, to not only kill, but to kill 2 of his friends.
IMOO.

I'm guessing AZ = Arizona

Thread #1 Post #665
Poster Rustyprop (not a VI) says the AZ tattoo is a pride thing. That post also mentions another tattoo which is part of a "club type" thing. Imo

this is just a passing thought... I remember my days of running the party scenes and it was not uncommon for people to have things such as drugs or work/labor fronted to them until they got paid or got an inheritance or came into money...and sometimes people would say they were coming into money and had absolutely no intention of paying it back whether they really were coming into money or not...and, you can clearly see the conflict that could cause...jmo NOT suggesting that this happened, just pondering.

Possibly - or maybe he didn't want to leave that area. Not sure if his parents are deceased, but maybe it was left to him...or maybe he didn't even realize all the suppressed feelings until he was tweaking. Kind of out there, I know - just trying to make some kind of sense of the senseless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back