Identified! AZ - Mohave Co., 'White Hills JD' BlkFem UP15869, 14-17, off Hwy 93, Sep'16 - Kimberly Rena Jones

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by los2188, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Deluxed

Deluxed Member

I do not know how to officially submit a case for comparison. If somebody could help me or point me to a link.

I did post it in FB to the Medical Corner page linked above and they replied:

" she is probably the closest I’ve seen to our Jane Doe. Since she has DNA and Dentals in NamUs, we would have received an association notification if she matched up to our Doe."

That would be the end of following up on Ciara as a potential?

Also I am searching through Namus for potential matches. Is there another source I can search through?

Thanks!

YaYa_521, Al Ka and GreyClay like this.

2. FireOwl9

FireOwl9 Someday everything will make perfect sense...

Yeah if she had DNA on Namus then she could have quite possibly been automatically ruled out unfortunately :(.

YaYa_521, bombardier and carbuff like this.
  3. RookieInvestigator

RookieInvestigator Well-Known Member

**Bump**

I have not received a response from NAMUS on the potential matches I submitted...Unsure if I should submit to the doenetwork, ME or LE...

I wonder if they search all matches in the state before they put the profile on NAMUS and related sites...

YaYa_521 and Davia18 like this.
  4. Davia18

Davia18 Verified Human

Mohave County Sheriff's Office

The unidentified female juvenile was discovered on September 28, 2016 in a desert area off the roadway of Highway 93 north of Dolan Springs. Deputies and Detectives responded to the area, where a call came in from a couple who had been out hiking and had discovered the body. The identity and cause of death of the juvenile has not yet been determined ...and Detectives are still actively seeking information that could lead to her identification.

5. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

6. graycats83

graycats83 Member

YaYa_521 and Skillz like this.
  7. Davia18

Davia18 Verified Human

8. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Victoria Williams from Essex NJ has been added to the list of those ruled out.

9. GoldenFleece

GoldenFleece Member

How can you view ruleouts? I cant see them on namus since the website changed. Many thanks.

YaYa_521 likes this.
  10. carbuff

You need to set up an account with Namus. I think the directions are on the main page. Then make sure you're logged into that account before you view the page. You should see a new tab labeled "comparisons" with the list of people they've been compared to. New to the new version: you can see what unidentified people a missing person has been compared to.

People outside the US can't get accounts, so if they need to know about a rule out, they can just post a query and one of us who do have accounts can look it up.

11. GoldenFleece

GoldenFleece Member

Thanks. Yeah I'm outside US so never set up an account.

YaYa_521 and carbuff like this.
  12. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

Unidentified girl buried in Arizona following 3-year inquiry
    [​IMG]
    KINGMAN, Ariz. (AP) — The body of a teenager discovered near an Arizona highway three years ago has been buried without the discovery of her identity despite an extensive investigation.

The girl was laid to rest Thursday with the help of a funeral home and cemetery, The Kingman Daily Miner reported.

“It was just the right thing to do,” said James Sutton of the Sutton Memorial Funeral Home in Kingman.

Unidentified girl buried in Arizona following 3-year inquiry

YaYa_521 and carbuff like this.
  13. Skillz

Skillz Well-Known Member

That’s a strong possibility. Has anyone checked on Jazzy Philips? I do t know how to use NameUs either.

YaYa_521 and victoriarobinson642 like this.
  14. carbuff

MP25002 Victoria Williams, missing from New Jersey in 2013, has been ruled out.

YaYa_521 and Al Ka like this.
  15. carbuff

Jazzy Philips doesn't have any ruleouts listed on her Namus page.

YaYa_521 and Skillz like this.
  16. Sweetjee

Sweetjee New Member

Is there a Canadian missing person website?

YaYa_521 likes this.
  17. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

this is no longer visible so maybe?

YaYa_521 likes this.
  18. bombardier

bombardier Well-Known Member

Hi Sweetjee, welcome to WebSleuths!
    Our 'official' missing persons site is this one from the RCMP. It's definitely not as useful or all-encompassing as NamUs, and contains 1384 cases at the moment. It also looks like it has not been updated since July. This contains MP cases starting from the early 1900s so if you're looking for info about an older case, this is probably your best resource.
    Another website I often find useful is MissingPeople.ca, if you hover over the 'Missing Persons' tab you can organize by province. Unlike the official one, this one is consistently updated when any articles/publications/alerts about a MP comes out, but you also can't filter your results as by default it will just organize it by date. Sometimes profiles are still up even if the person has been located (so always look up the name before running with a theory!), and I believe this site was started in 2017 so they only contain articles n profiles published in the past 3 years (but they may be profiling cases older than that).

YaYa_521, Sweetjee and Al Ka like this.
  19. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

You can also search unidentified remains on the RCMP site, too.

YaYa_521, Sweetjee and bombardier like this.
  20. Natasha Mullins

Natasha Mullins Active Member

I wrote an article on this case recently: Mohave Jane Doe — The Teenager No One Can Name
    This case has always stuck out to me because it seems uncanny that she would remain unidentified for so long. She would be a perfect candidate for genealogical DNA. I hope that it's being considered.

Skillz, YaYa_521, annemc2 and 7 others like this.