AZ AZ - Morgan Heimer, 22, Grand Canyon National Park, 2 June 2015

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by los2188, Jun 3, 2015.

1. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Well-Known Member

4 months later still nothing :(

2. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member

Very strange. Also odd that there doesn't seem to be any Facebook, or blog updates??

3. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

The Colorado is a mighty river with long inaccessible stretches except for rafters rushing thru, wild rapids, and complex geology above and below the surface that could easily snag a body. I think he's there for sure - like many 22 year olds, probably didn't realize a move he was making was very risky.

Rtael likes this.
  4. drjones

drjones Former Member

over a year now and nothing... very sad.

was just reminded of morgan due to the man who went missing at the canyon over the weekend.

5. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

I was just researching Diana Zacharias' case and happened upon this one. How strange that this young man disappeared in this way. What is going on ? I'm starting to believe that Paulides may be on to something. Not really, but still..... well, who knows. So very sad.
    And just to note: I came across a forum where someone that was on that tour stated that the circumstances surrounding his disappearance "were really strange". He wouldn't elaborate because it was on a "public forum". I just hope he disclosed all that he knows to LE. https://kategale.wordpress.com/2015...sin-lisas-son-has-been-missing-since-tuesday/

tarabull likes this.
  6. Bigmike17

Bigmike17 Active Member

We were at the Grand Canyon South rim about 2 weeks after Morgan went missing, I do not recall seeing any flyers around the park or on the information boards regarding him being missing. I find that to be strange in itself.

inmyhumbleopinion and tarabull like this.
  7. neesaki

This is posted over on Paulides CanAm Missing website. I wonder if the employee that contacted him is the same poster that posted the comment on the blog that is linked up thread.... or not, as it states they were all completely baffled at Morgan's disappearance. It also seems to clarify why Morgan was wearing his life preserver.

http://www.canammissing.com/current_events.html

BBM:

inmyhumbleopinion likes this.
  8. neesaki

9. Krimi

Krimi Member

Just not enough info. What kind of crew were doing the tour ? Was there any conflict between Heimer and others ? What was his personality like ? He could have been murdered for all we can surmise from the non information. On his cousins blog someone claiming to have been in the group left a totally non informative post - thanks for nothing.

10. ADKGemini

ADKGemini Well-Known Member

Added to Charley Project: Morgan Elias Heimer – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
    Heimer was last seen on the Colorado River within Grand Canyon National Park on June 2, 2015. He was working as a guide for Tour West, a commercial rafting company, and was on day six of an eight-day whitewater rafting trip when he went missing.

He was last seen standing with the tour group on a low cliff at the water's edge in the vicinity of River Mile 213, near Pumpkin Springs, at 4:00 p.m. The guides had taken the group up a side creek and were walking back to the boats at the time.

Heimer said something to the lead guide about taking some time off that afternoon. The lead guide walked away from the cliff to talk to a client, and when he looked back, Heimer was gone. The guide assumed he'd gone on break. No one realized he was missing until 7:00 p.m., when he didn't show up for dinner and they were unable to find him. He has never been heard from again.

Heimer is from Cody, Wyoming and was enrolled at the University of Wyoming, studying English. He is an experienced outdoorsman and river guide, and an excellent swimmer. An extensive search turned up no indication of his whereabouts.

11. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Name: Morgan Heimer

Missing from: Grand Canyon National Park

Date Missing: June 2, 2015

Description: Heimer was 22 years old when he went missing. White male, 6’0” tall, 175 pounds, blond hair and blue eyes. Last seen wearing dark-colored Astral personal flotation device, a blue plaid long sleeve shirt, Chaco brand sandals, a maroon baseball cap, and brightly colored shorts. Carrying a purple water bottle.

Case Info: Heimer was last seen on Tuesday, June 2, 2015 around Colorado River mile 213 near Pumpkin Springs. The search for Heimer is in continuous, limited mode.

Cold Cases - Investigative Services (U.S. National Park Service)

[​IMG]

12. ADKGemini

ADKGemini Well-Known Member

inmyhumbleopinion and j_in_c like this.
  13. iamnotagolem

Goodness, we're coming up on 5 years. I assumed by now they'd have found his body. How strange.

14. Grifynne

Grifynne Active Member

This one strikes me as so weird. It seems unlikely he intentionally left for this long. Everything I hear about the situation sounds like an unlikely scenario for someone to disappear and not be found.

15. iamnotagolem

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  16. Rtael

Rtael Member

Probably not.

17. Stokeshe

Stokeshe Active Member

The unfortunate likelihood, in my opinion, is that he slipped into a a deep crevasse or steep drop that would prove nearly impossible to investigate. It's very sad - and possible he was taking the afternoon off to take a hike and enjoy nature. I think this is the uncomfortable truth for a lot of "without a trace" disappearances: they lose footing and slip or stumble into a steep crack/drop or in other environments plunge through an icy river covering and get snagged underwater. In both cases, nothing would be left behind and it would be extremely hard to find the body.

The other possibility is that he was taking the afternoon off to meet up with someone to leave the park by car? It seems like this would be an easier lead to follow up on if there are limited number of exits...

iamnotagolem likes this.
  18. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

Sounds like misadventure. How tragic for him and his family. I truly hope he will be found soon.