AZ - Nick Cordova, 40, murder caught on surveillance video, Gilbert, May 27,2020

I vaguely knew of this case but took a closer look yesterday. Heart wrenching listening to the 911 call. So very sorry for AC and her children and his extended family and friends.

My initial thoughts:

NC was most definitely targeted, but why? Job gone bad? Perp could have sued. Also, then why not include “silent” partner in attack. Hit on the head?? Yeah, right! First and foremost, follow the money. Who benefits here? Whose doing the books? Someone cooking the books?

No doubt LE are following the money as much as trying to locate the suspects. This may take a while, but I would bet LE have a POI and motive. POI may not only be the two that did the deed. JMHO
I totaly agree. On the 911 call which must have been on speaker because both kids were listening and watching, she could hear DMS saying OMG. She called his name multiple times why didn't he answer her or call 911 himself? I feel so sad for his wife and kids, having that as the last contact with her husband and their father. So sad. Moo.

Anyone know of the business had a key man policy on the deceased? May have been required if they had a credit facility.

If I am understanding your question correctly, the deceased was one of the owners of the business. I have seen discussion about the possibility that his “silent partner” had a policy on Nick with the partner as beneficiary. I do not know that to be a fact.

I’m not sure what you mean by “credit facility”? This was an air-condition business.

If I am understanding your question correctly, the deceased was one of the owners of the business. I have seen discussion about the possibility that his “silent partner” had a policy on Nick with the partner as beneficiary. I do not know that to be a fact.

I’m not sure what you mean by “credit facility”? This was an air-condition business.

If you have a significant loan with a bank, they may require life insurance as protection for the loan.

Here is the 911 call for those who may have missed it. ETA brought forward from TKG' S post.
The police are in the building from the 5.41 mark into the call.
Are we allowed to discuss what we think we hear in the background? What I hear seems to be in reverse of what it should be, as in reaction/behaviour of DS, if that makes any sense. There's a couple of free apps, ClipGrab and Audacity, might help a bit with hearing what's going on in the background.
It's strange the two suspects went in .... why didn't one just wait in the car for that quick get-away. That's a bit odd MOO.

I can't really make out what is going on in the background every time I listen I think I hear something different but I will try to grab one of those apps and check it out again to see what I can find. This whole case as far as DS goes seems sketchy to me I really feel like that is going to be the key to solving this thing. I feel like Nick was the target here but why is the question. I'm leaning towards money being the motive.

At first I was thinking that the silent partner was in shock during the 911 call/FaceTime.

Then I wondered if the silence and shock was because the partner suddenly realized the wife was on the open line with him. I think it’s possible that the perps attacked without realizing Nick was on the video call with his family. Once that realization set in.....pure speculation on my part.

ETA that listening to that call was heartbreaking. I cannot imagine what Nick’s wife must be feeling. She was so strong for her kids in the midst of her panic and I think the world of her. Praying for her and those kids.

LE are in the building from the 5.41 mark into the call. Are we allowed to discuss what we think we hear in the background before LE arrive? What I hear seems to be in reverse of what it should be, as in reaction/behaviour of DS, if that makes any sense. There's a couple of free apps, ClipGrab and Audacity, might help a bit with hearing what's going on in the background, I've converted it into an mp3. Would be interested to find out what you're all hearing, probably not permitted here on the thread though?
It's strange the two suspects went in .... why didn't one just wait in the car for that quick get-away. That's a bit odd MOO.

I believe that is fine to discuss as long as it’s not stated as fact and just your speculation.

I really hope that LE has a lot more evidence to go on than what little they have shared with the public. I know that they have to keep investigations closely guarded but if they are not getting anywhere with what they have put I would think the next logical step would be to release a little more. Like the vehicle the suspects were driving or any description or picture of the second suspect. I know the news articles mention a second suspect but LE has not released any information about this person and I wonder why?

IMO the perp who entered the gas station is of hispanic descent.
IMO LE has not disclosed the vehicle description or perp#2 for fear that they will ditch the vehicle and/or flee across the border.
Just pure speculation on my part.

IMO the perp who entered the gas station is of hispanic descent.
IMO LE has not disclosed the vehicle description or perp#2 for fear that they will ditch the vehicle and/or flee across the border.
Just pure speculation on my part.
That could be a very good possibility I agree that suspect #1 looks to be hispanic. A few people have said he could be native american but I just don't see it. I really hope he hasn't already fled across the border it isn't a long way from where he was last seen.

That could be a very good possibility I agree that suspect #1 looks to be hispanic. A few people have said he could be native american but I just don't see it. I really hope he hasn't already fled across the border it isn't a long way from where he was last seen.
Makes sense to me as well that IF it was a murder for hire situation and they were so brazen with all the CCTV’s around, that they intended all along to take that $$$$$ three hours south and flip it into a significant sum for their family.

I can't really make out what is going on in the background every time I listen I think I hear something different but I will try to grab one of those apps and check it out again to see what I can find. This whole case as far as DS goes seems sketchy to me I really feel like that is going to be the key to solving this thing. I feel like Nick was the target here but why is the question. I'm leaning towards money being the motive.
If you read up on this guys history (DS), he is as shady as they come.

I absolutely believe Nick's death is going to be attributable to something this shady person was either involved in, if not directly ordered by him (MFH).
But how dumb is he? The circumstances stink to high heaven and point directly back to him, IMO.

At 0.39 seconds into the 911 call after Alysha says "No.13" ..... MOO, I hear a voice in the background say "Oh, who's that?" Anyone else hearing that, pretty interesting if it's DS.
Good catch. I hear more like a “Ohh” (pain or faking it)
Followed by
“Who was that?”
Or
“Who is that?”

Both questions are very very very important and take different turns if they are the silent partner.

The “Who is that?” bears the question of
#1 who is saying that
#2 they just realized his phone was active/facetiming and realized oh shiz

At 0.39 seconds into the 911 call after Alysha says "No.13" ..... MOO, I hear a voice in the background say "Oh, who's that?" Anyone else hearing that, pretty interesting if it's DS.
It was hard to make out what was being said but it sounded like "Oh who's that?" or "Oh who's there?" Then when she was asking where's Nick DS either says "I shot him" or "they got him" I couldn't tell which was said because every time I played it back it sounded a little different to me. I wish there was a way to clean it up and just hear the background but I haven't found a way to do that yet.

I have been trying to dig into that angle too and I find it odd that the silent partner who normally only comes into the office once a month according to Nicks wife was there three days that week Monday thru Wednesday with Wednesday being the day Nick was murdered. Also found it interesting that per the wife Nick always locked the door after the secretary leaves for the day she left at 5pm leaving only Nick and the partner in the office so either Nick forgot to lock the door or he did lock the door and he or the partner unlocked the door to let these people inside. I don't know but something about this seems strange all the way around what reason would these people have to come in and kill Nick but leave the partner? If it was a robbery they wouldn't leave a witness and it hasn't been reported as a robbery just a murder. So I don't really know what to think at this point the partner isn't talking from what I can see.
I agree that something seems strange with the whole scenario.
I am just catching up in here so maybe there is other news as I read through the thread.
First thought, it sounds like a personal execution.
And possibly not personal by the shooters, but someone could have paid them JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back