AZ AZ: Rallas Ramos or Rayas, Joel or Sirilio, near Rio Rico, found 7/31/2015 #UCP70250

Grungster

Reaction score
On July 31, 2015, a rancher discovered the naked, decomposing body of a man, floating on the bank of the Santa Cruz River, in Rio Rico, Arizona. He is believed to have been in the water for multiple weeks before being found. With no idea who he was, they took his fingerprints, and were matched to one individual. He had been arrested by USBP after trying to cross the border (presumably), and had given the name "Joel Rallas-Ramos, and listed his birth year as 1946. Upon trying to contact his family, the authorities discovered he had also been arrested in 1987. He had also given a birth year of 1946, but he gave a different name, "Sirilio Rayas". Both names have determined to be aliases, and 4 years on, his true identity remains unknown.
Original

On July 31, 2015, a rancher discovered the naked, decomposing body of a man, floating on the bank of the Santa Cruz River, in Rio Rico, Arizona. He is believed to have been in the water for multiple weeks before being found. With no idea who he was, they took his fingerprints, and were matched to one individual. He had been arrested by USBP after trying to cross the border (presumably), and had given the name "Joel Rallas-Ramos, and listed his birth year as 1946. Upon trying to contact his family, the authorities discovered he had also been arrested in 1987. He had also given a birth year of 1946, but he gave a different name, "Sirilio Rayas". Both names have determined to be aliases, and 4 years on, his true identity remains unknown.
Original

One thing I should also mention is that "Sirilio'' had been arrested by Miami LE. Why? I can only guess because he tried to enter Florida, presumably from Cuba, or somewhere in the Carribean

His NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

#UP14479
ME/C Case Number ML15-01864

Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 70
Estimated Age Range 40-65
Estimated Year of Death 2015
Estimated PMI Weeks
Height 5' 5"(65 inches) , Measured
Weight 106 lbs, Measured

Location near Rio Rico, Arizona
County Santa Cruz County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped) 31.46345 -110.98145

Circumstances of Recovery A decomposed body was found by a rancher. Recent fingerprint matches to an individual who was arrested in Florida in 1987 and claimed his name was "Sirilio Rayas." Second fingerprint match to a 2010 USBP apprehension/deportation record under the name "Joel Rallas-Ramos." Year of birth appears to be 1946 and Mexican citizenship is claimed. AAA

Circumstance Notes
Found nude on the bank of the Santa Cruz River near Rio Rico, AZ.

Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Tattoo Black-ink tattoo on back of right hand, near thumb (see photos)

Thumbnail

Thanks, I really hope this man will be named soon. I wonder what happened to him. The fact he was found naked makes his death EXTREMELY suspicious.

I think I found an arrest record, I sent it to Bruce Anderson of the PCOME and he was only aware of a Florida arrest record, he said that he will be calling AZDOC today.

Last edited:
he may have used the inmate's identity at some point, maybe they had crossed paths. when i worked at jail, a lot of undocumented folks gave different names all the times they had minor arrests. they would come back w all names and DOBS on the livescan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back