Found Deceased AZ - Robert Coody, 66, Vulnerable adult last seen driving jeep leaving work, Cottonwood, 10 June 2022

Unsolved

Reaction score
Re "Vulnerable Adult" = Robert has a cognitive disability.

"A 66-year-old man is sought after he was reported missing in Cottonwood, Ariz. Friday.

According to a release shared by Arizona Department of Public Safety Tuesday, Robert Coody was last seen driving a red 1985 Jeep 2D near 636 N. Main St. near 10th Street on Friday, June 10.

DPS said Coody was last seen leaving work in the late afternoon.

The 66-year-old's red jeep was said to have a black hard top and yellow fog lights on the front bumper. Its vehicle license plate is 29CF.

Coody was described to be a White male who has blue eyes and brown hair. He was said to be 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weigh 222 pounds.

Officials say he suffers from a cognitive disability.

"A Cottonwood man was reported missing Monday after not reporting to work. He had possibly been on Mingus Mountain during the weekend.

Robert Allen Coody, 66, was last seen Friday, June 10. He was scheduled to be at work Monday but did not show up.

According to Cottonwood Police Department, Coody also did not visit his father on Sunday as he was scheduled to do.

“A check on his phone shows him around 700 meters from the phone tower on Mingus Mountain, and the information was provided to YCSO Search and Rescue,” CPD Sgt. Chad Sinn said.

<and>

"He has health issues that require medication," Sinn said. "If encountered he may have trouble communicating."

1656810972292.png

1656810795233.png

June 10 was a Friday. Was it normal for Robert to head out for weekend getaways to Mingus Mtn (or elsewhere)? It doesn't appear there have been any official searches by LE/SAR which is likely due to the fact that other than the phone ping it would be hard to know where to search. Many of his family and friends have tagged his FB profile when posting about his disappearance. Some of the comments provide good information on all the places he may have gone, especially the 17 June post linked to the drone search video. I'm hoping the best for Robert, but it's been three weeks. :( MOO

Robert Coody FB page

Bumping for Mr. Coody.

So many friends posting on Facebook about missing him!

Another SAR effort & drone deployment in last phone ping location could be valuable. I believe he's out there somewhere. His elderly father whom he regularly visited deserves answers.

MOO

His vehicle should be findable & he may not be too far from it. I hope they will publicize his missing poster in a 200-mile radius, especially at trailheads.

I see friends commenting about missing him on Facebook. Maybe they will push for a renewed search. Drones might help.

He was a creature of habit from what I can tell & regularly visited his elderly father.

So sad he is still missing.

Cottonwood Police Cancel Silver Alert For Missing 66-Year-Old Man, Found Deceased Near His Vehicle

The Cottonwood Police Department has canceled their Silver Alert for a missing 66-year-old Cottonwood man, who was last seen leaving work June 10th. It was reported that Robert Coody didn’t attend work the following day and hadn’t been home for several days to care for his animals. A Silver Alert was issued state-wide, but still search efforts were unsuccessful. Then on August 8th, YCSO deputies and Clarkdale Police officers responded to a call from a citizen who had found a vehicle and a deceased man near the vehicle near Sycamore Canyon Road. YCSO later discovered the deceased man was believed to be Coody. The Yavapai County Medical Examiner’s Office assisted in the investigation and no foul play is suspected.

This is so sad. I hope whatever it is that caused his death happened quickly and he did not suffer.
Rest in peace, Mr. Coody. :(

Cottonwood Police Cancel Silver Alert For Missing 66-Year-Old Man, Found Deceased Near His Vehicle

The Cottonwood Police Department has canceled their Silver Alert for a missing 66-year-old Cottonwood man, who was last seen leaving work June 10th. It was reported that Robert Coody didn’t attend work the following day and hadn’t been home for several days to care for his animals. A Silver Alert was issued state-wide, but still search efforts were unsuccessful. Then on August 8th, YCSO deputies and Clarkdale Police officers responded to a call from a citizen who had found a vehicle and a deceased man near the vehicle near Sycamore Canyon Road. YCSO later discovered the deceased man was believed to be Coody. The Yavapai County Medical Examiner’s Office assisted in the investigation and no foul play is suspected.
RIP, sir!

This is so sad. I hope whatever it is that caused his death happened quickly and he did not suffer.
Rest in peace, Mr. Coody. :(
So sad it took two months for him to be found. I just don't understand that. His family & friends can now lay him to rest. I'm glad they have that closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back