Found Deceased AZ - Sara Jean Galloway, 38, Tucson, Pima County, 21 March 2019 *Down Syndrome*

Has this been posted about a boyfriend?

Missing Persons Cases Network

The facebook post would not let me copy any text. Basically Sarah named the guy. Evidently he has an alibi.

Here's the quote you're referring to: "[Sherry] Galloway has spent months replaying the delusions her daughter was experiencing right before she disappeared. “But she changed. She changed dramatically. She wouldn’t listen to anything I’d say; she wouldn’t get up and go anywhere with me,” Galloway told KGUN 9 TV. “She was running outside doing strange things, throwing rocks at my windows, saying she was going to break my trailer, going up to the car that her and her boyfriend, husband, were going to steal and when you ask her who her husband is, she would name him and I don’t think I’m allowed to name him on camera so, I just keep my thoughts to myself because he had an alibi.” In the meantime, Pima County Sheriff’s Department says they continue to investigate any and all leads related to Sarah’s disappearance."

Mysterious Disappearance of Arizona Woman With Down Syndrome

Here's the quote you're referring to: "[Sherry] Galloway has spent months replaying the delusions her daughter was experiencing right before she disappeared. “But she changed. She changed dramatically. She wouldn’t listen to anything I’d say; she wouldn’t get up and go anywhere with me,” Galloway told KGUN 9 TV. “She was running outside doing strange things, throwing rocks at my windows, saying she was going to break my trailer, going up to the car that her and her boyfriend, husband, were going to steal and when you ask her who her husband is, she would name him and I don’t think I’m allowed to name him on camera so, I just keep my thoughts to myself because he had an alibi.” In the meantime, Pima County Sheriff’s Department says they continue to investigate any and all leads related to Sarah’s disappearance."

Mysterious Disappearance of Arizona Woman With Down Syndrome

thank you!

We lost my cousin who had Down syndrome at age 41. This was just three years after she started displaying worrying symptoms with paranoia, etc. At first it was assumed that it may have been menopause, however, it turned out to be early-onset Alzheimer’s. This is now known to happen to some people with Downs, and it is early and brutally quick in progression. Maybe something like this was happening to Sara?

I keep Sara and her mom in my thoughts. I know how difficult it would have been for my aunt to have my cousin disappear. Losing her to Alzheimer’s was awful, but she was loved and at home to the end.

We lost my cousin who had Down syndrome at age 41. This was just three years after she started displaying worrying symptoms with paranoia, etc. At first it was assumed that it may have been menopause, however, it turned out to be early-onset Alzheimer’s. This is now known to happen to some people with Downs, and it is early and brutally quick in progression. Maybe something like this was happening to Sara?

I keep Sara and her mom in my thoughts. I know how difficult it would have been for my aunt to have my cousin disappear. Losing her to Alzheimer’s was awful, but she was loved and at home to the end.
Very good insight. I believe that’s exactly what’s happened here, especially after reading the last link on this thread.
I also looked this up- “Estimates suggest that 50 percent or more of people with Down syndrome will develop dementia due to Alzheimer’s disease as they age.”
Alzheimer's Disease in People with Down Syndrome
:(

Very good insight. I believe that’s exactly what’s happened here, especially after reading the last link on this thread.
I also looked this up- “Estimates suggest that 50 percent or more of people with Down syndrome will develop dementia due to Alzheimer’s disease as they age.”
Alzheimer's Disease in People with Down Syndrome
:(
That is harrowing. Heartbreaking. I believe they need more research funding on that!

Who would she have gone with, if she went willingly? I should think they could narrow that down.

Has this been posted about a boyfriend?

Missing Persons Cases Network

The facebook post would not let me copy any text. Basically Sarah named the guy. Evidently he has an alibi.
I can say with my son, he often says a lot of his female friends are his “girlfriend”. That is not the case at all, they just love him for him. He is not able to discern those kind of relationships. It’s also sad because “everyone” is his friend. We are trying to make him understand that aspect of emotion. So, for me her saying she having a “boyfriend” doesn’t strike me as being the way we think of as boyfriend. I don’t hold much stock in that statement from my personal experience. Believe me, I hear this a lot. Knowing my son will be able to attend college classes in a couple of years, it’s really something that my husband, myself and his teachers at school are incorporating into his IEP.

Once again I still have so many questions. I have a son that is developmentally disabled. I also worked for years with many disabled adults. Yes, people with Down syndrome do get Alzheimer's. I've witnessed it many times. What bothers me about this case is that most are assuming that she just ran off with someone. There are pages on Facebook for her. They will not allow anyone to ask questions about family, friends of family etc.
There is so much I want to discuss like why did the search dogs lose her scent at the end of her driveway? Who went in and out of her house. I don't want to upset anyone, but I feel there is more to this. She's been gone too long. It just seems to me that because she's developmentally disabled they are not looking at this case like they would a person who was not Down syndrome. That really bothers me so much. If this post offends anyone, I am not accusing anyone. But why not unturn every stone? She deserves that.

Almost 5 months. :(
g40104.gif

#FindSarah #PleaseComeHome #BringHerBack

I hate to say this, but I don't think she is alive. I think she took off with someone, maybe she thought they were a friend to her, and something awful happened along the way. So heartbreaking, but after all of this time, how would she live on her own, with no money, no food or water, no clean clothes, no place to live? I just don't feel she has the means to do this on her own.

July 25th post from the Finding Sara Galloway Facebook page. Lots of comments. Glad to hear they are continuing to search.
Finding Sarah Galloway

Thanks for updates on the efforts to find Sarah, Posters, suggestions etc. Will leave this group as the Galloway and extended family has formed a group. for factual information sharing only. No opinions, no reflections, New poster being sent to Nogales and other border cities.Hopefully xxxxxxxxxx will start to receive donations to be used for a reward. Money talks. Family search is ongoing with walking public areas and showing Sarah's photo and info., traveling to various sites off the beaten path looking for her or any info. Any concrete information will be shared with law enforcement and NamUS. The volunteer initial search parties did a super job, giving their time to walk miles in search of anything that would point to Sarah's disappearance. The entire family is grateful for their efforts and care. I think now the current group has become more of a venting venue both negative and positive and is not conducive to the real issue of where is Sarah? God bless all who care.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back