AZ - Superstition Mtns, Remains found in crevice, Nov'12 - Jesse Capen

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by AWOLNATION, Dec 2, 2012.

1. AWOLNATION

AWOLNATION Inactive

2. Loading...

3. AWOLNATION

AWOLNATION Inactive

4. AWOLNATION

AWOLNATION Inactive

5. Leomoon80

Leomoon80 New Member

Very interesting Disappeared segment if anyone can catch it.
    He was quite secretive and his family had no idea how much he was obsessed with the legendary Superstition Mts and gold treasure said to be hidden there.

Interesting that sometimes, our closest relatives are so secretive this way. He was a Bell Hop in Denver, and this is what he did with his spare time. Studied and researched practically 24-7 on the subject itself.

R.I.P. Jesse

6. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

I found it interesting his remains were found so close to the Disappeared show airing on Discovery ID.

I haven't seen an update indicating there has been official word on an ID, but it sounds like this is probably Jesse. Keeping his family, friends and all who searched in my prayers during this wait for an official id. :praying:

7. neverletgo

neverletgo Active Member

Snipped from [URL="http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/29/body-found-in-arizona-superstition-mountains-believed-to-that-missing-treasure/]here[/URL]:

[URL="http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/29/body-found-in-arizona-superstition-mountains-believed-to-that-missing-treasure/]Source[/URL]

8. neverletgo

neverletgo Active Member

Snipped from another recent article here:

Source

9. neverletgo

neverletgo Active Member

Two pictures from the above link

Source

10. neverletgo

neverletgo Active Member

:bump:

Has anyone heard any more news on these remains? I can't find any updated articles; however, I guess it is expected that it might take awhile for tests to be done.

[​IMG]

(((trying not to be so impatient)))

11. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...esert-confirmed-denver-gold-seeker?source=rss

POSTED: 01/23/2013 02:36:44 PM MST
    UPDATED: 01/23/2013 11:45:18 PM MST
    By Kirk Mitchell
    The Denver Post

12. Leomoon80

Leomoon80 New Member

I can see the Supers (as we call them) from my front window and this rugged mountain or series of mountains some say is the southernmost tip of the Rockies, is about as rugged as they get.

They are beautiful and alluring but they do claim a lot of lives. Mostly gold hunters for the legendary Apache Gold known as the Lost Dutchman's hidden mine. One article in the Republic not long ago spoke of the many who disappeared in just recent times there, and Jesse among them.
    The writer mentioned that the proximity to the growing metropolis of people around them, makes them appear less dangerous and a nearby fascinating outting, which of course they are dangerous once one gets off the official trails, they can easily get turned around and lost.Often without the necessary supplies or water.

People quite often tend to do this too.

Over the centuries, the lure brings them looking from all over the world.

Those in the mountains (the old timers) often stake a claim on their area, and that can be dangerous too, to one's health I'd think.

I'm glad at least that his parents have the answer of what happened to their son.

13. missingnotforgotten

missingnotforgotten New Member

I watched this about a week ago. Goes to show that family members are not always as informed as they believe they are, as to everything about their relative's habits, what they would and would not do, and so forth. We like to believe we know people so well, but many people are private and don't reveal all to their loved ones.

Although his death was very unfortunate, I'm relieved for this family to find closure and at least be able to know that their son likely died by accident and wasn't murdered.