GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know more about the campground. Is it lit up. I've been to AZ. Up north it is pitch black at night outside of the stars. I'm trying to imagine how a child would even walk out into the dark in the middle of the night. My almost 8 year old will just now allow the bathroom light off. (No night light or hall light but he wants the bathroom light on down the hall for a little light).

Would a 2 yr old really walk away into a pitch black night?

Please be found safe Syler!

BBM
We're almost near a full moon:
http://www.moonconnection.com/moon_phases_calendar.phtml
Not sure about the cloud cover though.

beavercreek_camp.gif

http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/recreation/red_rock/beavercreek-camp.shtml

My son is 2 1/2. He wakes up in the middle of the night to get a drink or to climb into our bed. Scares me to leave him sleeping in another room,so for now he sleeps with us because of this. He didn't do this until he was about 1 1/2 or 2. He slept through the night when he was a baby. (for those wondering if a two year old could wake up in the middle of the night and walk around)

From the link -

"The cool, clear waters of nearby Wet Beaver Creek provide an http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/recreation/red_rock/red_rock_graphics/beavercreek-photo2.jpgexcellent place to fish, hike, swim, wade, and bird watch, all within a few steps of your campsite."

The creek so close by is definitely frightening. :(

Ok so thinking about this ...

IF he was in a tent with the other children, the kids could have left the tent unzipped not thinking about it. IF the baby woke up looking for mom, he could have wandered off just from being confused.

With the moon almost full there would be alot of light, but I just do not see this little one unzipping a tent at night. It is hard enough to try and get them undone when you are an adult especially with no light....
I wonder if noises woke him and he went on an adventure looking for an animal, prayers ....

Possible if they were in more than one tent.
Do we know there was more than one tent?

When we used to camp, we as the adults always slept by the door, kind of blocking it. The children were toward the back of the tent and would have had to climb over us to get out. I wonder if this was one of those multiple room tents?

I also wonder how close the tent was to the creek? Had the kids been playing in the creek earlier in the day/evening?

Are there any wild animals in this area?

Yes. There are javelina, bob cats, and coyotes.

The biggest problem would be if he fell off a cliff. I think that he would be hard to spot.

Temps are 96 during the day and 70s at night. He would definitely need water.

I am wondering about homeless in the camp ground. Flagstaff is full of them. I don't know about Rimrock.

When we used to camp, we as the adults always slept by the door, kind of blocking it. The children were toward the back of the tent and would have had to climb over us to get out. I wonder if this was one of those multiple room tents?

I also wonder how close the tent was to the creek? Had the kids been playing in the creek earlier in the day/evening?

Are there any wild animals in this area?

Just the opposite here -- never camped! But I like your idea of the adults sleeping by the door -- makes a lot of sense when you have a toddler round. I'd be pretty scared just thinking about what could happen.

MOO

Mel

I can't find any updates :( What is going on ?

Dwight Develyn, with YCSO, says, “We're obviously very concerned about a 2-year-old wandering around up in this wilderness area. We've brought in over 50 rescue personnel including bloodhounds, horses, we've had helicopter flyovers by DPS Ranger, ATV, tracking teams and on and on to try and locate this child."

The search continues in full force but the new information that there was some sort of custody issue going on between the boy's biological parents and the woman who was with him at the campground should play a part in this investigation. Bloodhounds have been given a piece of Syler's clothing for tracking. Investigators are looking into foul play and are not ruling anything out at this point.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Massiv...away-from-campsite-near-Rimrock-99205609.html

If this is a custody battle, I hope she hid him.......
I hope he is ok somewhere...

I'm not having a good feeling about this right now.

I sure hope LE is able to interview the teens.

Come home safely Syler!

Syler Newton
missing 2 year-old boy

83631a.jpg
Dwight D'Evelyn, a spokesman for the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office, said searchers employed bloodhounds to try to find the boy's scent. Also searchers on horseback and ATVs have been scouring the area.

A Department of Public Safety helicopter also flew over the area, trying to catch a glimpse of the child.

Detectives interviewed about 20 people who were camping at the site, D'Evelyn said. Also, they are checking into any sex offenders who might be in the area. Late Sunday afternoon, they had yet to determine whether the toddler wandered off or had been kidnapped.

Read more: http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=83631

The campground looks awfully close to the Wet Beaver Creek. No news on if anyone is looking in the creek though.

Also seems like a small campground as well with only 13 sites. They interviewed 20 people, so it doesn't look like it was completely full (if you can assume 2 or more people per site).

This campground is sheltered by a stand of cottonwoods and Arizona sycamores clustered on the banks of Wet Beaver Creek. The cool, clear waters of nearby Wet Beaver Creek provide an excellent place to fish, hike, swim, wade, and bird watch, all within a few steps of your campsite.

The creek is the very first place I would be looking -- an easy walk for a 2 year old :(

MOO

Mel

The campground looks awfully close to the Wet Beaver Creek. No news on if anyone is looking in the creek though.

Also seems like a small campground as well with only 13 sites. They interviewed 20 people, so it doesn't look like it was completely full (if you can assume 2 or more people per site).

This campground is sheltered by a stand of cottonwoods and Arizona sycamores clustered on the banks of Wet Beaver Creek. The cool, clear waters of nearby Wet Beaver Creek provide an excellent place to fish, hike, swim, wade, and bird watch, all within a few steps of your campsite.

The creek is the very first place I would be looking -- an easy walk for a 2 year old :(

MOO

Mel

The video above 2 posts, the sheriff mentions divers coming in to search the creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire