GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.azfamily.com/outbound-fe...away-from-campsite-near-Rimrock-99205609.html

Video here says the teens and Syler were in one tent and the grown-ups in another.

Thanks for the link! New twist, eh? This is getting more and more interesting. May this little boy be found safe.

MEL

The search continues in full force but the new information that there was some sort of custody issue going on between the boy's biological parents and the woman who was with him at the campground should play a part in this investigation.

Bloodhounds have been given a piece of Syler's clothing for tracking. Investigators are looking into foul play and are not ruling anything out at this point.

this is two scary....I wonder if anyone found anymore photos of this little guy.

I would think even if he got out he be crying if he got lost and no one around him.

This is madness!!! :(

Wonder if Bio mom snuck in and took him ?

Wonder if Bio mom snuck in and took him ?

How would bio mom know he was there?

just thinking.....

I sure hope he is found soon.

I wonder how many campers were there.
How close are the camp sites for each camper? Would someone else have been awoken by Syler if he was awake and crying or was there too much distance between where the tents were set up. I can see teenagers sleeping through a child waking..... but WHY would this lady let the baby sleep with the teens? :banghead: I wonder if he awoke and went looking for this lady.

I wonder what the history is with why she is in a custody battle with his bio parents. Does he know this lady as mommy? And no one heard a child crying for mommy? I sware when I am outside and I hear mommy from a distance, as a mother - we are on alert - no matter whose child it is. When one hears mommy from 50-200' away they almost all sound the same.

Come home safely Syler!

i keep bouncing in and out of here waiting for some good news.
Where's this baby?
praying for Syler.

The campground info I read said there were 13 sites, semi private and another article said about 25 people were camping last night. With the custody dispute going on, the scent ending, I wonder if one of the bio parents took him? It's hot out here and that's a rocky area, and with the water nearby, I just hope they find him soon.

http://www.tripleblaze.com/2/672/Campgrounds/Beaver-Creek.html

I don't know Cubby how bio mom might know, could be she knows just from keeping tabs. If it is a bitter dispute it may be a " If I can't have him, neither can you " type of situation.
Syler is only 2 years old, perhaps mom lost her rights over drugs or domestic situation...
I cant believe they let the babe sleep with the kids in the tent, I sure hope he is found safe....

Here's a link to live scanner feeds for Arizona counties. I think it's Yavapai Co Sheriffs Office handling the search?:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=106

Click on the speaker icon in 1st column to listen (choose from Windows Media Player, etc)

Thank you Christee!

We now have a thread in the Scanner Forum for the search. Please remember not to post what you hear on the scanner in the public forum, but you may link to the Scanner Forum.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Praying for sweet little Syler! :praying:

SNIPPED.........................................................

Investigators said Sylar is in the process of being adopted by the family he was camping with. The boy’s biological mother has not been found but investigators at this point have no reason to believe he was taken from the camp site.

A relative of the adoptive family said that he loved the water and does not feel that his biological mother had anything to do with his dissapearance.

http://www.kpho.com/news/24387159/detail.html

Interesting that they cant find Bio mom, could be nothing and could be something....

I have to go to bed and try and sleep.... I just pray this baby is found safely before I wake. Keep him safe in a bubble of love until he is found...

:praying: for Syler but I fear his love for water may have taken his life.

Possible if they were in more than one tent.
Do we know there was more than one tent?

2nd video in links above indicate grandmother and mother in one tent 2yr and other siblings in another tent. My kids slept in my tent until the age of 10 and then they were allowed to be in a tent adjacent to mine but I was awake all night LOL. Gave up ''tenting'' for sleeping in a van after that:woohoo:

As of this evening, the search is still ongoing. They have a diver on scene as well as others continuing the search for this missing boy. There were at least 25 non-family campers on the campgrounds, all of which who have been interviewed as well as provided YCSO with contact information for further contact.

It has been reported that the "mother" whom Syler was with, is the custodial mother, seeking to adopt him. The biological mother and father have been identified and are currently trying to be located.

Speaking with the aunt to this little boy, we have learned that she received the call this morning while at work that Syler was missing.

"The search and rescue crews will continue searching through the night." Stated Dwight D'Evelyn of the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office earlier this evening.

video update expected in a few minutes

http://www.examiner.com/x-39281-Pho...e-Search-for-missing-2yearold-Boy-near-Sedona

Syler Newton
missing 2 year-old boy

83631a.jpg

Read more: http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=83631

Just look at that face! I bet he's a character, I just want to scoop him up and listen to him giggle away.

I hope he is found safe and soon! :(

If I were a 2 year old, I can see how he'd want to be with his "mother" out there in the darkness. Any thoughts on him leaving the tent to go to the other tent and got lost along the way. I would never ever leave a toddler with a bunch of teens. As a mother, it seems so out of charachter -- don't ya think?

I pray he's found safe.

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members