GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't bash, as I have NO proof -- but this might come up. Does anyone else see a tad Down's Syndrome in Syler? While it may have nothing to do with this case, it could be the reason he was confused and walked off. I'm ONLY speculating based on the picture posted in the missing poster.

Small, low-set ears.

A nasal bridge that looks pushed in.

Irregular and crooked teeth that often come in late and not in the normal sequence

Most children with Down syndrome have mild to moderate cognitive disability.

Again, I'm just speculating here -- based on the picture. But that was my first thought when I saw him.

MOOOOO

Mel

ps: and could't the relatives find a better picture of him - especially with his eyes open??

I can't say mgardner, his head is tilted back too far in the one picture that we have available and he's making what I call a "silly face" and scrunching up his little features so I can't tell to be honest.

I would hope to he** if that were the case, someone would have mentioned it. We went tent camping ALOT with 4 kids, starting when they were in playpens (for corral-ing safety at the time). We all slept together in the same tent, grown-ups in front of the opening always. Never once did a kid voluntarily go outside in the dark for any reason. Now if there were teens only in that tent with the little boy.....Maybe he would have gone outside in the dark to find the "Mama", and maybe the teens never heard it or woke up.

Why again, did everyone figure out he was missing in the middle of the night vs the next morning? Did other people hear a noise, or need to go to the bathroom and notice he was missing???? Had they all been asleep???? Were some of the group still up sitting around the campfire/picnic table playing cards and when they finally crashed and did a head-count, noticed he was not there?????

It's soooooooo quite when it's dark and you're camping...you hear every little creak and rustle.

I can't say mgardner, his head is tilted back too far in the one picture that we have available and he's making what I call a "silly face" and scrunching up his little features so I can't tell to be honest.

Could be -- I hope we get a better picture soon. i don't think anyone could find him based on how he looks in this picture.

Just my opinion....

Mel

How would bio mom know he was there?

just thinking.....

I sure hope he is found soon.

I wonder how many campers were there.
How close are the camp sites for each camper? Would someone else have been awoken by Syler if he was awake and crying or was there too much distance between where the tents were set up. I can see teenagers sleeping through a child waking..... but WHY would this lady let the baby sleep with the teens? :banghead: I wonder if he awoke and went looking for this lady.

I wonder what the history is with why she is in a custody battle with his bio parents. Does he know this lady as mommy? And no one heard a child crying for mommy? I sware when I am outside and I hear mommy from a distance, as a mother - we are on alert - no matter whose child it is. When one hears mommy from 50-200' away they almost all sound the same.

Come home safely Syler!

I hate always being suspicious, but.......I'm suspicious.

I hope the bio mom snatched him and he's safe in his bed.

ETA: Has there been any news reports about Syler having Downs Syndrome? In that one and only picture, I see some Downs traits.

I'm confused too Dr. Know. Nothing about this story is adding up yet.

I'm just at a loss as to where this child is and what could have possibly happened to him.

In the video above (you and darlingal linked) I held my breath when the LE said they had detectives there working to rule out foul play. Call me jaded but I hope that the look on his face when he said that isn't an indication their starting to think foul play might have happened. I don't know when that interview was given in comparison to the earlier report of them not suspecting foul play.

JMHO.

Kat, I'm confused as can be too. I've lived out here for over 35 years in AZ, when my suspicions start, it's for a good reason, mainly to get answers to what I have just been fed by early media/LE reports, just like most missing children cases, the confusion. I hope no foul play, pray he's found safe, and hopefully more info will come soon. Right now it feels uneasy to say the least. Prayers for Slyer.

If I were a 2 year old, I can see how he'd want to be with his "mother" out there in the darkness. Any thoughts on him leaving the tent to go to the other tent and got lost along the way. I would never ever leave a toddler with a bunch of teens. As a mother, it seems so out of charachter -- don't ya think?

I pray he's found safe.

Mel

one word -- YES! I could see it for a few hours say if adults were around the campfire talking adult stuff having something warm to drink etc BUT after that I would be scooping up toddler and taking into MY tent

Down syndrome... a topic I may be able to help on. :woohoo:

Another characteristic of Down syndrome is delayed gross motor skills. It would not be uncommon for a "young" 2 year old with DS to not be walking yet. Especially on rough terrain, that takes longer.

Some kids with DS are also escape artists and wanderers.

Not all kids with DS look like they have it and some without it look like they do.

His eyes don't look almond shaped to me.

His mouth looks large in comparison to most children with DS.

His forehead doesn't look large.

His red cheeks and nose do look familiar to me though. Though he could have been playing in the cold or something. :)

Now the expression itself, I have seen many times. That is the "CHEESE!!!!" face. :)

At the same age...with the similar cheese face.... MY OWN little girl with DS. Just to clarify before I post any pictures of a minor that they are MY pictures and MY child, which are already on multiple websites.

This one is really close to the same expression...I think you can see what I mean about the eyes especially. Ali's eyes are a straight line when she scrunches up her face, Syler's are not.

Ali on the left, Syler on the right.

ali28months.jpg
83631a.jpg

Ali again.

ali28months2.jpg

To make it a short answer... I do not think Syler LOOKS like he has Down syndrome. Though I can't really give a good opinion from this picture. I definitely see the similarities though. It would be ASININE for that to have not been mentioned by now.

It's the eyes which are the biggest indicator to me that Syler does not have DS...

Hopefully we get an ending like Benjamin in Utah...find Syler safe!

Hopefully that made sense... it is late.... lol

All JMHO.

ali89months.jpg

Please don't bash, as I have NO proof -- but this might come up. Does anyone else see a tad Down's Syndrome in Syler? While it may have nothing to do with this case, it could be the reason he was confused and walked off. I'm ONLY speculating based on the picture posted in the missing poster.

Small, low-set ears.

A nasal bridge that looks pushed in.

Irregular and crooked teeth that often come in late and not in the normal sequence

Most children with Down syndrome have mild to moderate cognitive disability.

Again, I'm just speculating here -- based on the picture. But that was my first thought when I saw him.

MOOOOO

Mel

ps: and could't the relatives find a better picture of him - especially with his eyes open??

911 call came in at 2:30 AM to report Sylar missing.

He was seen at (around) 9:30 PM by witness(es) that were non-family at campground. He was seen running around the campground area. (That's just the way it was phrased)

At 12:30 AM is when the family reports they last saw him in his sleeping bag.

At about 1:45 AM family noticed he was missing.

The reason I posted that is because at the very end of the last video that darlin_gal posted (post# 70) the reporter is asking about the timeline. I can't hear what she is saying after she asks clearly.

There was a 45 minute delay between the time the family noticed Sylar missing and the call to 911. Is what I'm taking away from it all.

MsFacetious your daughter is gorgeous :) Thank you for sharing and thank you for your input :)

I"m still confused though, they want to contact Sylar's Bio-Mom to find out why this woman had Sylar in her custody.

I know we don't have enough info, but I had assumed by calling her custodial Mother that it was because she had a court order for physical custody.

I'm not so sure now. I am wondering if they are calling her the custodial Mother because that is what she is saying. Listen to the video in post #70 and give me your thoughts please? TIA.

http://www.kpho.com/news/24387159/detail.html

Yavapai Deputies Actively Search For Missing Child
Sarah Shales Assignment Editor, CBS 5 News
POSTED: 12:46 pm MST July 25, 2010
UPDATED: 7:39 pm MST July 25, 2010

PHOENIX -- Yavapai Sheriff's deputies are currently searching for a missing 2-year-old boy last seen in the Beaver Creek Campground.

Department spokesman Dwight D'Evelyn said Syler Newton was last seen around midnight inside a tent while sleeping with family members. At about 1:45 a.m. Sunday, the family discovered he was missing from his sleeping bag and called 911.

Down syndrome... a topic I may be able to help on. :woohoo:

Another characteristic of Down syndrome is delayed gross motor skills. It would not be uncommon for a "young" 2 year old with DS to not be walking yet. Especially on rough terrain, that takes longer.

Some kids with DS are also escape artists and wanderers.

Not all kids with DS look like they have it and some without it look like they do.

His eyes don't look almond shaped to me.

His mouth looks large in comparison to most children with DS.

His forehead doesn't look large.

His red cheeks and nose do look familiar to me though. Though he could have been playing in the cold or something. :)

Now the expression itself, I have seen many times. That is the "CHEESE!!!!" face. :)

At the same age...with the similar cheese face.... MY OWN little girl with DS. Just to clarify before I post any pictures of a minor that they are MY pictures and MY child, which are already on multiple websites.

This one is really close to the same expression...I think you can see what I mean about the eyes especially. Ali's eyes are a straight line when she scrunches up her face, Syler's are not.

Ali on the left, Syler on the right.

ali28months.jpg
83631a.jpg

Ali again.

ali28months2.jpg

To make it a short answer... I do not think Syler LOOKS like he has Down syndrome. Though I can't really give a good opinion from this picture. I definitely see the similarities though. It would be ASININE for that to have not been mentioned by now.

It's the eyes which are the biggest indicator to me that Syler does not have DS...

Hopefully we get an ending like Benjamin in Utah...find Syler safe!

Hopefully that made sense... it is late.... lol

All JMHO.

ali89months.jpg

Thank you, thank you! BTW, your sweetheart daughter is beautiful.

I really noticed the difference in the shapes of their eyes. I agree, it would be negligent not to have mentioned anything by now.

Prayers for Syler to be sound safe today. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member