AZ AZ - Tempe, HispFem, UP1987, 15-19, hitchhiking, overdose, Apr'02

Not to mention, she allegedly asked the guy if she could live with him. I certainly would want to know her name if they were going to be my roommate. The guy's story is crap. He knows more than he's saying. Also, wasn't he like 50 when this all happened?

I'm not sure you care for age if you need somebody providing your drug addiction, giving you a safe house....no questions asked.

Has anyone considered Yasmen Perez? She is almost an exact match in height, weight, age, hair, and their facial features look almost exactly alike.

It says she was leaving to Mexico with her boyfriend. It's not completely out of the realm of possibilities for her to have ended up in Arizona.

Sometimes, its best to discuss unlikely matches so we can have them ruled out as the deceased in case so when law enforcement/medical examiners/coroners tries to make a connection, they can quickly rule possibilities out since it has already been done.
Also how are people seeing a connection between Tempe Girl and Gabriela? They look literally nothing alike.

Bumping for up-to-date ruleout list please.
Missing Person / NamUs #MP1333Alissa Turney
Date of Last ContactMay 17, 2001
StateAZ
CountyMaricopa

Missing Person / NamUs #MP6354Veronica Martinez
Date of Last ContactMarch 29, 2001
StateCA
CountySan Joaquin

Missing Person / NamUs #MP1066Maria Mauricio
Date of Last ContactJanuary 20, 1997
StateAZ
CountyMaricopa

Missing Person / NamUs #Florinda Lopez
Date of Last Contact--
StateFL
County--

Missing Person / NamUs #Yuliana Escudero
Date of Last Contact--
StateOR
County--

Missing Person / NamUs #Leanne Hausberg
Date of Last Contact--
StateNY
County--

Missing Person / NamUs #MP1333Alissa Turney
Date of Last ContactMay 17, 2001
StateAZ
CountyMaricopa

Missing Person / NamUs #MP6354Veronica Martinez
Date of Last ContactMarch 29, 2001
StateCA
CountySan Joaquin

Missing Person / NamUs #MP1066Maria Mauricio
Date of Last ContactJanuary 20, 1997
StateAZ
CountyMaricopa

Missing Person / NamUs #Florinda Lopez
Date of Last Contact--
StateFL
County--

Missing Person / NamUs #Yuliana Escudero
Date of Last Contact--
StateOR
County--

Missing Person / NamUs #Leanne Hausberg
Date of Last Contact--
StateNY
County--
Awesome! Thank you.

Just updating everyone on the Doe Network potential match for Yasmen Perez -- Doe Network got back to me and said they'd update me before the end of June. I will continue to keep you guys updated.

Also how are people seeing a connection between Tempe Girl and Gabriela? They look literally nothing alike.

In my years on Websleuths, I've seen a lot of cases where what seemed to be an exact appearance match turned out to be not a match, and a lot where the reconstruction and PM were soooo wrong. So I go more by stats and circumstances, especially the timeline. And I keep in mind that in most case files, there's at least one thing wrong. So I, personally, would rule Gabriela out on the tattoo discrepancy, but not appearance.

In my years on Websleuths, I've seen a lot of cases where what seemed to be an exact appearance match turned out to be not a match, and a lot where the reconstruction and PM were soooo wrong. So I go more by stats and circumstances, especially the timeline. And I keep in mind that in most case files, there's at least one thing wrong. So I, personally, would rule Gabriela out on the tattoo discrepancy, but not appearance.
Thanks for explaining this. I'm somewhat new to the true crime world, and Tempe Jane Doe is my pet case. This one has always tugged at my heart strings and also just been intriguing to me considering the backstory. This definitely changes how I view things!

Reading through this...the driver is extremely sketchy. The idea that he "unbuttoned her pants to help her breathe" is just ridiculous. And it doesn't sound like they were just unbuttoned but pulled down. Who on earth would unbutton someone's pants while they were having a seizure? Not to mention the semen-like stains on her pants. I didn't see in the transcribed police files earlier in the thread that they were tested or confirmed to be semen but coupled with the undone pants and exposed breast, I think we can surmise.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe they were having sex when she overdosed and he didn't want his baby mama back home to find out so he dumped her. Maybe she was selling sex to him in exchange for drugs (or maybe that's the reason he picked her up in the first place) and then overdosed so he dumped her to avoid prostitution charges and so his baby mama wouldn't find out. Obviously in both of these cases he is still scum for not taking her to a hospital or properly rendering care. It sounds like he did call 911 but didn't actually communicate what was going on. Maybe he was using a payphone behind the strip mall and saw someone coming so he hung up?

Worst case scenario is he was sexually assaulting her before, during or after she overdosed. Maybe he laced her drugs with something. Do we even know for sure there was a third party drug dealer involved? The driver claims the dealer was there while she overdosed but even if he exists, he may have just sold them the drugs and then left. I suppose if the cocaine was laced, it would have shown up in the toxicology. Plus the ME confirmed there was enough cocaine to be fatal. But regardless there seems to be plenty of circumstantial evidence the driver was engaging is some sort of sexual activity with her. Then he fled to Mexico once the police tracked him down. All sketchy.

I also agree with the conjecture she was an undocumented immigrant. Or at least her family was. That would discourage them from identifying her to the police even if they saw that she was a jane doe. Terribly sad but that's reality for undocumented immigrants here.

Hopefully she can be tracked down through DNA evidence. And if she is and her family is still here, undocumented, I hope they don't face any deportations or harassment. And hopefully the police can get back in contact with the driver and try to push him for more information about what really happened.

Reading through this...the driver is extremely sketchy. The idea that he "unbuttoned her pants to help her breathe" is just ridiculous. And it doesn't sound like they were just unbuttoned but pulled down. Who on earth would unbutton someone's pants while they were having a seizure? Not to mention the semen-like stains on her pants. I didn't see in the transcribed police files earlier in the thread that they were tested or confirmed to be semen but coupled with the undone pants and exposed breast, I think we can surmise.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe they were having sex when she overdosed and he didn't want his baby mama back home to find out so he dumped her. Maybe she was selling sex to him in exchange for drugs (or maybe that's the reason he picked her up in the first place) and then overdosed so he dumped her to avoid prostitution charges and so his baby mama wouldn't find out. Obviously in both of these cases he is still scum for not taking her to a hospital or properly rendering care. It sounds like he did call 911 but didn't actually communicate what was going on. Maybe he was using a payphone behind the strip mall and saw someone coming so he hung up?

Worst case scenario is he was sexually assaulting her before, during or after she overdosed. Maybe he laced her drugs with something. Do we even know for sure there was a third party drug dealer involved? The driver claims the dealer was there while she overdosed but even if he exists, he may have just sold them the drugs and then left. I suppose if the cocaine was laced, it would have shown up in the toxicology. Plus the ME confirmed there was enough cocaine to be fatal. But regardless there seems to be plenty of circumstantial evidence the driver was engaging is some sort of sexual activity with her. Then he fled to Mexico once the police tracked him down. All sketchy.

I also agree with the conjecture she was an undocumented immigrant. Or at least her family was. That would discourage them from identifying her to the police even if they saw that she was a jane doe. Terribly sad but that's reality for undocumented immigrants here.

Hopefully she can be tracked down through DNA evidence. And if she is and her family is still here, undocumented, I hope they don't face any deportations or harassment. And hopefully the police can get back in contact with the driver and try to push him for more information about what really happened.

I agree with all of this. Especially if she was underage, it makes sense that the driver would concoct a lousy story to try and absolve himself of any wrongdoing.
However, I don't think it can be concluded that she was undocumented. Definitely a possibility, but for example, El Dorado Jane Doe just got identified and there were no missing person reports for her. It's totally possible that Tempe Jane Doe was a documented citizen.

I think our best bet at this point is DNA evidence, as you said. I've been following the EDJD thread for a minute and it's insane the amount of info they can find about a person just from some DNA, I mean they tracked down her cousins and uncles who didn't even know she existed. Hopefully they are able to do something similar with TJD.

What does that mean? TIA.
That is the spreadsheet that DNA Doe makes public so that you can see how many matches and what the strongest match is (in centimorgans) for each doe they are working on identifying. Only having one match and it being 43 centimorgans isn’t a great start (that is likely a really distant cousin), but keep in mind all they need is a close family member to one day pick up a test and make their data public and the case can be solved. Praying that happens for this girl one day soon!

That is the spreadsheet that DNA Doe makes public so that you can see how many matches and what the strongest match is (in centimorgans) for each doe they are working on identifying. Only having one match and it being 43 centimorgans isn’t a great start (that is likely a really distant cousin), but keep in mind all they need is a close family member to one day pick up a test and make their data public and the case can be solved. Praying that happens for this girl one day soon!
When I said “make public”, I meant to make it available to Family Tree DNA or to GED Match. Here is a picture that might help and a link to the DNA Doe spreadsheet if anyone wants to see it.

Attachments

• 7016645D-005F-4AAB-A6D7-39D7B396952C.png
    7016645D-005F-4AAB-A6D7-39D7B396952C.png
    296.2 KB · Views: 8

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back