AZ - Timothy Romans, 39, & Vincent Romero, 29, slain, St Johns, 5 Nov 2008 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
An eight year old can not own a gun. Check with the ATF, your town, your county, or your state. Had the 8 year old shot a neighbor, the dad would have been held liable.

Vincent Romero owned the gun.

An eight year old can not own a gun. Check with the ATF, your town, your county, or your state. Had the 8 year old shot a neighbor, the dad would have been held liable.

Vincent Romero owned the gun.

I don't think they have a Child Liability Act in AZ.

I know he cannot legally own one. I certainly couldn't when I first got mine at the age of seven. But is was considered my gun and I was the only one that used it.

Gun ownership is not a local, or state, issue. Regardless of how this case comes out. The Romans family can sue the Romero family. The murder weapon belonged to (registered to) either Vincent Romero or his mother (Liz). They are responsible.

The gun did not belong to "the boy". He ain't old enough.
Check your laws blueeyes!

Legally it belonged to dad but in court documents they said it WAS THE BOY'S GUN.

I don't sense there was child abuse by the father. And, as others have pointed out, murderers lie, and murderers often blame the victim. I suppose an eight-year-old could have already developed these tendencies.

Perhaps this boy's emotional problems stem from his mother moving to another state and not seeing him very often. I wonder why she didn't stay in town and share custody? Perhaps the boy felt abandoned and angry. I'm not excusing this crime at all, I just wonder if the mom's actions, not the dad's, contributed to the boys' anger.

The gun did not belong to "the boy". He ain't old enough.
Check your laws blueeyes!

In AZ it is lawful for a minor to own a gun with written parental concent. If I correctly recall, a grandparent purchased the rifle, then gave it to the father who gave it to the boy (or allowed the boy to use it). Whatever, the boy considered it his rifle.

Hi

WOW.I wish I had 5 $100 bills just laying around.Is this a belt found on the stairway?Who's is it?I wonder why would it be there?

suzanne

The belt is at the bottom of the stairs. There are items of clothing, ect scattered thoughout the home in those photos.

Legal documents from St Johns Az will soon be proven not so legal. Again, a child can NOT own a firearm.

Hi
I don't see clothes near the belt.Who's belt is it?

suzanne

Hi
I am wondering if the little boy was hit with this belt.

suzanne

Hi
Who is for the Kid?

I'm sorry.What do you mean?

suzanne

Gun ownership is not a local, or state, issue. Regardless of how this case comes out. The Romans family can sue the Romero family. The murder weapon belonged to (registered to) either Vincent Romero or his mother (Liz). They are responsible.

I thought long guns didnt have to be registered.

imoo

Are you saying that people don't have to abide by their own state laws concerning firearms?

In my state we do not have to register any of our guns. Now if one is bought in a gun shop the buyer has to go through the FBI criminal background check but then after the gun is bought it does not have to be registered.

imoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member