AZ AZ - Tucson, LIVING amnesia patient 'Adobe', Apr'08

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by christine2448, Aug 20, 2008.

1. christine2448

christine2448 Retired WS Staff

[​IMG]

Officials at the University Medical Center in Tucson, Ariz., are trying to figure out the identity of a patient who lost his memory after being thrown from a pickup truck four months ago.

Nicknamed "Adobe," the man has been hospitalized since April 27, recovering from a severe brain injury, National Public Radio reported.
    Officials say he was riding in the truck with several other men when it flipped over on a southern Arizona road. Four men died, 18 were flown to hospitals and at least 20 others escaped, NPR reported. It’s believed all of the men were illegal immigrants.
    As a result of the accident, "Adobe" suffered severe damage to his frontal lobe — the part of the brain controlling higher functions and some long-term memory.

A nurse practitioner told NPR "Adobe" he has been crying and talking about his five kids.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,403583,00.html

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93536049

2. Loading...

3. phenolred

phenolred New Member

OH my!!! How ABSOLUTLY HEARTBREAKING.......My heart crys for this poor man.....

4. EmilyE

EmilyE Former Member

The hospitals trying to discharge him.

Saw a similar case the other day. They try to get them out ASAP because no one to pay the bills and they can't move them out of the hospital because no care center will take them within the USA. So they can only hope to find family or a medical center in Mexico that will accept him and they can deport him themselves basically.

The case I saw the other day there was an advocate trying to get a court to delay them flying the man to Mexico saying there wasn't proper care, but the hospital did it before the court could make a decision. The hospitals have laws/guidelines they can follow and as long as they have a place they deem can give him proper care, they can fly him back to mexico. The argument is over whether that is ok considering they are then acting as immigration officials deporting people.

Is an interesting tangled web.

5. Salem

Salem Former Member

Someone needs to put up flyers in Mexico or contact the Mexican government. If he is an illegal alien, his family will be in Mexico, not CA.

Salem

6. SewingDeb

SewingDeb "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

Not a bad idea but CA is full of latino's also, especially Los Angeles.

7. Teresa Larson

Teresa Larson New Member

They were probably just transported here that's why there was so many of them in the truck. I agree contacting Mexico would be your best bet. The poor guy. How sad :-(

8. abcxyz

abcxyz New Member

Anyone know if he was indeed discharged or any other details?

9. astridxx

astridxx New Member

Or they could be in Honduras.... El Salvador.... Guatemala... Nicaragua.... not all "illegal aliens" are Mexican.