Deceased/Not Found AZ - Veronica Mondragon-Rodriguez Missing in Phoenix - POI "Soldier" - Active Homicide Investigation

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
1662581710409.jpegPHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) — The family of a missing Phoenix woman is asking for the public’s help, as detectives continue to investigate her disappearance as a homicide.

Veronica Mondragon-Rodriguez, 28, was last seen near I-17 between Camelback and Indian School roads on Monday, June 27, 2022. Her family reported her missing on July 15.

Wednesday afternoon, family members will be speaking at Phoenix police headquarters and plan to share additional information in hopes her disappearance can be solved. Phoenix police will also be discussing why detectives believe foul play was involved. Arizona’s Family will carry the announcement live at 1:30 p.m.

Phoenix police, in conjunction with Silent Witness, is asking anyone with information on what happened to Mondragon-Rodriguez to please come forward. Tips can be provided anonymously through the Silent Witness website, or by calling 480-WITNESS (480-948-6377) or 480-TESTIGO (480-837-8446). Information leading to an arrest could mean a reward of up to $1,000.

7 Sep 2022
25:55

Suspcious circumstances - very violent murder
Veronica was in constant communication w/ family so when she wasn't in contact family knew something was wrong
27 Jun 2022 V stopped contact w/ family
Last known appearance Black Canyon Hwy & Indian School Rd
Homicide p/u case from MP detail after learning of a violent attack on V
Witnesses advised detectives w/ information
POI - Hisp male known as "Soldier"
Contact silent witness w/ any tips - Anyone with information is asked to call the Phoenix Police Department or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.

*Poor quality audio* J. R. - Veronica's oldest sibling - Ty for being here to help find sister - She's a loving sister. Had a hard time in life. Was very respectful to everyone. Never caused anyone any harm. Family tried to be there for her all the time regardless of the circumstances she faced. Please help us find our sister to bring her home in peace.

Detective -
Black Canyon Hwy & Indian School Rd. - V is very well known in those areas so they're hoping any community members will contact them w/ any info even if it's the smallest most minute piece of info.

Got info that V was murdered. Followed leads; story stayed fresh & consistent - upgraded to homicide investigation but is tricky w/o physical evidence.

Per family & witness reports to detectives - V was violently murdered. Suspect moved her body to different location - Following up on leads to find her. Family needs closure & justice

No speculation on weapon - only mentioning it was a very brutal attack on V - weapon used is speculation by witnesses.

Time is of the essence - they've lost some ground already when investigation changed from MP to homicide

Believe there was a some kind of relationship b/w V & "Soldier" who is also known to say in same area (Black Canyon Hwy & Indian School Rd.)

When speaking w/ witnesses detectives kept getting same info. The same name ("Soldier") kept coming up which is why detectives want to speak with him. He may not be involved but they do want to speak with him.

Can't speculate to the motives of any suspect. They do know it was a violent attack.

V is well known in community so they're hoping people will call in with any tips/info. All tips will be fully investigated.

What could have led to the argument? It would be speculation to assume the motive or what led up to it.

V's Sister spoke (mostly inaudible). Family never knew or met POI "Soldier". V stayed out of trouble.

V's second sister spoke - Family went out w/ pics of V to look for her. Community members knew her & started telling them she died. Told them where she was last seen.

Most of the remainder of Qs & As in Spanish. :oops: Sorry.

yt-vanity-copy.jpg

Veronica Mondragon-Rodriguez
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Police Department and a missing woman's family are pleading for help from the community to find Veronica Mondragon-Rodriguez who went missing this summer and is believed to have been killed in a "violent and vicious" manner

On July 15, her family filed a missing person report.

"Homicide unit picked up the case from missing persons detail after learning details of a violent attack that is believed to have been committed on Veronica," Bower said in a Sept. 7 news conference. "Several people, witnesses were able to advise and inform the detectives of these details. That's the reason that Veronica's case went from a missing persons case and became a homicide investigation."

SBM
Silent Witness is offering a reward of up to $2,000 for information that might lead to an arrest. "The smallest amount of information can start puzzle piecing this case together," he said.

I guess detectives are aware of this discovery six days ago and have concluded these are not Veronica's remains.

1 Sep 2022

Google Maps - Veronica's last known location to Tempe Marketplace (21-26 mins)

So, does this mean that she is a missing person and not the victim of a homicide (as far as anyone knows)?

So, does this mean that she is a missing person and not the victim of a homicide (as far as anyone knows)?
My understanding from the press conference is that Veronica is missing and presumed deceased. Detectives and her family are looking for tips to locate her remains and catch the person(s) who murdered her. A Hispanic male who goes by the nickname "Soldier" is a person of interest. MOO

I would like to know more about "soldier" did/does he have the means to move a body. I feel it is nearby somewhere, lots of alley's in that part of town, abandoned properties. So sad, when I first saw the news I felt the police had something more than witness testimony. Wish someone would have called a cop when they saw it. Poor family. So many lost ones on the streets these days.

I would like to know more about "soldier" did/does he have the means to move a body. I feel it is nearby somewhere, lots of alley's in that part of town, abandoned properties. So sad, when I first saw the news I felt the police had something more than witness testimony. Wish someone would have called a cop when they saw it. Poor family. So many lost ones on the streets these days.
I had that same thought last night. Is Soldier someone who also lives on the street? Does that mean he has a car? I'm about 2 hours away from the PHX area, but haven't been there in over 30 years. I used google maps to take a "walk" around the area she was last seen. Lots of businesses and strip malls. I'm hoping that Law Enforcement was given more specific details as to where the incident may have happened so they can maybe check out any cameras in the area.

I live in Phoenix, the area along the freeway has become very bad, people camp on any piece of grass or pavement that is clear , there are large homeless communities. Used to be some lovely old apartments from the 60's and 70's there, a lot of run down areas now. Very sad, Indian school in particular is a very heavily populated area. I think the best cameras in the area would be the quick trip , not sure how much it would take in, however they were most likely in an alley or behind a business. Just sad all over , would be interesting to know more about this particular community as they seem to have a hierarchy and everyone seems to know this Soldier....

As I drove through this area last week (27th Ave from Glendale to Van Buren for the locals) I was telling my bf that there is no way I am walking around without having my gun on my side. I stopped for gas at a Circle K there and I had the blue pill smoker in front of me taking a bath and the "jump-out boys" behind me pulling someone from a vehicle. It was chaotic. I would think that this "Soldier" is someone that everyone fears. Since, the police are not able to locate him or his real name, because nobody is talking I assume. I have found that there are a lot of homeless individuals that live in their cars. So, a vehicle to transport Veronica is not out of the question. But, also, i read about bodies being found under a bridge in advanced state of decomp. There are a ton of people living near or passing around these bodies the entire time. They just are not going to be the ones to report it. My heart is aching for Veronica's family!

As I drove through this area last week (27th Ave from Glendale to Van Buren for the locals) I was telling my bf that there is no way I am walking around without having my gun on my side. I stopped for gas at a Circle K there and I had the blue pill smoker in front of me taking a bath and the "jump-out boys" behind me pulling someone from a vehicle. It was chaotic. I would think that this "Soldier" is someone that everyone fears. Since, the police are not able to locate him or his real name, because nobody is talking I assume. I have found that there are a lot of homeless individuals that live in their cars. So, a vehicle to transport Veronica is not out of the question. But, also, i read about bodies being found under a bridge in advanced state of decomp. There are a ton of people living near or passing around these bodies the entire time. They just are not going to be the ones to report it. My heart is aching for Veronica's family!

bbm

Can you translate the bolded words into, well, English for Old People?

Thanks!

jmho ymmv lrr

1662730109910.pngSeveral witnesses were able to advise detectives of details that led to the assumption of Mondragon’s death, said sergeant Brian Bower. Bower said it is a tricky investigation without any physical evidence.

Authorities believe the suspect removed Mondragon’s body to a different location at some point.

Detectives are still on the look for a person of interest who is a Hispanic male that goes by the name “Soldier”. Silent Witness is offering up to $2,000 for information that leads to an arrest in the case.

“If anyone out there has anything to please help us bring our sister to peace,” her oldest sibling Juan Rodriguez said.

View attachment 365308Several witnesses were able to advise detectives of details that led to the assumption of Mondragon’s death, said sergeant Brian Bower. Bower said it is a tricky investigation without any physical evidence.

Authorities believe the suspect removed Mondragon’s body to a different location at some point.

Detectives are still on the look for a person of interest who is a Hispanic male that goes by the name “Soldier”. Silent Witness is offering up to $2,000 for information that leads to an arrest in the case.

“If anyone out there has anything to please help us bring our sister to peace,” her oldest sibling Juan Rodriguez said.
i wonder if they know the location this attack took place. if so was any evidence gone since it had been awhile? were the3y left there then moved or moved right away?

it depends there was a lot of rain a few weeks ago, would have washed a lot away.
Yeah there was!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing on the news. Those YT storm chaser people were even out looking at what was going on out in Phx and where I am at. Lots of flash flooding.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back