Identified! AZ - Yavapai Co, 'Little Miss Nobody', WhtFem 6-7, UP10741, Jul'60 - Sharon Lee Gallegos

I just watched a youtube video on little miss nobody. Someone made a post that said the post-mortem photo of the girl is identical to Sharon Gallegos, but there seems to be no post-mortem photo I am aware of on Little Miss Nobody. There is a sketch of the victim similar to Little Lord Fauntleroy but I couldn't figure out what I was looking at.

if she is from Mexico, Juanita Doe or Maria Doe, rather than calling her LMN?

prior to the mid-1970s(around the time DNA technology started to be used) Doe wasn't really used much when it came to naming unidentified people. That’s why names like Swimsuit Boy (1973) Lady of The Dunes (1974) Wych Elm Bella (1943) Boy in a box (1957) Miss X seem more common instead of [insert county or nickname] John/Jane Doe.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children says the child "had brown hair and was found wearing a checkered blouse and white shorts. She was also wearing a pair of adult-sized sandals (flip-flop style) that had been cut down to fit her. Her fingernails and toenails were also painted."
upload_2022-1-20_9-32-12.png
YCSO says the community raised money to provide a proper funeral for the unidentified child that year. Her remains were exhumed in 2018 for DNA samples to be taken.

Last year, YCSO partnered with Othram, a private laboratory with the goal of solving these types of cases.
https://www.abc15.com/news/region-n...little-miss-nobody-found-dead-in-arizona-1960

This is great news! I think testing will confirm LMN is Sharon Lee Gallegos, based off how certain people seem to think it is her. If it is Sharon the genealogy testing probably wont take long at all, even if it has degraded over the decades.

RSBM, BBM
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children says the child "had brown hair and was found wearing a checkered blouse and white shorts.

If Othram is on this case, my point is probably useless, but I just read this entire thread and found countless references to LMN’s hair being dyed, which is how it was first reported when she was found in 1960. It is a really odd concept to think of such a tiny girl having dyed hair.

I find it interesting the description above no longer states her hair was dyed. I have seen many references of more recent Does having hair that was sun-bleached from exposure. I don’t think LE in the past realized that hair could lighten in the sun so quickly. I cannot find the Doe that LE confirmed had lighter hair after death due to exposure, but she was found in Utah, I believe. I think LMN’s hair was lightened by the brutal summer sun and elements. Jmo

May Othram find this little girl’s identity very soon!

Wasn't LMN too decomposed for a post-mortem photo?

Thats what I thought, but I was watching a Youtube video on her by gabulosis and in the comments a user posted this message, claiming she is 100% Sharon based off the post-mortem photo. But I didn't think there was a post-mortem photo released at any point. thats why I came here to find out if she was lying

Attachments

• A457433C-A131-4E84-A6CE-C38FB986A2A0.jpeg
    A457433C-A131-4E84-A6CE-C38FB986A2A0.jpeg
    410.4 KB · Views: 79
Perhaps for a photo that would be released to the public, but I’m certain photos exist. JMO.

Oh yes, that's what I meant. Based off what Doe Network says about the state of decomp when her remains were recovered I don't think they would publish photos - I don't think they would be helpful, so I'm doubting the validity of the "identical to Sharon Gallegos pic" claim. JMO.

There are conflicting statements. Doenetwork claims she was unrecognizable while NAMUS states the face is recognizable. So I am confused as to rather she was or was not?
Also I am confused as to why someone would make up a post mortem photo and go into detail about “shorts similar to sharon” and “darkened skin.”
Either the woman was making stuff up for fun or has a psychiatric disorder and had a hallucination of a photo of her that doesn't exist anywhere at any point in time.

anyways, if someone does have a PM photo of her, and it cant be posted here due to being too graphic. Will you please send me a link in my inbox, so I can make a comparison. That is all.

RSBM, BBM

If Othram is on this case, my point is probably useless, but I just read this entire thread and found countless references to LMN’s hair being dyed, which is how it was first reported when she was found in 1960. It is a really odd concept to think of such a tiny girl having dyed hair.

I find it interesting the description above no longer states her hair was dyed. I have seen many references of more recent Does having hair that was sun-bleached from exposure. I don’t think LE in the past realized that hair could lighten in the sun so quickly. I cannot find the Doe that LE confirmed had lighter hair after death due to exposure, but she was found in Utah, I believe. I think LMN’s hair was lightened by the brutal summer sun and elements. Jmo

May Othram find this little girl’s identity very soon!
I'm sure hair will still bleach when you're no longer alive. Hair is not alive anyway. Beauty schools have these wigs that they bleach.

There are conflicting statements. Doenetwork claims she was unrecognizable while NAMUS states the face is recognizable. So I am confused as to rather she was or was not?
Also I am confused as to why someone would make up a post mortem photo and go into detail about “shorts similar to sharon” and “darkened skin.”
Either the woman was making stuff up for fun or has a psychiatric disorder and had a hallucination of a photo of her that doesn't exist anywhere at any point in time.

anyways, if someone does have a PM photo of her, and it cant be posted here due to being too graphic. Will you please send me a link in my inbox, so I can make a comparison. That is all.
I've seen some questionable people with youtube channels......
I think they just put stuff up for click$.

Someone posted a picture of someone and said it was Sherry Ann Jarvis (WCJD). The picture was a picture of someone else who had been murdered. When confronted, the person said, "I think this person looked like Sherry, so I put her picture in the video"....

An unidentified child victim of the 1944 Hartford Circus Fire, 'Little Miss 1565', is also called Little Miss Nobody, and there's postmortem photos of her available.
Little Miss 1565 (No PMs here due to UID wiki guidelines, but if you go to the Wikipedia page there is one).
I wouldn't be surprised if the youtube commenter saw the PM of Little Miss 1565 and assumed it was THIS Little Miss Nobody. The PM does kind of look like Sharon Gallegos, given that there's only one, very low quality photo of her available.

An unidentified child victim of the 1944 Hartford Circus Fire, 'Little Miss 1565', is also called Little Miss Nobody, and there's postmortem photos of her available.
Little Miss 1565 (No PMs here due to UID wiki guidelines, but if you go to the Wikipedia page there is one).
I wouldn't be surprised if the youtube commenter saw the PM of Little Miss 1565 and assumed it was THIS Little Miss Nobody. The PM does kind of look like Sharon Gallegos, given that there's only one, very low quality photo of her available.

I totally forgot about Little Miss 1565. I think you are exactly right with what happened.

A Las Vegas school teacher was looking for rocks at Sand Wash Creek in Congress, Arizona on July 31, 1960 only to discover the partially buried remains of a young child. At the scene, investigators documented a set of adult shoe prints as well as two additional locations of disturbed soil -- potentially failed burial spots. Pathologists determined that the child had been burned and was deceased for 1-2 weeks prior to discovery. Due to the higher temperatures during the summer time, the high decomposition rate of the remains made it difficult to determine a cause of death. Additionally, the pathologists found no sign of skeletal trauma, indicating that the child had no new or healed bone fractures at any point. Due to the suspicious nature of the case, her death has been ruled a homicide.

Pathologists determined that the child was likely a caucasian female. Her original age estimate fell between 2-9 years old, though the current age range is documented as being likely 3-6 years. She weighed around 55 pounds and was around 3’5” tall at her time of death. Her hair was described as brown with a potentially artificial auburn tint. She had a full set of baby teeth which were in pristine condition. The child was found wearing white shorts, a checkered blouse, and male adult flip-flops that had been cut to fit her foot size and were tightened with brown leather straps; her fingernails and toenails had been painted red.
upload_2022-1-29_4-51-29.jpeg
The case gained local and national news coverage but her identity remained undiscovered, leading her to be called “Little Miss Nobody”. The community became deeply affected by the case and fundraised to give the child a proper funeral and service in 1960, to which many attended. The original law enforcement team did pursue multiple possible leads that matched the child’s description but none were confirmed. The case remained stagnant until 2018 when her body was exhumed in order to obtain a DNA sample. A phenotype image was also crafted with the goal of inspiring new tips.

In 2021, the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office continued their pursuits for an identity by partnering with Othram Inc. Investigators hope that the use of advanced forensic technology may give insight into the tragic circumstances surrounding this child and her untimely death. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Cold Case Investigator John Shannon at 928-777-7293 or leave a tip anonymously by calling Yavapai Silent Witness at 1-800-932-3232 and reference agency case #1960 or NamUs UP10741. A DNASolves fund has been created to cover the cost of service.

Republished courtesy of DNASolves/Othram. You can view more cases that need help with funding here. Photo credit: NCMEC/Yavapai County Sheriff's Office.

Yavapai County Sheriff's Office, Othram Partner to ID 'Little Miss Nobody'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back