Identified! AZ - Yavapai Co, 'Little Miss Nobody', WhtFem 6-7, UP10741, Jul'60 - Sharon Lee Gallegos

Has any one heard of any updates on this little one?

Mjak,

Did you ever submit Myrisha C. as a possible match?
I looked up our little Jane in NAMUS today. No ruleouts. No DNA on file, no FP, no dentals. There are no, zero, zilch MPs between 1950 and 1960 in Namus, up to age 11, for her.

I sent an inquiry to see if she could be posted on a Facebook page for UIDs called "Never Forget Me".
There are other FB pages out there too, such as "A Million People For the Missing".

So its back to Charley, Doe NCMEC and Porchlight for our little JD. I wonder what it would take to get a court order to exhume to try for DNA.
Just for the record, I have begun calling her PAM for Prescott Arizona Michelle.

Does anybody else think that this little girl should have gotten the designation "Princess Doe" instead of the teenager in Blairstown? After all, six and seven year olds are often called Princess and teenagers are not....

From what I read, the original lead detective in the Princess Doe case did not want her to be known as another "Jane Doe". so he came up with "Princess". "Princess" does not bother me-what bothers me is someone came up with "Little Miss Nobody" for a very young deceased child-that is why I think of her as PAM instead. Did anyone submit Myrisha C. as a possible match?

From what I read, the original lead detective in the Princess Doe case did not want her to be known as another "Jane Doe". so he came up with "Princess". "Princess" does not bother me-what bothers me is someone came up with "Little Miss Nobody" for a very young deceased child-that is why I think of her as PAM instead. Did anyone submit Myrisha C. as a possible match?

Karen Price in the UK was also called "Little Miss Nobody" until her remains were identified through DNA. Little Miss Nobody should not be used for anybody.

Mjak,

Did you ever submit Myrisha C. as a possible match?
I looked up our little Jane in NAMUS today. No ruleouts. No DNA on file, no FP, no dentals. There are no, zero, zilch MPs between 1950 and 1960 in Namus, up to age 11, for her.

I sent an inquiry to see if she could be posted on a Facebook page for UIDs called "Never Forget Me".
There are other FB pages out there too, such as "A Million People For the Missing".

So its back to Charley, Doe NCMEC and Porchlight for our little JD. I wonder what it would take to get a court order to exhume to try for DNA.

Sorry; you actually asked me via PM on my personal FB profile to share her on Never Forget Me not as a PM to the page. Had you sent via page PM it would have gotten done already. We talk so much on FB that it got lost lol We usually have recons that we upload to albums. There does not seem to be any available.

I've read through her thread; have to see what else I can dig up & if there is a chance of having her exhumed to get DNA & dentals and a recon.

Just for the record, I have begun calling her PAM for Prescott Arizona Michelle.

I also do not care for her name but I do not think it was meant to be derogatory. She was found in 1960. There was a movie called Little Miss Nobody in 1936. I was able to find a you tube video. I wonder if she was given the name due to the movie. The people in the town cared about her a lot according to what I'm reading in the articles linked.

I do not think it's a good idea to change her name at this point. She's been known as "Little Miss Nobody" for 54 years. It's on her grave stone.

[video=youtu;cO0NT2mXXRo]http://youtu.be/cO0NT2mXXRo[/video]

In 1961 they thought she might be a little girl named Debbie Dudley.The daughter of a carnival worker, she and 3 siblings had reportedly died. They found one of the children deceased from malnutrition/neglect wrapped in an old blanket in some woods in Virginia. How awful! I wonder what became of this investigation.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...L29QAAAAIBAJ&sjid=gREEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3348,708824

From your link; it says continued from page 1. I see an article called 'Little Miss Nobody' Buried as Somebody; to me; the 2 articles do not look like they're connected. Seems like there is a chunk missing.

I did a print screen...

Attachments

• MilwaukeeSentinel03021961.jpg
    MilwaukeeSentinel03021961.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 234
I've been trying to find out how she got her nick name after reading the articles where the people in the town pretty much adopted her as their own. Every time I get on the computer; my grandson wants to grab my keyboard & mouse.

70 people came out for her funeral. I did manage to find one article that says

A campaign for funds to provide a decent burial was spearheaded by Dave Palladin, an announcer at Prescott radio station KYCA, and the girl became known as "Little Miss Nobody"

But a card on her small casket bore this inscription
"God's little child, date of birth unknown, date of death unknown"

Here is her find a grave

Attachments

• TotFoundInDesertLittleMissNobodyBuriedByCommunity8111960.JPG
    TotFoundInDesertLittleMissNobodyBuriedByCommunity8111960.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 364
Has any one heard about this little girl.I have been looking very much into her.I am very interested in finding out who she is.Has she been put on here before.I don't see her on The Doe network?

It makes me very sad she is known as little miss nobody.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/10741

I submitted her to Doe Net on the 17th. Going to see what I can do about getting a recon added. According to her NamUs entry she has a recognizable face. I am beyond shocked that she is not in NCMEC. I'm clueless how NamUs has her listed as 6 to 7 when she had a perfect set of baby teeth. IMO she's more like 4 to 6.

"Little Miss Nobody" is so undignified, even if they didn't intend it to be insulting.

I'm going to do what I can to make sure she gets identified. Hopefully a recon will come through. Wish I could find an email addy to get a few questions answered.
God's Little Child fits her better but for the people that knew her for 50+ years; will they realize God's Little Child is LMN?

Little Miss Nobody isn't the most dignified nickname, but it was clearly one that was given with love.

I still think God's Little Child or God's Daughter, would be better. Just, I'm uncomfortable with this little princess being known by the sobriquet LMN for eternity.

I still think God's Little Child or God's Daughter, would be better. Just, I'm uncomfortable with this little princess being known by the sobriquet LMN for eternity.

I agree that those names would be nicer for this little one, but I don't think its a good idea to 'change' her nickname.

If we are hoping to get people talking about her again (especially local people), then it would a bad idea to insult them by implying that the name they gave her was bad or wrong. They loved this child, took her to their hearts and buried her with dignity. It would not be conducive to getting information from people, and information is what we need to try and solve this. If we solve this, then she won't need a nickname at all. She would be known for eternity by her real name.

What matters is not so much the name, but the sentiment behind it, and I feel very strongly that the only sentiment behind this nickname was love.

If a UID is publicly known by a specific name, we go by that name. I'm not happy with "Devil Dog Doe" or "Septic Tank Sam", but those are the names that they are known by, so that's what we use.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back