AZ-Zachary Walter and David Bessent Killed (Video), Phoenix, 4 Oct 2018

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by AzPistonsGirl, Oct 16, 2018.

1. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

Police release video of suspect vehicle in double homicide in Phoenix's Roosevelt Row

Looking for a late 90s white Dodge Durango. Phoenix police say it might be connected to a double murder.

The shooting happened around 3:30 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 5, near Third Avenue and Roosevelt Avenue.

Zachary Walter, 24, died that morning.

David Bessent, 41, was in extremely critical condition when he was rushed to the hospital; he died a couple of days later.

Both men were artists and worked at Jobot Coffee and Bar.

If you know anything about what happened to Walter and Bessent, please call the Phoenix Police Department at 602-262-6151 or Silent Witness at either 480-WITNESS (948-6377) or 1-800-343-TIPS (8477). Spanish speakers may call 480-TESTIGO (837-8446).

2. AzPistonsGirl

pics of these men 5bc16c5c276b5.image.jpg

3. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

4. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

The fatal shooting of two men earlier this month in Phoenix's popular Roosevelt Row district may have started as a robbery, police said Monday.
    Police noted that the full video clip shows two white SUVs, but they believe the one going left to right is the Durango they are seeking. The second SUV, which looks similar and is seen moving right to left, is believed to be another vehicle, a Suburban, Thompson said.

Bessent and Walter had just left work at the nearby Jobot Coffee & Bar, 333 E. Roosevelt St., around 3:30 a.m. and were walking in the lot when they were gunned down.
    Police release video of possible suspect vehicle in Roosevelt Row killings

5. AzPistonsGirl

bumping for these 2 men. An arrest will come. Hopefully soon.

siliconrod and cybervampira like this.
  6. ilovematt

ilovematt Well-Known Member

Oh man, how terrifying. Two nice looking, hard working dudes just snuffed out for no reason. I hope they find these unevolved suspects soon. Cold blooded killers on the loose :eek:

cybervampira and AzPistonsGirl like this.
  7. siliconrod

siliconrod Well-Known Member

I understand that robbery may have been a motive in the shooting of zachary and david but I am of the belief that they were targeted for another reason but just speculation on my part.

Is this area known for armed robbery or a high crime area.

AzPistonsGirl likes this.
  8. Wagtales10

Wagtales10 Well-Known Member

what would that be???

9. siliconrod

It could be that the perps had a confrontation with zachary and david at an earlier time and came back later to settle the score. I could be totally wrong about it but my gut feeling is there is more to the story.

10. siliconrod

Its been a month since Zachary and David were brutally gunned down at their place of work.
    I have not seen anything about any suspects or arrests related to their deaths.
    Justice for Zachary and David.

11. siliconrod

Justice for Zachary and David.

12. AzPistonsGirl

Wow, this is quite a tribute to these 2 men. I have no doubt LE is working this case. Justice will come.

Two Murdered Artists’ Hearts Are Still Alive in the Spirit of Roosevelt Row

Bessent died on Wednesday, October 10, after being taken off life support. He was an organ donor, according to his mother, Barbara Wert. She flew in from Michigan after learning he’d been shot. Three weeks later, on Tuesday, October 30, she went with a small group of Bessent’s friends to collect his ashes, contained in a black box that’s the size of her son’s palm.

Inside a flat silver case that belonged to Bessent, Wert keeps small strips of paper with copies of her son’s heart rhythm measured at the hospital. She gives them away in quiet moments to people affected by her son’s death, lamenting the fact that the organ couldn’t be donated.
    They couldn’t take his heart,” she says.

In reality, Bessent’s heart was transplanted years ago into the downtown arts community, where both he and Walter worked and lived.

ElementalLaura and cybervampira like this.