B.C. abused kids' centre named after KISS daughter

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by tarabull, Jan 15, 2012.

1. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

Rocker Gene Simmons joins daughter at Surrey opening
    January 15, 2012

Metro Vancouver’s first child protection centre opened Sunday with some rock star clout from KISS singer Gene Simmons and his family.

Sophie’s Place, named after patron Sophie Tweed-Simmons, will bring together counsellors, doctors and police under one roof in Surrey to give abused children under 12 a safe place to tell their stories.

Read More: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti.../15/bc-sophies-place-surrey-gene-simmons.html

[video at link]

2. Loading...

3. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

I think that is just wonderful. I love the Gene Simmons and family's show. It makes me feel so good to know that Sophie isn't another Hollywood spoiled brat like some I could name that never do anything that would benefit others even though their names are well known. Bless Sophie's heart.

4. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

I feel the same way....

Actually, my (bad) opinion of Gene changed drastically once I started watching the show and soon realized what amazing children he and Shannon have raised! So much for stero-typing!

:)

Many props all around - so deserving!!