Babcock Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
In one of his jailhouse letters (released during TB trial) he mentioned that he was reading a book by Leslie Abramson, the lawyer who defended the Menendez brothers.

He says he sees "similarities" so you can bet he is going to present himself as a poor little rich boy who was mistreated etc etc. No matter that his father seemed to be overly permissive - quite the opposite of authoritative and demanding.

So, the wheels are already turning for his next case, and the lies will be spewing forth, just like we have come to expect from him.
Like he didn't kill his father, but if he did kill him, it was the father's own fault.

Thankfully those letters exist.. Kind of throws a wrench into that line of defense.

I have a gut feeling we are going to be hearing from CN today and she will "suddenly" remember everything that happened in 2012

I have a gut feeling we are going to be hearing from CN today and she will "suddenly" remember everything that happened in 2012

and then when questioned by the crown and Dungey she all of a sudden forgets everything again

In the crown's closing, I hope they add that they found no internet searches for pet crematory research. IF that is indeed true.

I wonder if they traveled down the highway with the incinerator, during day light hours, if they would have got stopped, would the police have required to see a licence from them, to have such a thing/business going?

In the crown's closing, I hope they add that they found no internet searches for pet crematory research. IF that is indeed true.

I wonder if they traveled down the highway with the incinerator, during day light hours, if they would have got stopped, would the police have required to see a licence from them, to have such a thing/business going?

MS knew how to drive but didn't have a license. DM's father was investing millions into a business he expected his son to be a part of. Wonder how DM thought he'd have time for this little side business? The hangar was supposed to bring in steady revenue once completed so why the need to drive an incinerator around? His lie just doesn't make sense.

The Crown cannot introduce new evidence in their closing. If nobody testified to it at trial, the Crown cannot say it.

I doubt it. Most LE assigned to traffic have very limited knowledge outside the standard vehicles on the road. Only after several mishaps with transports have they been trained on spotting things related to them. But I would assume if the mobile Eliminator was still smoking as DM pulled it from strip mall to strip mall, it would surely attract attention.

Seen some weird looking things being towed down the highway over the years. Especially custom made equipment making its way from Ontario to Alberta during the oil boom years. MOO

DM testifies…

DM: “Hi Dellen.”

DM: “Hi.”

DM: “You think I’m pretty awesome, don’t you?”

DM: “Yes.”

DM: “They used to call me the Melon, and then the Felon, but now I’m the Master of Spellin’?”

DM: “That’s me! I can spell hangar: H-A--”

Judge: “There’s no need for that, Mr. Millard. Please move on.”

DM: “I’ve been on lots of adventures? Slept with a lot of women?”

DM: “Indeed.”

<puts Velma&#8217;s business card on the screen with the bad parts blacked out>

DM: &#8220;Would you say this is an accurate description of me?&#8221;

DM: &#8220;Yes, and that long black part is obviously meant to symbolize the size of my&#8212;"

Judge: &#8220;Mr. Millard!&#8221;

DM: &#8220;Sorry, your honour.&#8221; <winks to self> "Not sorry."

Judge: &#8220;This doesn&#8217;t seem relevant. Please get to the point.&#8221;

<posts photo from iMessage conversation with Noudga>

DM: &#8220;Is this the photo that Noudga said my legs were to the side and my dick was on my hip?&#8221;

DM: &#8220;Yes.&#8221; <points to the pelvic area> &#8220;It looks like it&#8217;s been used more than once&#8212;"

Judge: &#8220;Ok, that&#8217;s enough Mr. Millard. It appears that you&#8217;re done here.&#8221;

DM: &#8220;Wait, just one last question. Dellen, would you be a better father from prison than most men would be not in prison?&#8221;

DM: &#8220;Yes.&#8221;

<posts prison contact info on the screen>

Judge: &#8220;Remove that immediately!&#8221;

DM (getting dragged away): &#8220;Call me maybe?&#8221;

DM testifies…

DM: “Hi Dellen.”

DM: “Hi.”

DM: “You think I’m pretty awesome, don’t you?”

DM: “They used to call me the Melon, and then the Felon, but now I’m the Master of Spellin’?”

DM: “That’s me! I can spell hangar: H-A--”

Judge: “There’s no need for that, Mr. Millard. Please move on.”

DM: “I’ve been on lots of adventures? Slept with a lot of women?”

DM: “Indeed.”

<puts Velma’s business card on the screen with the bad parts blacked out>

DM: “Would you say this is an accurate description of me?”

DM: “Yes, and that long black part is obviously meant to symbolize the size of my—"

Judge: “Mr. Millard!”

DM: “Sorry, your honour.” <winks to self> "Not sorry."

Judge: “This doesn’t seem relevant. Please get to the point.”

<posts photo from iMessage conversation with Noudga>

DM: “Is this the photo that Noudga said my legs were to the side and my dick was on my hip?”

DM: “Yes.” <points to the pelvic area> “It looks like it’s been used more than once—"

Judge: “Ok, that’s enough Mr. Millard. It appears that you’re done here.”

DM: “Wait, just one last question. Dellen, would you be a better father from prison than most men would be not in prison?”

<posts prison contact info on the screen>

Judge: “Remove that immediately!”

DM (getting dragged away): “Call me maybe?”
That was amazing.

We could go back and forth with snippets of these deadly missions and come up with different conclusions. The actions they took after the "gone wrong" murders is very telling. It wasn't until LE was hot on DM's trail before he even considered hiding, and even returning the Truck. The boldness of taking the tarp picture, or putting the truck in the hangar tells me something didn't go wrong. Rather it went as planned. And those plans included his partner. MOO
That's what I'm thinking too. If everything post-murder was an attempt to cover up a robbery gone wrong, or drug use gone wrong, why all the posing and picture taking after?. To them, the photos and rap were documenting a plan gone to perfection.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I think DM is going to testify in his own defense. He was not happy when MS testified so I think this time around he's going to try and get his story out first and throw MS under the bus.

This is going to be very interesting.

MOO

We are back in court now, no jury just yet. I'll let you know when we can begin.
by Shannon Martin 12:03 PM

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I think DM is going to testify in his own defense. He was not happy when MS testified so I think this time around he's going to try and get his story out first and throw MS under the bus.

This is going to be very interesting.

MOO

I hope you are right, but DM would be much better off telling his story through his closing arguments. This would open him up to cross examination by the crown, and the Dunginator. MOO

I think CN was with MB on the night DM shot WM. I could be wrong though.
I thought it was his ex Jenn who showed up with Rabbit.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Today's trial thread is open for posting.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?357085-Laura-Babcock-Murder-Trial-11-27-17-Day-22

Please keeps posts limited to today's testimony.

Thanks to all that can help with the tweets. ;)

This thread will close once the proceedings begin.

The jury is now here.

Justice Code:

"Mr. Millard are you calling a defence?"

Millard answers, "Yes your honour, I have some evidence to call."

He has three admissions to read into the court.
by Shannon Martin 12:14 PM

Closing up now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members