Baby Lisa's half brothers being interviewed Nov. 10

It could just be that they think they are protecting the boys by letting them sleep at Grandma's and not have to come home to the media buzz when the media is obviously trying to get pictures to go with "boys questioned", where the boys would be the focus. That is logical and benign. It could be more. I'm sure we'll know soon though.

Yes, Abby, this is a possibility but I didn't think it seemed probable since the parents had been so concerned about the potential trauma that this interview could cause the boys. I surmised the parents would have wanted to be with them afterward to reassure and calm the boys. But perhaps you're right. The interview could have been totally without salient content, a cake walk for the boys, and they went somewhere else that was rewarding for them.

Perhaps CPS sent a representative to the FBI interview to watch the proceedings. jmo
The psychologist, psychiatrist, or licensed therapist is a mandated reporter of child abuse. She had to notify CPS if she heard anything unless the FBI?/DA? gave her a "special dispensation" for some case-related reason.

FWIW, I love in a very small county. If the need to conduct a forensic interview of a child arises, it takes place in the next county. It's a Child Advocacy Center that works with LE, CPS, family courts, foster parents and families in need of counseling. It is amazing. Painted and decorated throughout in a kid-friendly way. It has different 'centers' to imitate a home setting- kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms for children and adults -children are allowed explore and play and this helps if the children are nervous or afraid. There are cameras but the kids don't see them.
The children are never 'grilled' during this. If a child is having difficulty explaining something that happened- they can use dolls to show what happened. The dolls are Mommy, Daddy, brother, sister, grandparents, stranger etc.
It's possible the boys are being interviewed in similar fashion.

Pensfan, I understand that you think her kids should get taken away. I don't fault you, I understand the logic. I don't have enough information to agree, so I'm just stating that I find it unlikely in this situation based on what we know. That's MOO, based on my experience with DHS in this region. it's certainly possible, but if that happened IME it's because something BIG was said. There is some burden of evidence if you initiate an emergency removal. Of course it is completely possible that something BIG was said. We can't know.

I just hope that IF CPS had the feeling they needed to protect these boys, that the boys are atleast with other family memebers - they have been through enough.

IF they are following strict protocol of emergency removal, they would go to foster care unless one of the family members have been approved by the state (home study, etc).

I've seen that worked around before, but not often. Usually if DHS is going to place the kids, they have a procedure for approving the home first. It's a liability for THEM to place the kids somewhere and have harm come to them.

ETA- work-around= sometimes if the parents seen it coming, they will sign temporary guardianship over to a relative until things can work out. With JT there, that is a possibility too.

It doesn't sound like they interviewed the parents according to this:

"JHoltFox4KC John Holt
#LisaIrwin half-bros finish interviews. Family attorney says family relieved and cooperating. No interviews with parents set. #Fox4News@9"

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MSM coverage of Baby Lisa 11/10/11

just jumping off this post..
BBM

Atty saying that parents are 'relieved', re the interviews being over, it doesn't seem as if there would be anything unsettling going on with the boys, ie removed from parents....?

maybe they just need more time with the boys and they don't want their investigation to be tainted and they will start again in the morning? So they keep the boys for now?

You may be right. That makes comments I've seen of having reservations about unrestricted interviews of minor children by LE come to life. You may not get your kids back. That would be a bit scary to any parent IMO.

You may be right. That makes comments I've seen of having reservations about unrestricted interviews of minor children by LE come to life. You may not get your kids back. That would be a bit scary to any parent IMO.
You mean scary like not getting your kid, Lisa, back? Hmm... not sure we can use that thought process here.....:banghead:

I have no clue, I'm just guessing but it would be very scary!

Does anyone think it possible that the bio parents of Lisa's half-brothers are trying to regain custody or at least some sort of visitation? How likely would it be that CPS or some other court authority would be listening in on these interviews to determine if custody/visitation orders need to be altered? Would the FBI even allow such a thing?

It doesn't sound like they interviewed the parents according to this:

"JHoltFox4KC John Holt
#LisaIrwin half-bros finish interviews. Family attorney says family relieved and cooperating. No interviews with parents set. #Fox4News@9"

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MSM coverage of Baby Lisa 11/10/11

BBM

Atty saying that parents are 'relieved', re the interviews being over, it doesn't seem as if there would be anything unsettling going on with the boys, ie removed from parents....?

I agree that this is what the family attorney is saying. Now, whether he is being honest or putting a spin on the event for public perception, I'm not all that convinced. This is a perfect example of the type of statement that they are paid to release. moo.

You mean scary like not getting your kid, Lisa, back? Hmm... not sure we can use that thought process here.....:banghead:
I'm not following you here. Are you saying the parents need to trade custody of the boys for getting Lisa back?

No I think it's more like scary that you might have your boys taken because your daughter was abducted.

I believe CPS could already be involved and were at the interview.

Moo

BBM

I don't think the lawyer would be truthful at this moment - if one of the boys spilled the beans. They would be protected at all costs - they are children.

I agree that this is what the family attorney is saying. Now, whether he is being honest or putting a spin on the event for public perception, I'm not all that convinced. This is a perfect example of the type of statement that they are paid to release. moo.

I am not convinced either...

If the parents are cooperating why is there no interviews set up?????

I do not buy this attorneys statement!!!! JMO

Who said this interview was unrestricted?

Did someone need to? There are no attorneys or parents present. Social worker and LE giving input from outside the interview room. Sounds pretty unrestricted to me.

Do you believe it may have been restricted in some way? I didn't hear anything about restrictions.

Well jeez, if it's true. It's about time, and way way way past time. JMO. Didn't have time to read the whole thread. BUt GMAB.

maybe they just need more time with the boys and they don't want their investigation to be tainted and they will start again in the morning? So they keep the boys for now?

How do you mean, keep them? Overnight? Have you heard of this happening before (other cases)?

ETA, I just realized that this post might sound like I'm being a smart-azz, but I'm not, I just didn't know what you meant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back