Baby Rescued From Storm Drain

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by vermontn03, May 5, 2008.

1. vermontn03

vermontn03 Former Member

Toddler Slips Into Manhole After Exiting Minivan

FALL RIVER, Mass. -- Two Fall River men are being credited with saving the life of a baby who fell into a storm drain over the weekend, Boston television station WCVB reported.

The storm drain is covered now, but it was open enough and slippery enough on Saturday night for a 21-month-old girl to fall in after sliding out of a minivan.

"They're made out of a granite stone, not cement. And it was wet because it was raining. So, you slip instantly. And a little baby like that, the way the van was parked, she got out of the sliding side door and she slipped," Bruce Hebert said.
    http://www.nbc10.com/family/16161856/detail.html

2. Loading...

3. kahskye

kahskye Inactive

Cheers to those two men for rescuing the toddler. The article doesn't say, but I'm wondering if the 21 mth old was in a child restraint seat. Maybe she undid the seat herself, but I would think the door would be too heavy for her to slide open. If it's one of the vans w/ an automatic door, the toddler should have been under adult supervision before the door opened. Like I say, the article really doesn't give enough info.

4. SewingDeb

SewingDeb "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

I bet there will be supervision in the future.