'baby'

Solace said:
Their whole explanation for letting him sleep is absurd. Patently, absolutely, out of their minds absurd. Riiiiiight, JB is missing, but let's let Berke get some more rest. No need to bother him with this, he is only 9.
I know this is true. When our son was missing we were throwing questions at his younger brother so fast he couldn't answer. He was crying cause he thought maybe he was being blamed. Actually it was just we were frantic......Poor little guy. We knew he hadnt done anything wrong we just wanted to know did he see any strangers did he see his brother go to a car or walk off or a zillion questions.....

Solace said:
Their whole explanation for letting him sleep is absurd. Patently, absolutely, out of their minds absurd. Riiiiiight, JB is missing, but let's let Berke get some more rest. No need to bother him with this, he is only 9.
Right on...again, it always comes down to how absolutely ridiculous this thing is. Of course they are guilty and how anyone cannot make that conclusion based solely on their behavior that day just absolutely floors me. Absolutely stuns me.

coloradokares said:
I know this is true. When our son was missing we were throwing questions at his younger brother so fast he couldn't answer. He was crying cause he thought maybe he was being blamed. Actually it was just we were frantic......Poor little guy. We knew he hadnt done anything wrong we just wanted to know did he see any strangers did he see his brother go to a car or walk off or a zillion questions.....
What is so incredible to me is that John does these interviews. Why wouldn't you just drop out of sight. Why keep the profile going. He would say he did not, but he and she are all over the place for years, LKL, their interviews, etc. It is like watching two insane people do their thing. I also saw some home movies of them and they looked just fine. Patsy was squirting John with a water gun. They looked genuinely happy. I DO NOT GET IT AT ALL.

Solace said:
What is so incredible to me is that John does these interviews. Why wouldn't you just drop out of sight. Why keep the profile going. He would say he did not, but he and she are all over the place for years, LKL, their interviews, etc. It is like watching two insane people do their thing. I also saw some home movies of them and they looked just fine. Patsy was squirting John with a water gun. They looked genuinely happy. I DO NOT GET IT AT ALL.
I know...Bizzare.... How can anyone get it ? It just is not .....normal. Whatever that is ....... But you hit the nail on the head. It is like watching two insane people do their thing!!

julianne said:
I don't think Patsy using the term "that child" signifies anything. I, like other posters, have heard it used numerous times, being used by both mothers and fathers who love their children immensely, who are not using the words in an effort to "distance" themselves from the child. In my experience, it is mainly used when one is discussing the child to someone who doesn't personally know the child. That's all. One can THINK that it would only be used to "distance" themselves from the particular child spoken about, but here we have posters who say that isn't the case, and that it is used in many instances that basically proves it isn't necessarily akin to "distancing". Therefore, IMO, the fact that the phrase is and has been used before by others when NOT trying to "distance", makes the fact that Patsy said it completely irrelevant.

I think they are guilty as sin...but the use of 'that child' bothers me none.

I remember using a similar phrase when speaking about my husband...I distinctly remember saying, "I would fight tooth and nail for that man."
I think people using the word 'that' in this way, is just a way for people to express what they mean in no uncertain terms, laying it down, here it is kind of way.....if that makes any sense.

Brefie-

I remember using a similar phrase when speaking about my husband...I distinctly remember saying, "I would fight tooth and nail for that man."
I think people using the word 'that' in this way, is just a way for people to express what they mean in no uncertain terms, laying it down, here it is kind of way.....if that makes any sense.

Makes perfect sense to me and I agree.

Brefie said:

I guess that you can look at it either way. Some people use it as a term of endearment...as you did when speaking about your husband, and some others...IMO...Patsy...uses it another way...to speak about a child that they are upset with, or that they are trying to distance themself from. One poster used the term THAT child, when speaking about a child with a behavior problem. So, it could go either way...the question you have to ask yourself is THIS, though....the person that used the phrased "THAT child"....are they under an umbrella of suspicion for murdering their own flesh and blood? Was their daughter snatched out from under their noses? Was their daughter's dead body found IN THE HOUSE? Was there a three page ransom note left in the house, even though the child lay dead in the basement? Did that person and that person's husband call over friends, even though the ransom note warned not to speak to anyone..not even a dog...or their daughter would be beheaded? Did that person allow their sister to go into the house and load box after box after box...of "funeral clothes" aka...evidence? The list of red flags go on forever...I do not have the time or space to keep typing them. IMO Patsy's use of "THAT child"...was NOT used as a term of endearment...but as a way of distancing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back