Back from Iraq, Frisco soldier find home sold by HOA

Here in PA an HOA can place a lien on a house AND take it through Sheriff's Sale.

However, you MUST comply with the Soldier & Sailors Act.

The wife is culpable too, however. She really should have sought help from Legal Aid or the VA or somebody. If a soldier's wife came to me with a notice of sale that didn't comply with the Act, I would probably handle the case for free and kick the a$$ of the HOA.

I don't think the reason for this is that the wife didn't have the money. According to the story she just never opened her mail. So she didn't even know to look for help. That looks like some serious depression though (not opening mail for months), didn't any of her relatives notice?

I don't think the reason for this is that the wife didn't have the money. According to the story she just never opened her mail. So she didn't even know to look for help. That looks like some serious depression though (not opening mail for months), didn't any of her relatives notice?

The article said the house was given to them by her parents, not sure if that means they had passed away or not. Possibly she was an only child also. There may not have been any family around to see how bad things had gotten.

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back