Baez & Geraldo to speak @ HNBA Convention in Dallas, TX. August 31-September 3!

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by momtective, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joypath

joypath Well-Known Member

:twocents: SNARK ALERT!!!!!!!!:twocents:

:twocents: As a proud, happy & "married into this particular ethnicity by CHOICE MANY (35!) years ago", I am old enough to remember a certain young New York news commentator/reporter/investigative journalist with a law degree who tho born Gerald Michael Riviera had a "few " akas that he used to his advantage! One of which was "Jerry Rivers" when he worked for the NYPD! The "Geraldo" arrived for TV around early 1970's, well after law school when he was representing the Young Lords, a strong PR activist group, when ethnic identity earned him more American $$$$ .

:truce: Oh yeah, the DH is PR, Island born, NYC bred and quite pleasantly familiar with "this" extended Rivera (N.B. correct spelling!) family!

PS: The family incorporated the maternal heritage (Jewish) into family life more than the paternal Puerto Rican, even to the "oops" by mother Lillian in spelling his last name on the BC and him achieving a Bar Mitzvah! :innocent:

2. joypath

joypath Well-Known Member

Is that WITH or WITHOUT spell check?...............:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

3. JBounds

JBounds I feel lucky

Geraldo and Baez. I'll bet that no one will keep their breakfast down with that glaring mustache staring at them. I know I couldn't.

4. SallyLu

SallyLu Active Member

I wouldn't walk to the end of the street to hear what these two have to say.:sick:

5. aspiring drifter

aspiring drifter Active Member

i dreaded walking to my computer desk to hear him.

6. chefmom

chefmom Seriously! Ancient Aliens!

I understand that the Hispanic legal community would be proud of JB, much as the African American community was proud of JC after the OJ debacle. However, IMHO, JC at least was responsible for the confusion and discord he created by using facts and imagery. JB flat out lied. JMO.

7. Bathbuddys

Bathbuddys Verified Family Member Thomas Schramm

the way these things work is that they charge a rediculous "donation" amount and the speakers get paid very well....

8. ladonna

ladonna Active Member

Has there been any media coverage on how Bae'z appearance at the convention went?

9. Aedrys

Aedrys If justice doesn't get you, karma will.

Wow. Maybe it was so bad that no one wanted to say anything!!! Nothing about Baez at the convention? Hmm, methinks it didn't go so well!

10. gladiatorqueen

gladiatorqueen New Member

Oh my. That is so ridiculous. MOO.

11. TexanMom

TexanMom New Member

Whether you agree or not, it is nice to see people exercising their 1st amendment rights!

12. jon_burrows

jon_burrows New Member

13. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

I'll bet Baez was expecting all kinds of media attention from this. I haven't seen any...and I've looked. :floorlaugh:

14. luvmygarden

luvmygarden New Member

I guess he has to start somewhere. He was with good company, maybe he had a chance to educate himself with all the professionals he was surrounded by.
    Although we all thought being in the company of a seasoned attorney like CM he would blossom but instead the seasoned attorney decided to pretend he was a newby it seemed. BUT it worked sooooo.....we still search for the answers of what is justice?

15. Well Done 99

Well Done 99 New Member

:floorlaugh: So, he's had an honest conversation with Jose then?

16. seeing_eye

seeing_eye New Member

I live in the DFW area and did see a blurb on local TV. I just barely caught it because I was busy with something else when it came on. Not sure which TV channel carried it. It showed Baez making his opening remark which said something like "Florida is still trying to get a piece of Casey." (That may be paraphrased.) He paused. I thought he was waiting for laughter. There was only uncomfortable silence. Eventually, he started speaking again, but then the blurb was over. I've been trying to find a clip of it ever since, but so far no luck.

17. strawberry

strawberry Well-Known Member

I was thinking..it's not like this was a defense attorney convention. There would be all sorts of attorneys there, including prosecutors, child adovates, etc. It's not like he was with his team in a bar celebrating their victory. :waitasec:

18. seeing_eye

seeing_eye New Member

True, and not all of them may have appreciated his remark about Casey. From what I've seen of Baez though, I doubt he noticed it.

19. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

As I googled for any news about the convention, I came across something quite amusing. Not sure if I can post the link, but if you google My Latino Voice and Jose Baez you'll come across the National Latino Top 10. I guess there are no ethnic boundaries when it comes to those displeased with Mr. Baez.

20. okiedokietoo

okiedokietoo New Member

Thank you for that! wow
    I really liked #2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.