Baez knew NOT GUILTY verdict was coming....

I am still in a fog today, but can honestly say that I believe that the DT was just as surprised as everyone else. If they had in any way felt that they were winning this case and that a Not Guilty verdict were eminent, they would not have asked to have KC declared incompetent just a week ago. They have asked for so many mistrials, even just the other day, again asking for one on some percieved wrong that was denied. No. I think they may have needed a change of drawers afterwards. Shock all around.

I am still in a fog today, but can honestly say that I believe that the DT was just as surprised as everyone else. If they had in any way felt that they were winning this case and that a Not Guilty verdict were eminent, they would not have asked to have KC declared incompetent just a week ago. They have asked for so many mistrials, even just the other day, again asking for one on some percieved wrong that was denied. No. I think they may have needed a change of drawers afterwards. Shock all around.

They know the other side had nothing that was going to glue the pieces together. They were scared only because there was a huge amount of people on the HATE KC side, not on the evidence side.
THE REASON THE OTHER SIDE HAD NOTHING IS CALLED – Thank you George Anthony who knew exactly what murder investigators look for because he was one of them once upon a day, so he set up anew stage and cleaned up anything that may tie KC to the scene.
I KNEW the most they have on KC was negligence and no sign of murder. I am not an attorney. But the defense had nothing,Nothing concrete they can use. Just because poor Caylee was tossed in a dump and had tape on her does not point at KC - it remained - maybe it can point to her. You cannot call it murder on a maybe, nothing tied KC directly to anything. Thank you GA he ran the entire show.
MO

I agree completely with the original poster and I will tell you why. 10 to 20 minutes before the verdict was read Linda Kenney Baden was on HLN with Nancy Grace. She told Nancy that the verdict was going to be NOT GUILTY and that she thought the jurors came to that decision last night and that is why they left at 6:00 because they had already known. She thinks they wanted to do some last minute deliberations before to make sure they had everything in check. People on this board have said that LKB and JB have been in contact still and I seriously wonder if Jose knew about it. This instance with LKB on Nancy Grace is a HUGE red flag to me in my opinion that they knew. Your original post is something I did not think of to go along with it but yep I bet the defense some how knew.

I beg to differ. I saw LKB about 5 minutes before the verdict was read and she said "I believe that the jury has found KC GUILTY and she is going to get the DEATH PENALTY!". Those words specifically!

I remember being shocked since she has always been pro-DT and pro-KC. This was right before the verdict was read.

We were "slow played"........JB was better than any of us wanted to give him credit for, and his closing, it was good. Really good, and I think that's what sealed the deal.

I would if I was dirt poor. He works for free.

JoAnn W
He also got her acquitted. He did a good job. Looking stupid may be what he wanted.
Results matter. This was a case of life & death.
Liking him does not matter.

This was his trophy case, this made him famous.
Not so sure, he will be working free. I think now he will start to charge a lot.

We were "slow played"........JB was better than any of us wanted to give him credit for, and his closing, it was good. Really good, and I think that's what sealed the deal.

ITA.
He was much better then we all expected him to be.
THERE IN LIES HIS BRILLIANCE - he just made us all think he is stupid
And it worked in his advantage.
I still say that GA was the master mind of how to get KC free.

Baez knew that not guilty verdict was coming, otherwise he would never have done that stupid 6 gun gesture to the camera, he did this way before a verdict was announced.

How did he know?

He may not have known. I can't help but think *jury tampering*. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but the DT knew. CM has been lawyering for decades and is quite adept at maneuvering the legal system. While everyone was focused on Baez and his bumbling, CM was in the background playing out his own version of a John Grisham novel.

I said it before, Baez reminds me a little bit of Peter Falk/Columbo (RIP)...maybe much of that bumbling is something of an act that he found works to his favor. In any case, all trial lawyers have something of the actor in them and use theatrics to their best advantage it, we saw it from the prosecution.

No way Jose...(knew what the verdict would be). He was as shocked as the rest of the world, he just recovered faster since he liked what he was hearing.

I will admit when I was watching the trial I was wondering why he was letting stuff go into court that shouldnt have gone into court. He would object but use and improper objection ..etc. I thought at the time it was his lack of skill but his closing showed me he was allowing stuff into court that he wanted there while preserving the record in case he the worst case happened.

He did a very good job. I do feel he slow played the SA and veiwers . The thought he had played us hit me harder then Casey Anthony being found not guilty because I saw that coming I did not see Baez pulling all the things he failed to keep out of court to his advantage and he worked over every mistake or weak spot in SA's case

When I started watching the trial I posted a post that said dont be shocked if baez suprizes us all. And yet I was still shocked and his Closing. I think it helped seal the deal but it didnt do it alone ,the evidence wasnt there to prove a homicide and any good lawyer would have sent Casey Anthony home.

Baez knew what the verdict should have been based on the evidence. The SA knew it too. LDB didnt look a bit shocked yesterday.

I said it before, Baez reminds me a little bit of Peter Falk/Columbo (RIP)...maybe much of that bumbling is something of an act that he found works to his favor. In any case, all trial lawyers have something of the actor in them and use theatrics to their best advantage it, we saw it from the prosecution.

No way Jose...(knew what the verdict would be). He was as shocked as the rest of the world, he just recovered faster since he liked what he was hearing.

I totaly agree and I loved Columbo :) may Peter Falk RIP.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Everybody believing that devastated grieving "jojo" act is what's UNBELIEVABLE to me... PUH-LEEZE... No finger prints on the duct tape, NO DNA on the sticky side that was supposedly attached to her DECOMPOSING FACE either, only ONE hair and a blow fly leg in the trunk that had the SMELL OF DEATH in it and a bag of trash.. The only person that would KNOW how to clean/cover up a potential crime scene...an EX-COP.
I'm not buying that. The fault lies with the lazy cop that wouldn't investigate the Kronk finding in August. Had he done that, there would have been some evidence; the storm and flood destroyed all the possible DNA and fingerprints.

Baez knew that not guilty verdict was coming, otherwise he would never have done that stupid 6 gun gesture to the camera, he did this way before a verdict was announced.

How did he know?

They usually know, I don't know how but they do.

I'm not buying that. The fault lies with the lazy cop that wouldn't investigate the Kronk finding in August. Had he done that, there would have been some evidence; the storm and flood destroyed all the possible DNA and fingerprints.

I don't buy it either and I agree it's the lazy cop who was scared of the snake.

How do you expect to find that evidence when a body is submerged in water for as long as her's was?

Some people have come to rely too much on fingerprints...which any cop will tell you are usually useless at a cs and dna..there's not always dna in a murder case...especially when the victim has been underwater..dna washes off.

Now the jury is asking for money for interviews...what does that tell you....nullification maybe?

I don't buy it either and I agree it's the lazy cop who was scared of the snake.

How do you expect to find that evidence when a body is submerged in water for as long as her's was?

Some people have come to rely too much on fingerprints...which any cop will tell you are usually useless at a cs and dna..there's not always dna in a murder case...especially when the victim has been underwater..dna washes off.

Now the jury is asking for money for interviews...what does that tell you....nullification maybe?
Yes, I believe it was jury nullification. The jurors didn't ask to see ANY evidence.

I have resigned myself to the fact that ICA will walk free. I will ALWAYS refer to her as ICA REGARDLESS! I have to trust in a higher power that Caylee is indeed better off where she is at. Does that make it right? No, but our justice is still the best in the world. Please say you guys will be with me during my brother's trial. I have NEVER met a more compassionate group of people online. I will need you, I will depend on your strength. The strength and compassion that you have shown our little rock star is beyond words.

Re: Baez
I have a suspicion also that his sl*t comments were directed at one person. Believe me when I tell you that if you have a name and birthdate you can find out anything about someone. They researched this jury and everything they did was designed to influence. They knew the jury and the state didn't. The state trusted the jurors and their evidence too much.

This comment reminded me of something; ever read John Grisham's legal thriller, The Runaway Jury? Maybe that's where they got the idea?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back