Baez knew NOT GUILTY verdict was coming....

The deputies know first. They tell the defense. Didn't you see the deputy lean over and say something to Casey?

I don't believe that, she looked petrified to me. I think she was told she could not react verbally or in any other way until the verdicts were complete.

The whole defense team was in shock when they announced NOt guilty. Baez looked the most shocked. CM could not believe his ears..

I don't buy it either and I agree it's the lazy cop who was scared of the snake.

How do you expect to find that evidence when a body is submerged in water for as long as her's was?

Some people have come to rely too much on fingerprints...which any cop will tell you are usually useless at a cs and dna..there's not always dna in a murder case...especially when the victim has been underwater..dna washes off.

Now the jury is asking for money for interviews...what does that tell you....nullification maybe?

Thanks for your post. I agree. What does it take to get a conviction? An eye witness who also took a photo of the crime? There would have been no DNA after being underwater. A little girl is dead and Casey is charged with nothing! How do they figure that? She was the last one who saw her....threw her in the woods...lied about a kidnapping. Who does that but a guilty person? I feel sick:banghead:

I will admit when I was watching the trial I was wondering why he was letting stuff go into court that shouldnt have gone into court. He would object but use and improper objection ..etc. I thought at the time it was his lack of skill but his closing showed me he was allowing stuff into court that he wanted there while preserving the record in case he the worst case happened.

He did a very good job. I do feel he slow played the SA and veiwers . The thought he had played us hit me harder then Casey Anthony being found not guilty because I saw that coming I did not see Baez pulling all the things he failed to keep out of court to his advantage and he worked over every mistake or weak spot in SA's case

When I started watching the trial I posted a post that said dont be shocked if baez suprizes us all. And yet I was still shocked and his Closing. I think it helped seal the deal but it didnt do it alone ,the evidence wasnt there to prove a homicide and any good lawyer would have sent Casey Anthony home.

Baez knew what the verdict should have been based on the evidence. The SA knew it too. LDB didnt look a bit shocked yesterday.

You know, thinking back on it, you have an interesting perspective. I voiced that I thought JB did a pretty darn good job at closing and how suprised I was he didn't act that competent during the rest of the trial (much to the dismay of some other folks). I was perplexed. Now I understand.

He was acting!

Why didn't I see this earlier. What a fool I am!!

MOO

Mel

Baez did a good job with his closing? Like when he flubbed and said "the truth STOPS here" talk about a Freudian slip!

I've heard many people say his closing was great and if that is what passes for great then I'm gobsmacked. The standard must be pretty low in my opinion - I think he is an appalling bad orator but he tells a good yarn to not very bright people.

I think he hooked them in with his bs story the very first day and the jury were not willing to consider anything else - he must have been reading up on Greek tragedies prior to writing his opening, it was all there.

The deputies know first. They tell the defense. Didn't you see the deputy lean over and say something to Casey?

No I didn't but I figured the deputies. knew first, in a few other cases I know about they did.

I have resigned myself to the fact that ICA will walk free. I will ALWAYS refer to her as ICA REGARDLESS! I have to trust in a higher power that Caylee is indeed better off where she is at. Does that make it right? No, but our justice is still the best in the world. Please say you guys will be with me during my brother's trial. I have NEVER met a more compassionate group of people online. I will need you, I will depend on your strength. The strength and compassion that you have shown our little rock star is beyond words.

I know that I can speak for many that we are with and for you. My prayers to you and your family as you go through this.

What does jury nullification mean?

I have resigned myself to the fact that ICA will walk free. I will ALWAYS refer to her as ICA REGARDLESS! I have to trust in a higher power that Caylee is indeed better off where she is at. Does that make it right? No, but our justice is still the best in the world. Please say you guys will be with me during my brother's trial. I have NEVER met a more compassionate group of people online. I will need you, I will depend on your strength. The strength and compassion that you have shown our little rock star is beyond words.

We will be here for you every step of the way, Tulessa! :grouphug:

http://youtu.be/Q7RPCFfudmU

I said it before, Baez reminds me a little bit of Peter Falk/Columbo (RIP)...maybe much of that bumbling is something of an act that he found works to his favor. In any case, all trial lawyers have something of the actor in them and use theatrics to their best advantage it, we saw it from the prosecution.

No way Jose...(knew what the verdict would be). He was as shocked as the rest of the world, he just recovered faster since he liked what he was hearing.

IMO Baez played the jury beautifully (don't throw tomatoes ... it's just the way our system works). He purposely and repeatedly "required" the prosecution to object, knowing the repeated, sustained objections; the many sidebars; and the judge's admonishments would make the Defense look like underdogs, continually under attack by the State (by both the Prosecution and the Judge). And all the while, poor little KC was seated in her lowered chair directly across from the jury.

Baez put Cindy on the stand, knowing her State's testimony would be impeached as a result of the lies she told on behalf of the Defense. He put River Whatever on the stand to impeach ALL of GA's testimony: denying sexual abuse of KC; confirming his absolute belief he (a former police officer) smelled decomp in KC's car. IMO, no family members should have called as witnesses for the State.

I haven't read the jury instructions, but -- IMO -- the State's strongest closing would have been explaining the difference between "reasonable doubt" and "a reason to doubt."

The family -- the entire family -- gave the jurors a REASON to doubt.

The famliy members lie. All of them. But the forensic evidence of human decomp in KC's car; the high concentrations of cholorform; the computer searches; the manner in which Caylee's body was "tossed away" like garbage; the placement of the duct tape ... Is it REASONABLE to believe KC planned, executed, and covered up her daughter's death?

Ah, what's done is done. The verdict is in. And JB did what he was hired to do: He convinced a jury of "reasonable doubt," by using a facade of an "underdog" Defense and by confusing the difference between "what a reasonable person might doubt," and "what a gives a person reason to doubt."

Hell, I doubt my own existence. But, reasonably, I exist.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Everybody believing that devastated grieving "jojo" act is what's UNBELIEVABLE to me... PUH-LEEZE... No finger prints on the duct tape, NO DNA on the sticky side that was supposedly attached to her DECOMPOSING FACE either, only ONE hair and a blow fly leg in the trunk that had the SMELL OF DEATH in it and a bag of trash.. The only person that would KNOW how to clean/cover up a potential crime scene...an EX-COP.

I would have done a better job. :innocent:

I wouldn't have missed the hair, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

I wouldn't have let it stink. the body wouldn't have been in the car... it would have been in a sealed plastic container along with the bags. It never would have gone into the trunk until it was in those.

I wouldn't have left all of the victim's belongings in the car.

I would have torched the car, after reporting it stolen.

I would have reported the person missing.

I wouldn't have left any belongings with the body.

I would have taken advantage of being within a reasonable drive of the everglades... and never allowed any body to be found. :sick:

If an ex-cop covered up this crime, he must not have been a great cop. Several killers did a much better job, some of whom have been convicted... others who have never been caught. :twocents:

What does jury nullification mean?

I just did some reading on that today. It means when a jury reaches a not guilty verdict despite what the evidence shows and it is not illegal to do, just a very little known right that juries have. I think OJ's case could almost be called jury nullification. I don't feel that way about this case, as I don't believe the state proved their case.

But anyway, it is not anything that can be redressed legally.

Of course he did. Any reasonable and sane person knew it was coming.

Well with such a short deliberation I think we all did to be honest .. but when they went out I thought she was going down in the biggest way.

You can absolutely count on me. Please, if you ever need something, let me know. I will be right beside you until this creep goes to prison. You have my 100% support.

Bottom line...When underhanded tactics are used and you are lied to and decieved it's hard to trust anything you hear is the TRUTH.... Wouldn't surprise me to learn they all knew, including Casey, she had been acquitted before the verdict was read..."All the world's a stage"..JMHO

The way KC was biting her nails before that verdict, I don't think she knew anyway.

Nope, even God himself spit his coffee out that morning....:floorlaugh:

I don't think Baez knew a Not Guilty verdict was coming, and I don't think the jury voted Not Guilty because he did a great job.

I can and do believe its just a bad 12 picked for a jury.

I think they thought she was getting the DP. ICA thought so too.

Regardless of JB winning I would never let him represent me. I think this win was due to 12 juors not really understanding the charges, their role, and RD. I also think the next person he defends could pay the price for this verdict.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back