Baez no longer represents Casey--it's finally legal

Maybe JB is just off of the criminal stuff, but still steers the book deal/entertainment ship. Cheney is handling her probation appeal and is probably monitoring the civil case, meanwhile JB is available for national promo's. They haven't acheived anything yet, so I'm sure he's still around, he just has to feed his family...

Awwwww, the break up is official. We should buy him a big bag of Twizzlers, so he has something to remember Casey by. Poor guy. He must be so broken up about Money, I mean Casey.

I truly thought he would stick around until her million dollar interview, then take his share and leave her butt behind. Makes me wonder what in the heck she has on him to scare him away from her!

And suddenly I feel like breaking out in song...Na na na na...na na na na...hey Jose...GOODBYE!!!!

Hey, do we know who called it quits or why? Did he leave because he wanted to, or because he felt it was simply time to? Or did she "fire" him? I know there were rumors since the trial that they weren't getting along, or not even rumors as much as just pure speculation based on how they behaved towards each other.

Also, and PLEASE don't fry me for saying this, but I think that she was a HUGE boost to his career. Personally, if I were in his shoes I would never want to be associated with her at all, but, there are people out there requiring a defender who would see him as being very successful. JMO.
----------------
Hi Daughter. My thank you button doesnt always work. I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think he is glad to get her off his back, wouldnt want her on mine either! He may now stand a chance as you said now that he's rid of her. I dont think Cheney cares as he is supposed to retire anyway. :seeya:

whether he's still representing her or not, if she still owes him money he'd theoretically get it anyways...if she had any or ever does.

They can't have a "professional" relationship and a "personal" one at the same time. So maybe they just want to be "friends". I don't think she is "done" with JB yet. KC does not give up that easily. jmo

Don't forget in a few short months it will be 1 year since the verdict. While I sincerely hope and pray no media outlets will say or do anything about it, any books, any anything, Baez may just be clearing his slate to "manage" the $$$ and deals.

Hey, do we know who called it quits or why? Did he leave because he wanted to, or because he felt it was simply time to? Or did she "fire" him? I know there were rumors since the trial that they weren't getting along, or not even rumors as much as just pure speculation based on how they behaved towards each other.

Also, and PLEASE don't fry me for saying this, but I think that she was a HUGE boost to his career. Personally, if I were in his shoes I would never want to be associated with her at all, but, there are people out there requiring a defender who would see him as being very successful. JMO.

No frying!!!
You are correct, IMO.
He was a rookie lawyer when he was hired by Casey, iirc other lawyers have said they had never heard of him before.

Before OCA came along, Baez represented a Hispanic woman who was charged with kidnapping a baby....it was not Baez that I remembered but the Hispanic woman herself and the charges against her.

I was thinking that JB has been on TV since the trial ended, discussing the case and saying that he was still representing FCA.

True....
We saw him soon after the trial was over
Remember his last interview with Geraldo? IMO he seemed "off" and soon after Mason states that Baez's role as lawyer ended back in July.

This was the (iirc Jan 9 2012) interview were Jose spoke about the "leaked" videos/photos and said "WE're investigating everything"

I am not a bit surprised by this. Remember, FCA bends people to her will to get her way, whether reasonable or not. Makes demands. Screams at them with "Frushtrashion" when things don't work out. Causes them to crash and burn because they end up looking like fools simply due to the fact that they did support her. Then she dumps them on the side of the road. (Just like her daughter.) Very simply she uses people. Period.

I also think she is a fool. Jose was the ONE person (besides her immediate family) who stood by her. But then FCA has loyalty to no one. Remember how she demonstrated hatred towards her family when she didn't get her way.

I also don't see an interview or book in her future after her video leaks. She is a well-known, proven liar. What can she possibly say? She has proven over and over on her stupid little videos that she is superficial, shallow, narcissistic and . . . above all . . . BORING!!! She is approaching 30 years old and still acts like a 14 year old. Most disturbing to me is the fact that she just doesn't get it. She truly believes that the world will continue to revolve around her even though she is no longer a "cute, young, thing". In my opinion she is in for a very rude awakening.

Does anyone know what day FCA's probation started? I am thinking sometime in August last year, if it was mid-August, about now is 6 mos. later. or did probation start day she was released, ~July 17? I remember they were figuring it out for a while and I think her first check-in was late August? I have heard it mentioned she might get done with probation on the check charges in about 6 mos., which would be about now, or now is 7 months, depending on how it was figured. JB was her atty for those charges, just wondering if he had to wait to submit his Notice of Withdrawal until FCA's probation was finished in case she messed up, he would still represent her?

just thinking and wondering aloud about the timing of this. I know CM mentioned a while ago JB was off the case since the verdict, but JB was on Geraldo a couple times since then, the last time already mentioned here by others how here was "off".

Just wondering if timing means FCA ** WILL ** get officially done with probation now since she served 6-7 mos without a problem noted on her official forms, and she started paying her fees last time, is she done or will she be done after next check-in end of this month, IF JB had to stick around until the end since he represented her on the charges she is on probatio for??? ALL MY OPINION ONLY.

IMO, MOO, etc.

Does anyone know what day FCA's probation started? I am thinking sometime in August last year, if it was mid-August, about now is 6 mos. later. or did probation start day she was released, ~July 17? I remember they were figuring it out for a while and I think her first check-in was late August? I have heard it mentioned she might get done with probation on the check charges in about 6 mos., which would be about now, or now is 7 months, depending on how it was figured. JB was her atty for those charges, just wondering if he had to wait to submit his Notice of Withdrawal until FCA's probation was finished in case she messed up, he would still represent her?

just thinking and wondering aloud about the timing of this. I know CM mentioned a while ago JB was off the case since the verdict, but JB was on Geraldo a couple times since then, the last time already mentioned here by others how here was "off".

Just wondering if timing means FCA ** WILL ** get officially done with probation now since she served 6-7 mos without a problem noted on her official forms, and she started paying her fees last time, is she done or will she be done after next check-in end of this month, IF JB had to stick around until the end since he represented her on the charges she is on probatio for??? ALL MY OPINION ONLY.

IMO, MOO, etc.

IIRC...her Probation started August 25, 2011

IMO, MOO, etc.

BBM
Here are some links from the WS's Current News Thread
Time frame Jan 9-12

Casey’s set to dump lawyer

Last Updated: 12:39 AM, January 11, 2012

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/casey_set_to_dump_lawyer_LBVrddLhtCU1BbkWJbMI1O#ixzz1j9pcvdU5

ORLANDO - Jose Baez and Dorothy Clay Sims have withdrawn as Casey Anthony's attorneys, according to reports.

Without citing sources, the celebrity website TMZ.com reports that Baez "has decided to REMOVE HIMSELF from Anthony's legal team." Note the use of capital letters.

The Orlando Sentinel tried to contact Baez for confirmation, but he had not returned the calls.

"On Wednesday, the New York Post reported that Casey planned to fire Baez over his dealings with the media and his apparent failure to land a lucrative interview deal.

Also on Wednesday, another Anthony attorney, Dorothy Clay Sims, filed paperwork to withdraw, according to WFTV.com .

The reports follow the unsealing of eye-opening depositions on Wednesday from two psychiatrists who evaluated Casey."

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...e-baez-dorothy-clay-sims-resign#ixzz1jGXPSkbN

IIRC...her Probation started August 25, 2011

Thanks!! so end of this week = 6 months. But then my theory re: JB timing doesn't work, since he withdrew yesterday 2/21, 6 months will be the end of this week, unless they go by actual number of days, instead of just calendar date, and I am too lazy to figure that out. I was just thinking if that may be the case............

IMO, MOO, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back