Baez Tries to Sneak Bracelet to Casey

I don't think KC would have worn it at all, but if she did and it slipped past jail security, then everyone would be asking who gave "that" bracelet to KC?"

Can't believe JB would take that stupid risk, so unprofessional.

Why not just go through appropriate channels if he wants her to have a "Caylee" bracelet?? Not that she'd wear it. But WHY risk getting in trouble with the jail? Or the news story that will inevitably be written about it? Didn't the hugging fiasco teach him ANYTHING??

I hear what you're saying Janis, but he may not know the "appropriate channels." Perhaps Casey is his first client who is cooling her heels in jail as he defends her. Jose may be learning it as he goes along.
I'm surprised he didn't try to sneak in a "Find Caylee" t-shirt and have her wear that and hol the Caylee Sunshine doll while she's sitting at the defense table. It's almost the same thing. He's trying to make his client appear something she is not.
I know defense lawyers know the importance of how their clients appear in court. But this sneaking a bracelet to her says more than that. It shows he's not a stranger to underhanded tatics. He's either very unaware of proceedures or he's daring enough to try breaking the rules. What else is he going to try and get away with?
jmo

I'm thinking that he picked up the jacket from CA to take to KC and she put the bracelet in the pocket without telling Baez. It just sounds so CA.

ETA: If it was in the socks I definitely think CA. JB would know that those socks would get turned inside out before giving them to KC.

What was he saying about the media making her a circus or something?? Seems like he is doing a good job of making that prediction come true.

Why or why is he doing this to his client. You can't do stuff like this and expect it not to be reported. Cause it's freaking unbelievable that a lawyer would be this stupid with any of his/her clients. Much less a high profile one.

I still say that the comments to her about her being boss, was about the fact that she has the power and right to fire JB. SHE is in charge of wither he works for her or not. If I was her parents, even if she was guilty, I would want her to have a fair trial with a REAL lawyer.

OMG I am just speechless!!! WTH is wrong with him. :crazy:

IMO she doesn't deserve to wear anything with Caylee's name on it.

I'm thinking that he picked up the jacket from CA to take to KC and she put the bracelet in the pocket without telling Baez. It just sounds so CA.

Actually it was placed in the socks. You know, maybe the blame is going to Baez in error. Maybe he got the items from Cindy and Cindy put it there to stoke a bit of remorse out of the girl.

I think you might be right!

The article (and the news clip I saw on Channel 6) said JB brought her the clothes, but it didn't say WHO did the actual picking out of the clothes - if they were hers - or where the clothes came from. So it might not have been JB - just saying that to keep us all honest :)
Whoever did it - that bracelet was hidden in a sock - it wasn't like it was lying on top of the clothes or anything - so there definite attempt to deceive!

Jail spokesman Allen Moore said the bracelet had the inscription "Forever in our hearts Caylee Marie Anthony" on it.

That bracelet had to be ordered with that inscription. I suppose there are outlets that will make it while you wait. Still shows planning and effort.

Almost each day this case presents weird surprises.

Well, the only RIGHT thing to do in this case, is to make her appear in the suit she will wear for the rest of her natural born life! A PRISON JUMPSUIT!!!!

How stupid of a move was that?

:furious:

ETA: If it was in the socks I definitely think CA. JB would know that those socks would get turned inside out before giving them to KC.

I seriously doubt that jacket came from her closet. Not her types of clothing.

That bracelet had to be ordered with that inscription. I suppose there are outlets that will make it while you wait. Still shows planning and effort.

Almost each day this case presents weird surprises.

I think Marina has a point. Maybe Baez got the clothes from Cindy and Cindy put it in there. That makes sense. It does not make sense that Baez would have put it there.

Eyewitness News has learned Baez also wanted his client to wear a Caylee bracelet, so he put it in one of her socks.

Actually it was placed in the socks. You know, maybe the blame is going to Baez in error. Maybe he got the items from Cindy and Cindy put it there to stoke a bit of remorse out of the girl.

I think you might be right!
Yeah, I think whoever put it in there hoped she would see it and cry on camera. But she's not going to because IMO she's waaaay over Caylee and the only thing bothering her is that she has to go through this court/jail/trial business instead of partying.

The article said it was hidden in a sock. It makes you wonder if he will or has tried to sneak contraband during his late night visits at the jail.

Yeah, I think whoever put it in there hoped she would see it and cry on camera. But she's not going to because IMO she's waaaay over Caylee and the only thing bothering her is that she has to go through this court/jail/trial business instead of partying.

I think if it were really Baez doing this, it would make him appear juvenile and silly. A family member doing it makes more sense. Maybe that is why Conway came over to her and was part of what he was trying to tell her?

What Baez doesn't understand is at the end of the day it really doesn't matter how "professional" Casey looks at these pre-trial hearings or even her actual trial when/if that happens many months from now.

It's the totality of the state's evidence that will decide Casey's fate not how grown up she looks with her pulled-back hairdo and pants suit. That's an illusion. Defense strategy 101.

MOO

DT

If they came from CA...then, it appears KC has jumped a size cuz, that jacket was a tad snug!

Seems like the snacks are creepin' up on the girls...kwim?

I hear what you're saying Janis, but he may not know the "appropriate channels." Perhaps Casey is his first client who is cooling her heels in jail as he defends her. Jose may be learning it as he goes along.
I'm surprised he didn't try to sneak in a "Find Caylee" t-shirt and have her wear that and hol the Caylee Sunshine doll while she's sitting at the defense table. It's almost the same thing. He's trying to make his client appear something she is not.
I know defense lawyers know the importance of how their clients appear in court. But this sneaking a bracelet to her says more than that. It shows he's not a stranger to underhanded tatics. He's either very unaware of proceedures or he's daring enough to try breaking the rules. What else is he going to try and get away with?
jmo

I may believe that if the bracelet hadn't been tucked inside a pair of socks - an obvious attempt to hide it and circumvent the rules. If he just wasn't aware, then he probably would have just tried to bring it in to the jail with him the last time he went to see her. I think he was deliberately trying to "one up" the jail staff. You know they've been soooo MEAN to him about hugging Casey, and not letting him bring his laptop in. This just REEKS of him trying - and of course, failing - to get one over on them. Like they wouldn't have noticed her wearing it in court anyway?? He complains about the circus atmosphere, then I say he needs to take the clown suit off. IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back