Baez Tries to Sneak Bracelet to Casey

The Orange County jail guards found it inside Casey's clothing, which Jose Baez dropped off right at the visitation center. The jail said, because it's a rubber band and not a weapon, no harm, no foul.

this is a big nothing again.

Has anybody wondered if the bracelet is why CA asked GA to pick out jewelry?

As HER lawyer, it is also his responsibility to do whatever he has to in the best interest of his client, which also means if a parent sent clothes that he hand delivered, it is his job to make sure nothing is in those items to cause her any problems. Baez clearly broke the rules, and I 100% AGREE WITH YOUR POST!

That is the crux of the issue. He knows the rules, and should have made sure that there was nothing that could be considered contraband tucked within.

My outrage isn't about the bracelet per se, it's the question in my mind what else has been smuggled in as contraband? Or out? KWIM?

IMO, this is just another one of JB's attempts to distract everyone from whats really going on. Smoke and mirrors.....He can try, but making KC look like she cares about Caylee just might be impossible. You know "in a backwards kind of way":waitasec:

Lets say some thanks that it wasn't a solid gold bracelet or we would be all over the money trail! I'm ready to see some dancing JB's pretty soon on Leno!

That is the crux of the issue. He knows the rules, and should have made sure that there was nothing that could be considered contraband tucked within.

Right. It wasn't that it was rubber, or some material that isn't considered "dangerous", the point is he continues to FLAUNT the rules. As an attorney in such a visible case, I would think he'd do everything in his power to avoid the appearance of impropriety. Like he said himself, this case will be over in a few years, and he will STILL have to continue make a living in that community, so I would think his reputation would have SOME value to him???
But, it's truly not looking that way to me. IMO.

You know they're going to play "dumb" again. This *so* looks like a CA stunt. JB will probably say that CA got the clothes from KC's closet (which is why they no longer fit). And CA will say she didn't know that an "outfit" couldn't include "jewelry." The same as there was no malicious intent in washing the pants from the car or cleaning the knife or not handing over the JCPenny records, etc., etc., etc. And JB will say he never thought to check the clothing. Well, color me stupid.

It said "Forever in our hearts Caylee Marie Anthony" according to the article. "Our" could easily be the family imo.

I guess I just make news where there is none - I assumed that this was one of those rubber bracelets from the Caylee Doll site. LOL.

Edited to admit: I had totally forgotten about the ones the Anthonys were selling.

"forever in OUR hearts"

I could be way off base here...but is anyone else thinking what I am? I posted a lot on another board until recently but I still wonder about KC's association with JB...quite a bit actually.

Why not "forever in my heart (my meaning KC)" I doubt the GP's had it made for her.

I agree ..

Was the bracelet a gold chain or one of those rubber things?
Just wondering ..

:seeya:

so can she keep it with her? what the heck would she want it for. ppshh.

You know they're going to play "dumb" again. This *so* looks like a CA stunt. JB will probably say that CA got the clothes from KC's closet (which is why they no longer fit). And CA will say she didn't know that an "outfit" couldn't include "jewelry." The same as there was no malicious intent in washing the pants from the car or cleaning the knife or not handing over the JCPenny records, etc., etc., etc. And JB will say he never thought to check the clothing. Well, color me stupid.

This incident which MIGHT be interpreted by a potential juror to mean Casey WANTED the bracelet, is going to be all over the media, all over every internet forum and maybe even on NG & Greta before tomorrow morning.

Nobody got into trouble and the show of "motherly caring" is making headlines.

Cindy isn't that savvy.

IMO

The Orange County jail guards found it inside Casey's clothing, which Jose Baez dropped off right at the visitation center. The jail said, because it's a rubber band and not a weapon, no harm, no foul.

this is a big nothing again.

Thank you!

I think Marina has a point. Maybe Baez got the clothes from Cindy and Cindy put it in there. That makes sense. It does not make sense that Baez would have put it there.

No matter really. He is the lawyer and he is the one bringing things in to the jail. HE should be smart enough to check them.
what if there was a weapon or drugs or whatever in those clothes?
IMO, it's on him to make sure he doesn't bring contraband in.
moo
:)

A *lawyer* who WOULD bring STUFF to an INMATE without inspecting it????????

Call me cynical but if this was Vegas, I'd bet Baez was aware of the bracelet.

IMO

A *lawyer* who WOULD bring ANYTHING to an INMATE without inspecting them maybe shouldn't be handling such a high profile case.

If this was Vegas, I'd bet Baez was aware of the bracelet.

IMO

Exactly... regardless if the bracelet was a product of an outside entity tucking it into the socks, it was JB's responsibility to make sure anything to do with his client sticks within the rules, including clothes he delivers to her to wear to the hearings.

I have heard CA and LA mention to KC that it was notice by all that she was showing no emotions about Caylee, we are still waiting. The bracelet was going to make up for that, sureeeee.

IMO, this is just another one of JB's attempts to distract everyone from whats really going on. Smoke and mirrors.....He can try, but making KC look like she cares about Caylee just might be impossible. You know "in a backwards kind of way":waitasec:

Exactly, more smoke and mirrors from Mr. Baez.

It was a rubber bracelet hidden in a sock. It being shoved into a sock and not a pocket tells me they tried to sneak it in. I think the LE confiscated it. JB knows better but he is like KC in thinking the laws/rules do not apply to them. KC would have worn the bracelet just as she strutted around in the find Caylee t-shirts.

He needs to be fired off this case. He is doing more damage to her by acting the way he does. I am no fan of hers for sure, but thses antics between the two are just a little too much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back