Baez Wants Casey Present at Depositions of Jail Inmates and Personnel

Is it possible that Baez is attempting to shield Casey of the "REAL" possibilities?
I can see him telling her," it's all B.S. The state has NO evidence. You'll be free my little buttercup.

I can also see Casey being excited to have a visitor, and instead of a quick 1 minute signature, Casey chats his ear off for 3 hours.

BBM-I agree. He's so over her right now he doesn't want to waste his time in jail chit chatting with her. He has a New York trip coming up to prepare for and I have a feeling he's going to make the rounds on some shows while he's there. In fact, I think that is the real reason he's going to New York. Plus he may get to visit with his new BFF Geraldo.

I wonder if Casey even knows she's the one being used instead of her being the user.

IMO

BBM-I agree. He's so over her right now he doesn't want to waste his time in jail chit chatting with her. He has a New York trip coming up to prepare for and I have a feeling he's going to make the rounds on some shows while he's there. In fact, I think that is the real reason he's going to New York. Plus he may get to visit with his new BFF Geraldo.

I wonder if Casey even knows she's the one being used instead of her being the user.

IMO

I can't help thinking that the biggest mistake that LE, the jail and the SA made was restricting KC's access to the internet. Heck they should have given her a laptop, hooked her up to the jail wifi, let her read everything including THIS SITE, and then sat back and watched what poured out of her.

I think her vanity gets the best of her. She doesn't have access to nice hair care products, a blow dryer/styling brush, decent makeup, etc. The clothes, need I say more, definitely not something she would wear after seeing pictures of her before she went to jail.

She strutted into Jose's office in short shorts and a tight top carrying a binder labeled 'Media Reports' or something like that. Kind of gives you an idea of where her priorities were at the time. She couldn't even wear a missing Caylee T-shirt without tying it in a knot to show off her skin tight jeans. Even one of the reporters asked why she was strutting around like that. It was so over the top and inappropriate considering the circumstances.

I believe it's as simple as that, she doesn't want to be seen (especially on camera) not looking her best. It's probably difficult to strut with the leg shackles too.

If she had all of the above and a nice hair cut, I think she'd be posing for the camera every chance she got.

IMO

BBM. Well, you know the last time she tried to strut in those shackles she faceplanted the floor and broke a tooth. So that didn't work out so well. And the next you thing you know, Baez is asking the judge to take them off in the court room at least. She's at the very least got to be able to strut in front of the judge and jurors. Gag me.

She reminds me of that Carly Simon song, "You're so vain...you probably think this song is about you...you're so vain..."

....yet then he admits this is not SOP, for KC to be present. Furthermore, does he not get that there are boundaries between the judicial and the executive branches of government? He keeps pushing the judges (JS, JP) to get the jail to do certain things and has been told that sometimes, the judge's hands are tied in these matters. Does the jail HAVE to let these inmates (inlcuding KC) do any of this on their watch, in their facility? A question for the legal thread, I guess.

IMO

You know, I'm still not getting why CM and JB have to fly to NY when it would be far cheaper for Ms. Baden to fly south, unless they are meeting with someone else who is unable to fly down to Florida at the moment.

I can't believe what I just watched. Baez was so unprepared that the defense team had to jump in to remind him which officers hadn't been deposed.

Then he requested to have a motion heard that the HHJP had not even seen, and didn't even have a copy of it. The Defense had to give HHJP a copy!

Meanwhile, Cheney awoke from his coma once to say it was Amy's responsibility to come at their beck and call, her job be damned. She was never deposed for the 1 1/2 years that she was readily available, and never even deposed before the check fraud charges were filed.

HHJP said "WHAT?" in complete shock as Baez said he wanted Miss Murderess Casey herself to be able to attend the depositions.

Cheney Mason needs to do something. Maybe he feels like his job right now is just to coach Baez, then throw him in the water and let him learn to swim? Perhaps he plans to save his expertise for trial time?

I was absolutely shocked. This is no dream team, at least not pre-trial for sure.

I'm in shock too. He was a bumbling IDIOT! I'm fearful the case could be dismissed due to his ignorance. I was embarrased for him. What more would he have to do to get thrown off the case? I can't believe it hasn't happened already. I know that ICA can choose her own Attorney, but this is ridiculous. Baez was on JVM and quickly dismissed talking about ICA and went on to discuss some Prostitute he's defending. Nothing like spreading himself a little thin. Although maybe the Prostitute is a paying customer and he needs the money. Baez was so unorganized during the hearing it wasn't even funny. I'm sure it took all JP could do to not blow a gasket.

Is it possible that Baez is attempting to shield Casey of the "REAL" possibilities?
I can see him telling her," it's all B.S. The state has NO evidence. You'll be free my little buttercup.

I can also see Casey being excited to have a visitor, and instead of a quick 1 minute signature, Casey chats his ear off for 3 hours.

I don't think he is shielding her from the real possibilities, not at this point...

BBM
At the beginning of this case I believed he thought so too.

I also thought, at the very beginning of the case, Baez probably believed Caylee was missing and Casey had nothing to do with it.
WHY? Because I believe when Casey retained him she lied to him as well, it certainly would not have been out of character for her.
Cindy calls 911 to report Caylee missing, LE show up to investigate and Casey continues to lie to everyone. So I doubt she told Baez the truth at the beginning as well.

:twocents:

IMO

I think the tables have turned on Casey...I believed she was using him at the beginning...thinking he would believe her "ahem" story...I think he quickly found out she lied to him, just like she lied to her family and to LE.

....yet then he admits this is not SOP, for KC to be present. Furthermore, does he not get that there are boundaries between the judicial and the executive branches of government? He keeps pushing the judges (JS, JP) to get the jail to do certain things and has been told that sometimes, the judge's hands are tied in these matters. Does the jail HAVE to let these inmates (inlcuding KC) do any of this on their watch, in their facility? A question for the legal thread, I guess.

BBM
I didn't think so at first...but after he was told repeatedly in court by the Judge about the boundaries of the Judicial and Executive Branches..IMO Baez is just pushing to see if it will work one day.

I think the more the attention is placed on Baez, and the less attention Casey is getting, the more apt she is to do/say something to get the attention back on her.
I can imagine she is going to have a few fits on her way to this getting to trial.
The fact that Baez isn't going to see her is telling. She must be pissed. Everyone is forgetting about poor KC. Wonder when it is going to become too much for her.

I think the more the attention is placed on Baez, and the less attention Casey is getting, the more apt she is to do/say something to get the attention back on her.
I can imagine she is going to have a few fits on her way to this getting to trial.
The fact that Baez isn't going to see her is telling. She must be pissed. Everyone is forgetting about poor KC. Wonder when it is going to become too much for her.

Well, we certainly have seen from her jail tapes with mom & pop how frushtrated KC can get! Look what she did to her own daughter. :banghead:

BBM

If you are referring to Baez's request to have Casey present during the depos of the jail personnel, then that IS within the Court's jurisdiction. HHJP can rule on that and everyone will have to adhere to his ruling. I do not believe he is going to grant that request. There are many other ways Casey could reconcile the names & faces other than attending the depos. :innocent:

As far as Baez suggesting the depos be conducted at the jail - I actually can understand that. I don't think the location is a big deal. However, he might have been more apt to suggest that since he is filing a motion to have Casey present 'cause she ain't leaving the jail to go to another location to attend a freakin' depo where she isn't needed in the first place. IMO

In my opinion, the only reason Baez is making this request is the intimidation factor. Casey has probably developed some relationships with the guards and other personnel. They would likely be less candid in her presence and their testimony may (unintentionally) lean more favorably to the defense. heh, Baez doesn't have much....I guess he figures it is worth a shot.

BBM

If you are referring to Baez's request to have Casey present during the depos of the jail personnel, then that IS within the Court's jurisdiction. HHJP can rule on that and everyone will have to adhere to his ruling. I do not believe he is going to grant that request. There are many other ways Casey could reconcile the names & faces other than attending the depos. :innocent:

As far as Baez suggesting the depos be conducted at the jail - I actually can understand that. I don't think the location is a big deal. However, he might have been more apt to suggest that since he is filing a motion to have Casey present 'cause she ain't leaving the jail to go to another location to attend a freakin' depo where she isn't needed in the first place. IMO

In my opinion, the only reason Baez is making this request is the intimidation factor. Casey has probably developed some relationships with the guards and other personnel. They would likely be less candid in her presence and their testimony may (unintentionally) lean more favorably to the defense. heh, Baez doesn't have much....I guess he figures it is worth a shot.

BBM

I thought the Depos were videotaped?
I see your point with the intimidation factory.
If it's not for that reason then why the interest in these depositions?
This is the first motion requesting her presence in a depo and she has no interest in attending all the Hearing on her cases, so what's up folks?

You know, I'm still not getting why CM and JB have to fly to NY when it would be far cheaper for Ms. Baden to fly south, unless they are meeting with someone else who is unable to fly down to Florida at the moment.

They should probably take a horse and carriage, since putting their payment info out there is prejudicial in some way. JAC needs to fund this, too, otherwise, justice won't be served.

Like someone else posted earlier ... I'm thinking MEDIA ops in New York!

I loved that moment. I'll have to go back and listen to see if Judge Perry's response was "You want what?" or "Say what?"

I suppose this could be what the Courts would call an excited utterance - on the other hand, utter disbelief works too...

JB! Dude get a clue - your girl is going down and you're helping to put her there!

IMO

It is interesting that the almost - all nighters he used to pull (or make law students pull for him) have ceased, gotta wonder exactly what he's telling her these days as way of an excuse not to visit...

Once you're out-a here we'll have forever or I need to put all my time into your case - either way is a big ol lie... Between the two of them and their primping I doubt the jail has an interview room big enough to hold both of their egos.

now you DO realize that the leaves are just starting to turn :woohoo:and it would be an absolutely perfect time to take a side jaunt to visit Henry C. as they drive along the Merritt Parkway and soak up Mother Nature's finest or if they arrive tonight, drown in HER FURY! Anyhow, I'm sure Michael and Linda can afford to host them overnight, maybe even comp them tickets to a show....perhaps one where they aren't the MAIN characters!:dance: BTW: unavailable to house them myself, but there are a few unoccupied tables at work I could arrange for them......just as a professional favor to my colleagues down South. (teeee heeeeeee)

now you DO realize that the leaves are just starting to turn :woohoo:and it would be an absolutely perfect time to take a side jaunt to visit Henry C. as they drive along the Merritt Parkway and soak up Mother Nature's finest or if they arrive tonight, drown in HER FURY! Anyhow, I'm sure Michael and Linda can afford to host them overnight, maybe even comp them tickets to a show....perhaps one where they aren't the MAIN characters!:dance: BTW: unavailable to house them myself, but there are a few unoccupied tables at work I could arrange for them......just as a professional favor to my colleagues down South. (teeee heeeeeee)
bbm

HaHa! That's what I love, a ME with a sense of humor.

That is so generous of you Joypath, and something I would pay big bucks to see.
Good laugh, thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back